This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I may have given someone permission to officially represent the forum on there... I don't recall now. Instagram isn't as big a deal, as long as it's not doing anything harmful to the site's reputation. I'll have to see if I can remember or track down the owner of that one.

I wonder if there's a way to get the "cb7tuner" one removed so we can take the name. It's pretty shitty that someone would steal a name like that (someone did it on MySpace years ago, too...)
    You could also have people report that account. Eventually, instagram might delete that person's account and someone could swoop in a register it. I've seen other people do it like that too.

But I think the plan you said to someone else is a good idea. Instagram doesn't like letting people violate ownership rights.

Comment

Instagram is Facebook... and they honestly don't care. I've appealed to Facebook regarding the plethora of groups using "cb7tuner" in various forms, and not a single one of them has been changed or taken down. I even reported two groups called "Fuck CB7tuner" (each populated by the same two or three tantrum-throwing children.)

Originally posted by Facebook
      We reviewed your report of Fuck CB7Tuner! Go to your Support Inbox to learn more.

Thank you for taking the time to report something that you feel may violate our Community Standards. Reports like yours are an important part of making Facebook a safe and welcoming environment. We reviewed the group you reported for harassment and found it doesn't violate our Community Standards.
      I wonder if they'd remove a group called "Fuck Facebook" if someone started it... and what their reasons would be for doing so.

Comment

Yea that is exactly what I was thinking. The forum is home, but the facebook group would be like a new add-on room where we could hang out as well and have some updated features but the info will always remain here of course.

Comment

It'll be our new rumpus room.

Comment

Did we vote yet on whether dead strippers are allowed?

Comment

No dead strippers. Hell... my birthday just passed, and nobody sent me a single stripper. You guys don't love me anymore!

Comment

for FB and instagram, perhapes we can feature the AoM on fb coverphoto, and instagram aswell as here on forum.. just an idea, unless you guys already thought of it

Comment

The 9th gen group I'm in asks used to submit images for the cover photo.

I could see it going both ways. Either AoM or having contests and keeping the AoM on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    The problem isn't usually with the timely removal of comments... it's the backlash that comes from removing them. "Y U remove my thread u nazi mutherfuker? Dis plase suck!"
                    Or worse, the correction or removal of posts that give incorrect, harmful, or dangerous information ("jus cut ur springs bro!") Much of the drama on the previous group stemmed from people getting butthurt when corrected. Cut springs, lowering on stock shocks, HIDs in stock housings, turbo on stock 25 year old internals... somehow anyone arguing those things, even 100% respectfully, often gets attacked. If it's a staff member, suddenly it becomes an "us against them" situation. It's something I haven't yet figured out how to properly overcome, as the methods used here on the forum aren't effective.
                    Correct answer to the situation? Me. Lol. If they want to complain because they're giving out harmful info like cutting springs are adding oil to your gas to add more power, they don't need to be in the group. We're supposed to be enthusiast helping one another. Just because someone asked what the opinion is on Func/Forms and it's been asked 3 times that day, doesn't give anyone the right to go and call them d***nuts and talk trash. Just like up here, the search function doesn't work properly 100% of the time. So the search they try doesn't always work or turn up the results they were looking for.

For the one's who say "Y U deleetz mY poSt y0? eYE H8 Diz PlaCE!!!" I'd say, because you're being a d***, not following the rules, or showing horrible advice. And if you hate this place so much, I'll remove you. Then delete the post and remove said person. I was raised to do as you're told the 1st time. Don't like it, face the punishment from it. No questions asked.

Comment

Some thing like this or am I totally going the wrong way?

EDIT: whoa! Four posts in four minutes. It's as active as Facebook now we don't need a group!
                      sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                        Correct answer to the situation? Me. Lol. If they want to complain because they're giving out harmful info like cutting springs are adding oil to your gas to add more power, they don't need to be in the group. We're supposed to be enthusiast helping one another. Just because someone asked what the opinion is on Func/Forms and it's been asked 3 times that day, doesn't give anyone the right to go and call them d***nuts and talk trash. Just like up here, the search function doesn't work properly 100% of the time. So the search they try doesn't always work or turn up the results they were looking for.

For the one's who say "Y U deleetz mY poSt y0? eYE H8 Diz PlaCE!!!" I'd say, because you're being a d***, not following the rules, or showing horrible advice. And if you hate this place so much, I'll remove you. Then delete the post and remove said person. I was raised to do as you're told the 1st time. Don't like it, face the punishment from it. No questions asked.
                        You'd be amazed at how much drama that seemingly logical approach can create! That's the basic idea... but there are subtle factors that need to be taken into account for it to work. That's what I'm going to begin working on.

Comment

As for the strippers... it used to be dead hookers. Ralphie just assigned them a more respectable profession!

Comment

I'm not disconnecting from the work wifi to look for dead hookers haha.

Shadow, 1. I used your sweet sweet impersonation on the old fb group for the lolz, 2. The issue with the logical approach you take is that some members can be making joke posts that result in bans, some people can learn and grow up, and also the bad ones get "their homies" to come raid the group haha.

Just stick to the 30 minimum post rule before allowing entry into the group.

Maybe you could set up an automated PM with a link to the group once the member gets out of the beginner zone, with no mention of its existence anywhere else so that it's more controlled?

I think a secret group is what I am talking about
                            sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

That's pretty much what I plan to do. And the ONLY way to get in will be via the forum (and we'll still be looking out for post whores here, too.)

The auto-PM might be a good idea. I finally set up a Welcome PM (though it usually results in replies asking "y cant i post" or simply asking me technical questions directly... )

The method Shadow1 mentioned is pretty much how things were done before. Both the discussion about rule breaking (resulting in a ban), and the simple banning of people breaking the rules. I can think of two instances where popular members were banned, and a dozen threads popped up asking "why was so-and-so banned?"... which of course devolved into rants about how the staff are a bunch of power-mad Nazis that haven't gotten laid in years. Next thing we knew, a bunch of people were crossing the line and getting themselves banned as well. The admins of the old group were always more lenient with abuse of themselves than of others... so when you called an admin a name, it usually didn't get you banned (though prolonged abuse would eventually do it.)

Worse yet, the idea of banning someone for "giving bad information" is a very difficult one to implement. I consider telling someone to use D2 coilovers to be bad information. Hell, in the old group, I mentioned how certain knockoff suspension companies aren't real suspension companies on the basis that they don't actually engineer or manufacture anything, and someone actually responded with: "Apparently they did , if they fucken made them". Banning for bad information is touchy... because "bad information" doesn't have a universally accepted definition. Most people don't tell you to put sand in your intake manifold... they give information that they genuinely believe to be good information... even when it's "cut your springs and get extended tophats to save your stock shocks!"

Comment

A secret society of true Honda enthusiasts....... yes please! Leave the open facebook groups to the fly-by-night trollers and Honda-tech to the everyday "maintenance" questions. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind helping people with there issues. If you use google you will find answers to the everyday shyte in 5 seconds. No hassle from nasty trolls telling them to search and no clutter on a good informative site.

LoL at the emails from the welcome PM..... Should set up a no reply banner in the PM, or have replies go to a dead email address.

Misinformation, I can see once or twice if it is something objectionable. But if the person is shown the correct information and still insists that they are right...... 3 strikes your gone! There is already enough misinformation on the web as it is. A dedicated forum or group of enthusiasts is no place for it!

And trolls gotta go! The troll'n ethug drama is best left on open FB groups or Civic/Integra forums....
                                MR Thread
                                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
                                X