Theos92VR4 : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theos92VR4 : 1992 Accord EX

whats up guys! Im back again! Havent been on here in quite a while, but I picked up another cb7 which i plan on building!

CURRENT PICS (top ones are most recent)

/s205.photobucket.com/user/GTOVR41992/media/1992%20Accord%20ex/IMG_6213_zpsj2lmkrn2.jpg.html][/URL]

took off the 5 speed emblem since i got tired of it

Anyhow, i was in the market for another beater, since my other 3 cars are pretty much completely impractical and I refuse to drive them in the snow. So on my way home from work I stumbled across this gem. Originally for sale for $500, talked him down to $350. It ran and drove, but was sitting at a mechanics shop because of a bad fuel line. The shop gave him some ridiculous quote to replace the entire fuel tank and all the lines so He put it up for sale. I fixed the car with a new fuel line (only needed one, and the tank was perfectly fine) for $7, so this is my $357 accord. Its a 92 ex, 5 speed manual with 164k on it

BEFORE

Day i brought it home, with my si in the background lol

spark plug tube seals

Amber corners, diy blackhouse and front plate delete

ebay rainvisors and OEM sunroof visor

anyone have a rosewood fender lol

Mods/repairs:

Exterior:
    D2s e39 retrofitted in diy blackhouse lights
    OEM 92-93 fogs with acura legend yellow caps
    Rear fog
    CD5 rear side markers
    CD5 side skirts
    OEM mudflaps
    G Square replica grille
    GTS Bug guard
    94-95 Poly Mugen front lip
    Legend coupe from lip uninstalled
    CD5 Rear lip
    OEM rear wing spoiler
    Red clear tail lights
    Amber corner lights
    Ebay visors
    OEM moonroof visor
    Full repaint Honda Tafetta white
    New Quarter patch panels welded in

Interior:
    20% tint front, 5% tint back
    Legend shift knob
    Dc2 amber clock
    SE black leather door panel inserts
    New shift boot and console
    SE black leather seats
    SE black ebrake handle
    Fugen pedals
    Full LED lighting converison
    92-93 optional armrest
    Leather wrapped Steering wheel with honda emblem
    Dark burl wood dash kit
    Full OEM mats
    SE black trunk carpet
    Full kenwood system

Engine:
    Ebay intake wth k&N Filter
    OBX 4 2 1 Stainless steel header
    Test pipe
    Yonaka 2.5" Stainless catback

Wheels,tires,suspension:
    16x7 Katana Regamaster reps
    205/50 16 hankook ventus
    Yonaka street full coilovers
    SPC adjustable camber kits
    Moog greasable tie rod ends

Lots more instore for this car, so check back often!
    Last edited by Theos92VR4; 08-09-2015, 03:36 PM.

Lots of cancer there...
    But for $357, who's complaining! Good pick up!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Looks good for $357. I remember your old coupe.
      1990 Accord EX

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
        Lots of cancer there...
        But for $357, who's complaining! Good pick up!
        yeah the rust really sucks. I plan on welding in new quarters in the spring, and giving it a full repaint, most likely the later honda white (taffeta)

Originally posted by Clean_4th gen View Post
        Looks good for $357. I remember your old coupe.
        thanks man! my last one was a 4dr, havent had a coupe yet!

Comment

Picked up a few parts for the build next spring!
          q45 flushmount
          oem moonroof (my glass is cracked)
          mint left front fender
          Left rear tail light garnish
          rear seatbelt (original doesnt retract)
          red honda emblems
          cd5 bumper lights
          bmw sidemarkers
          new oem brake lines
          del sol ebrake boot
          2010 civic si muffler and resonator

Comment

Nice liking the pick ups! Pics of stuff installed please
            " Insert funny quote here "

Comment

Ive been throwing some parts on it the past week. I installed all 4 oem mudflaps, new pass side wheel well, that large dash trim piece, put a new radio in. Most of the body work Im holding off until spring for when i paint it. Also last weekend picked up wagon rear storage, and a legend lip that will go on for winter

gsquare replica grille is on

and I threw 4 new snow tires on it for winter!
              Last edited by Theos92VR4; 11-14-2014, 06:46 PM.

Comment

scored pretty good today!

I grabbed a full set of SE door panels
                Black SE trunk carpet
                Black SE speaker covers (grilles need a redye)
                Both rear wheel well trim strips
                Headlight washers
                3 oem black door handles in perfect shape

All of the above stuff I will be keeping for my build! also grabbed a bunch more SE oem black stuff for resale, and various other parts to sell. Overall it was a pretty damn good day!

Also picked up this week, a set of pedals, OEM HOA emblems, and some nice oem 92-93 fogs, all purchased on ebay!
                Last edited by Theos92VR4; 11-22-2014, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Did you grab the seats also? If only I could find black leather seats for my wagon. Good luck with your build.

Comment

Originally posted by ol blue View Post
                    Did you grab the seats also? If only I could find black leather seats for my wagon. Good luck with your build.
                    I wish! i have been looking forever! It was weird, before the guy dropped the car off at the yard, he swapped out the leathers for tan cloth i was pretty bummed but still happy i got some of the interior stuff!

Comment

That's because they're usually so torn and tattered that they're not useful in the first place. They're usually good just for all the little plastic bits, assuming you're willing to have new leather covers made. Or, you can get seats from a newer car and modify the rails to fit. I have '03-'07 Accord coupe seats that are heated black leather. For sedan/wagon owners the sedan of the same generation is an option as well. For the rears you're pretty much stuck if you have a coupe or wagon.
                      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                        That's because they're usually so torn and tattered that they're not useful in the first place. They're usually good just for all the little plastic bits, assuming you're willing to have new leather covers made. Or, you can get seats from a newer car and modify the rails to fit. I have '03-'07 Accord coupe seats that are heated black leather. For sedan/wagon owners the sedan of the same generation is an option as well. For the rears you're pretty much stuck if you have a coupe or wagon.
                        I probably am going to wind up just getting my seats recovered. Unless I can find a vigor or legend with nice black seats, then ill swap them over. but the chances of that are very unlikely as well lol

Comment

had some free time today so I decided to work on the accord. Swapped over the leather inserts from the se panels to my panels. Kept the stock burgundy arm rests for some nice contrast. It came out awesome. I really love the black and dark red combination. I think with the burgundy interior you either love it or hate it lol.

Comment

So i traded my OEM car cover for a full set of se leather seats. They arent in the best shape, but my friend does upholstery so he is going to fix the split seems when he is off work.

I also installed a new center console (mine was badly broken) New shift boot, legend 5 speed knob, SE black ebrake handle with a del sol ebrake boot

Comment

I guess im pretty much updating this thread as a record for myself lol.

had a pretty good run at the junkyard
                              neuspeed races for $27. Gave them a respray since they were kinda nasty lookin. this was a pretty good score since im doing all new suspension in a few months. Could care less that they are used, springs dont go bad lol.

threw some paint on them

Got a legend COUPE lip. out of all my years junkyarding i have yet to find one. Paid $7

Got tired of my car looking like ass

new fender and hood. Now i have a cappuccino brown/seattle silver/rosewood brown accord. whatever, she will be white in the spring

wheels i got for christmas.

fugen pedals i got off of ebay. suprisingly well made. $20 shipped to my door from CHINAAAAAAAAA

And finally, this will all be getting done next weekend, since my brakes are beyond f'd

New rotors and pads, A&M autoparts new hubs and wheel bearings, honda axle seal,new reman calipers

Comment

Working...
                              X