No announcement yet.

1992 Accord EX No Crank No Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about that! I wouldn't part it out just because of that. Do more checking (get a look inside the cylinders if possible). Get another cam, replace any bent valves, an away you go! Not really any worst than my current rescue project - cracked head. Had another head with bent valves, used valves from cracked head to rebuild one with bent valves.
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 07-27-2018, 06:20 PM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Dang I’ve not seen that on a CB either. Pop a cam in there and do a compression test. Did the cam break inside the journal?

Comment

In the words of Adam Savage, Well there's your problem. The question is, will a new Cam do or should I deal with doing the whole head. This damage looks bad. The camshaft is obviously done for. It will forever sit under my seat as a weapon. Anyways, the head. Can this be repaired? Can I just clean it up and throw a new Cam and see what happens?
        Does anyone else have a monthly budget of 10mm sockets or is it just me?

Comment

Whole head. That’s why I asked if it broke in the journal.

Comment

That's what I thought. My next concern is metal shavings from the head or cam. Should I be worried about the possibility of those getting into the oil?

Comment

Yes that is a concern. Drain the oil and drop the pan. Check the pick up tube for debris and maybe pop off a rod cap and main journal to check the crank and bearing condition.

Blow out the passages and you might be good to go with a new head, dude. Car still has potential man.

Comment

That's what I'm hoping. I'm the second or third owner of this car and it has always been serviced at Honda. Once other concern I have is burn marks on the cam were it broke. There was pleanty of oil in the head when I got it but in worried that an oil issue caused the cam to break.

Comment

Working...
                X