No announcement yet.

prNonVtec4u : 1993 Accord 10th Anniversary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i can only take off so "hard" w/ stock converter... i higher stall converter would REALLY set things off

plus i have to keep the shiftin early cause i'm still on the stock pt6 and it'll bounce off rev limiter at 6kish i'm SURE if i were to take it a bit further so next gear will b up closer to it's power band it would also help

i was power braking it to about 2.2kish since that's what the stock converter will lock up completely

THEN: 1993 Accord 10th Ann. Ed.---------------------- NOW: 1996 Accord EX
    My Ride thread
    Flickr
    Originally posted by d112crzy
    And it can only get better. That's the best part.
    All I gotta really say is:
    People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

Originally posted by prNonVtec4u
      i can only take off so "hard" w/ stock converter... i higher stall converter would REALLY set things off

plus i have to keep the shiftin early cause i'm still on the stock pt6 and it'll bounce off rev limiter at 6kish i'm SURE if i were to take it a bit further so next gear will b up closer to it's power band it would also help

i was power braking it to about 2.2kish since that's what the stock converter will lock up completely
      yeah that seemed to get me a better 60ft but my car bogged a bit so it pretty much came out to the same 1/4 time. Also you can take 5 seconds if you want to launch, you can rev a bit higher and drop it in gear. I know that's not great for the car, but hey if it's just for the track a few times wouldn't kill anything! Try about 4k and put it in drive a split second before the the last light see what happens! HArd because you have to wait and get on the gas a bit at just the time it engages so it won't spin or stop spinning.. but if you do it right it works!
      My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

If that's due to auto, then there goes the theories that auto's are better for drag racing. The launch is one of the most important parts of the 1320. If you don't nail it, the rest of the run will be worthless, unless you're aiming for top speed.

Get that 60 under 2.4 and expect mid 14's without a doubt.

Kind of disappointing tho. With a MANUAL h22 trans, you would probably got the same times(without nitrous) I wonder how your car would have held up against my old setup. (without nitrous)
        yeah sucks but if he likes getting kills from a roll, it's actually not too terrible. That and a lot of 'rice racers' if you will don't launch their sticks very well on the street as we've seen all the kills on the net that shouldn't have happened. I know I beat a gt because the guy couldn't drive for anything and I've got a 16.9 sec car
        My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds
          yeah that seemed to get me a better 60ft but my car bogged a bit so it pretty much came out to the same 1/4 time. Also you can take 5 seconds if you want to launch, you can rev a bit higher and drop it in gear. I know that's not great for the car, but hey if it's just for the track a few times wouldn't kill anything! Try about 4k and put it in drive a split second before the the last light see what happens! HArd because you have to wait and get on the gas a bit at just the time it engages so it won't spin or stop spinning.. but if you do it right it works!
          i'm REALLY not taking any chances on neutral dropping it... please remember this is my daily driver here

i'd much rather invest on a 3200-3400 stall converter and i KNOW that'll shave off a shit load of that 60' AND 1/4 not to mention the damn pt6 i'm still running

My Ride thread
          Flickr
          People of cb7tuner, this AUTO is NOT a joke. It has impressed ME, the hater of auto's.

Comment

If that's due to auto, then there goes the theories that auto's are better for drag racing. The launch is one of the most important parts of the 1320. If you don't nail it, the rest of the run will be worthless, unless you're aiming for top speed.

Get that 60 under 2.4 and expect mid 14's without a doubt.

Kind of disappointing tho. With a MANUAL h22 trans, you would probably got the same times(without nitrous) I wonder how your car would have held up against my old setup. (without nitrous)
            like mentioned previously, w/ a 3200-3400 stall converter, it would kill a manual

stock converter is getting me NOWHERE on take off/60' times

My Ride thread
            Flickr

Comment

its nice to pass the balck housing gift to others

the came out nice on ur first attempt
              switch to freaking manual broooooooo
              Originally posted by deevergote
              Just do what PR CB7 said.

"I'm Going For Wood" (Clickey Clickey)

Comment

sorry papa, pero las tuyas c vieron brutales and i couldn't let that slide, had to try it thnx for da compliment

i don't want a manual... it's better to let someone know the car you beat 'em with was a "stock" 4dr auto i usually race from a roll

My Ride thread
                Flickr

Comment

still durty but w/ a freshly painted grill

My Ride thread
                  Flickr

Comment

Sweet

Get the bumper on right man!
                    wat?

Comment

this should be your new sig..

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by C91BLX7
                        Sweet

Get the bumper on right man!
                        it is on right... it's just that a couple years ago i had a tire blow out on me while i was driving and it bulged out the whole fender

i gotta replace that but $ is tight... plus i don't wanna deal w/ paint

My Ride thread
                        Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by CB7_ACCORD
                          this should be your new sig..
                          if it was clean then yea... but car's way too dirty

My Ride thread
                          Flickr

Comment

if it was clean then yea... but car's way too dirty

dirty?

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

hell yea, ridiculously dirty... take a good look at it, i haven't washed her for about over a WEEK ... disappointing

My Ride thread
                              Flickr

Comment

i don't see it..all i see is shiny..
                                -you call that dirty?

Comment

Working...
                                X