What Master Cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Master Cylinder

i did some searching. and i couldnt find the exact answer i was looking for... i have a 92 ex.. my abs is deleted... what master cylinder do i use... the abs one or the non abs one?... i couldnt find a straight answer.

Non abs I'm assuming...you don't have it so why would you use the one that has it?
    1991 Cappuccino Brown LX Coupe
    2013 Rallye Red Civic EX Coupe

Comment

I've got a prelude VTEC master cylinder from a 94 VTEC in there. It uses a larger 1" bore vs. 15/16" for better pressure.

I too did an ABS delete on my car since the modulator was leaking. So I used LX/DX front hardlines going to each of the front wheels. Thing is, those hardlines both use the same smaller fitting where the EX/VTEC MC uses a larger one in back. So you'll have to cut/reflare the rear one for a larger size to fit into the VTEC MC.

Pretty easy, it was my first time and I did it fine. Just rent Autozone's reflaring tool and buy a brake line cutter for 6 bucks and buy the correct M12 fittings for the brake line in back (4 bucks for a package)

Also don't forget to add a 40/40 Integra Proportioning valve in place of the ABS stuff since you've got rear discs
      Last edited by Losiracer2; 07-08-2012, 05:59 PM.

member's ride thread
      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
      91 Accord SE 176k
      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Depends HOW it was deleted. We don't know what's in your car, it might be a complete ABS setup with the computer unplugged, or a complete replacement with the non-ABS parts.

Also, a larger master cylinder bore decreases pressure/increases volume.

Comment

Originally posted by kinguin7 View Post
          Depends HOW it was deleted. We don't know what's in your car, it might be a complete ABS setup with the computer unplugged, or a complete replacement with the non-ABS parts.

Also, a larger master cylinder bore decreases pressure/increases volume.
          yeah whoops thats what I meant, I upgraded to bigger 2 Piston Legend GS front brakes so I needed something with more fluid displacement for those larger pistons

member's ride thread
          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

here is whats in my car... completely gutted ABS no modulator.. no computer.. no wiring for it at all.. i de-pinned it from the main harness.. i have some ghetto rigged. front brake lines. thanks to previous owner.. right now.. i have the abs MC... its leaking bad .. so i know it needs replaced...... so i should buy the MC from a 94 prelude Vtec?.. and said parts.....and besides a junkyard. cause i dont know where they are around here..... where do i buy an integra 40/40 proportioning valve?

Thank you for your help

Comment

Originally posted by Tdub90 View Post
              here is whats in my car... completely gutted ABS no modulator.. no computer.. no wiring for it at all.. i de-pinned it from the main harness.. i have some ghetto rigged. front brake lines. thanks to previous owner.. right now.. i have the abs MC... its leaking bad .. so i know it needs replaced...... so i should buy the MC from a 94 prelude Vtec?.. and said parts.....and besides a junkyard. cause i dont know where they are around here..... where do i buy an integra 40/40 proportioning valve?

Thank you for your help
              I just got a remanned MC from Autozone for 39 bucks. It's a Nissin Reman so it started out its life with good quality parts. It's got a lifetime on it too so if it fails in 50-60k, thats fine, I'll put another in, its not that difficult to do.

the 4040 valve I got from my pick N pull. 5 bucks I think is what it cost me. At Acura dealers they're about 130 new. But scope out any early 90s-late 90s integra with rear disc w/o ABS and you'll find what you need. Shouldn't be that hard to find. I've already found a couple that I've bought and sold within the last couple months.

member's ride thread
              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Use the internet to find some U-pulls, by far the cheapest method of getting things.

I don't know about the prelude MC specifically, but I would stick with ABS parts.

Comment

Originally posted by kinguin7 View Post
                  Use the internet to find some U-pulls, by far the cheapest method of getting things.

I don't know about the prelude MC specifically, but I would stick with ABS parts.
                  The Prelude VTEC came with ABS standard. It'll work just fine.

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

ok thanks guys.. and right now i cant get a 40/ 40 proportioning valve.. i dont have a way to get it.. so im only running on my front brakes.. cause one of my rear lines blew.. have to buy a new one

Comment

I just deleted mine.
                      I had problems using the non abs mc.
                      You should re-flare the line in order to reuse the abs mc.
                      Thats what i had to do and it works great now.
                      STUFF FOR SALE!!!
                      1992 Accord Lx.
                      1992 Accord Ex.(SOLD)

Comment

i just got back from pepboys.. i bought.. the 94 prelude vtec MC.. i bought a new rear brake line... and i bought the bouble flare tool and tube cutter.... i asked about the M12 fittings and they dont know what im talking about.... does anyone have a part number or know another name for it?.... and again thanks guys

Comment

if you want you can run a integra master which is 1" but you gotta use the integra booster. other than that you can do what others posted on here

Comment

i just got back from pepboys.. i bought.. the 94 prelude vtec MC.. i bought a new rear brake line... and i bought the bouble flare tool and tube cutter.... i asked about the M12 fittings and they dont know what im talking about.... does anyone have a part number or know another name for it?.... and again thanks guys
                            your best bet is to find a prelude master in the junkyard and cut it and use it. Autoparts stores wont have it since its not a normal thread compared to 10mm

Comment

Autozone had the brake line fittings in a small pack of 4

member's ride thread
                              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                              X