khal.lawson : 1992 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

khal.lawson : 1992 Accord EX

I've been out of the loop for a while, but I'm really glad to be back in another CB7 and becoming an active participant in the CB7tuner community again.

In 2009 I ended up totaling my old sedan. Those were days where I was pretty immature quite honestly. I didn't do regular maintenance as I should have, I struggled with homelessness, trying to maintain grades in order to graduate, losing my track scholarship, losing a ton of friends, etc... I had a lot of fundamental lessons to learn, in short. Most importantly some work-ethic.

So, here we are nowadays. Two S14 240sx's, one degree, and a new home later I found myself biting the bullet on another CB7, here she is:

Information
    Engine/Transmission
    - F22A1 with 55k - Rebuilt 4 years ago
    - MSD Ignition Blaster Coil
    - DC Headers
    - 5-Speed

Exterior
    - OEM Arcadia Green (Resprayed)

Interior
    - Momo corso steering wheel
    - Momo woodgrain shiftknob
    - Re-upholstered leather seats

Suspension
    - KYB GR2 Shocks + Adjustable lowering springs
    - SPC adjustable ball joints
    - Front: '95 Odyssey knuckles, hubs, rotors, brake calipers
    - Rear: 2001 BB6 hubs, 2001 Integra Type-R rotors

Wheels
    - 2007-2008 Acura TL Wheels (17x8 +45 offset)

Audio
    - Alpine Headunit

Future Plans
    In General
    - Study CB7 service manual & owner's manual
    - Cleanliness in general, much more cleanliness.

Engine (Bay)
    - Clean up wiring
    - New fuel filter
    - Replace battery
    - New battery tray or move battery to the trunk
    - Polish or respray strut bar
    - NGK Wires
    - Polish and clean as much as possible
    - Examine rack & pinion
    - Replace power-steering components
    - Replace headers, front pipe, flex pipe, catalytic converter, and back.

Electrical
    - Restoring cruise control
    - LED interior lighting

Exterior
    - Secure amber signals and turn signals for options
    - Restore turn signal lamps
    - Remove overspray and polish side molding

Interior
    - Find alternate use for dash clock (won't hold correct time)
    - Refurbish shift knob
    - Refurbish steering wheel
    - Amber or pure white 74 bulbs for cluster (not sure about LED's just yet yet)
    - New shift boot
    - Soundproofing in the trunk area

... This is what I have for now, I'll be filling in with more information and pictures. Thanks for taking a look!
    Last edited by khal.lawson; 04-07-2015, 09:56 PM. Reason: Update

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."
    - James Baldwin, "A Letter to My Nephew," The Fire Next Time.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

- Accord of the Month: March 2015 -

Looks like a nice restart..
    My 90 coupe Mr thread....
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Welcome back! Clean Coupe...looks like a nice starting base.

Keep Up The Good Work

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Bite the bullet? I'd eat the damn clip for a chassis that dent-less.

Comment

Another Atl person!! Welcome back!

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Those wheels are absolutely perfect on that car. If I still had my green coupe I was going to get those.
            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Love it. Beautiful car. Good to hear about how well you're doing after everything you've been through.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

I love the TL wheels as well. I've got cruise control parts (actuator and cable at least) if you need them.
                90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
                08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
                  Looks like a nice restart..
                  Agreed good sir, agreed.

Originally posted by DanCan View Post
                  Welcome back! Clean Coupe...looks like a nice starting base.

Keep Up The Good Work
                  Thanks man, the work is just beginning, as soon as I make the time this weekend and next week.

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                  Bite the bullet? I'd eat the damn clip for a chassis that dent-less.
                  Yeah, I put my 240 up for sale as soon as I saw the posting. Had to have it, had to.

Originally posted by sonikaccord View Post
                  Another Atl person!! Welcome back!
                  Much love! Hope to see you around.

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                  Those wheels are absolutely perfect on that car. If I still had my green coupe I was going to get those.
                  Agreed. I'm leaving them on for a while, I'm sourcing the one missing center cap now.

Originally posted by Chrisnick View Post
                  Love it. Beautiful car. Good to hear about how well you're doing after everything you've been through.
                  Thanks man!

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                  I love the TL wheels as well. I've got cruise control parts (actuator and cable at least) if you need them.
                  Yeah? I haven't posted up any engine bay pics as of yet, but believe it or not everything is still there. I have a hunch that because the SRS stuff isn't present that may be all that I need. I'm pulling it from a JY this weekend and I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

Again, more info and pics coming soon!

"You come from a long line of great poets, some of the greatest poets since Homer. One of them said, "The very time I thought I was lost, my dungeon shook and my chains fell off."

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

Update

So, I've spent the past couple teaching myself how to drive a 5-speed. This is my first manual vehicle, ever, so I thought it would be a good time to learn.

I'm pretty comfortable in any situation driving now, as I kind of had to be because I live at the bottom of a huge hill, haha.

I managed to pull it into the garage (and back out the next day with no issues) and got to work examining a few things and putting together a plan of action.

Now, my garage is pretty terrible at the moment, and it's justified a bit because I've basically had to completely remodel this house as I soon as I moved in from the ground up, so much of the storage space has been in the garage. Now there's a clean CB in there to push the progress for making the garage a sound workspace.

More information on the HID's and how they're set up in future posts. Right now they work great, so I'm not pressed too much to start pulling things apart until it's time to clean up the bay.

The first aesthetic fix I made was respraying the windshield wipers (while replacing the blades). It may seem like a very minuscule change but trust, it really is the simple things that make a look come together. Plus, it took 15 minutes. Unscrew, sand, primer, respray, put back on.

I don't have any "after" pictures at the moment, but I'll upload a few in a couple of days.

Next up was examining the cluster fck that is the engine bay. Man, oh man:

The paint on the VC was poorly painted, so much so that it peeled off with little effort. I pulled off the VC and resprayed it wrinkle black. Pics later, of course.

Pretty much everything is there, nothing too big to worry about. The goal will be to clean up the wiring a bit, a light tuck.

I also took the time to change the oil, oil filter, and spark plugs.

I haven't shown much of the interior, but I found myself a bit iffy on the steering wheel:

Here's what it looks like, which I'm not much of a fan of to be honest. I'd like a full wood-grain wheel at some point, but in order to make it look a bit more favorable, imo, I took off the grey piece on the front and cleaned it up a bit:

Any tips on how to further restore brushed aluminum? I took a wire brush to it and it made a small difference.

So for later,

Interior pics and cleanup, after pics of windshield wipers, and HID information. Thanks for looking, any feedback or suggestions are appreciated!

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

Looks good so far man. Let me know if you need help with stuff. Where in Atlanta are you?

Comment

Looks good so far man. Let me know if you need help with stuff. Where in Atlanta are you?
                        For sure man, will do. I stay right next to Gresham Park in East Atlanta. I'll shoot you a pm.

UNI - Facebook - MRT

Comment

I don't have a phone atm, Verizon screwed me for like 1700 bucks. Talk to me in ATLiens or accept PM's and we can figure something out.

Comment

Your coupe looks so clean I like the progess!

Comment

I don't have a phone atm, Verizon screwed me for like 1700 bucks. Talk to me in ATLiens or accept PM's and we can figure something out.
                              Bullshit! I wouldn't pay that.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Working...
                              X