Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to best achieve my power goals? MS3X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to best achieve my power goals? MS3X

I've got a 93 LX, ive been leak chasing on it for a month until the water and oil pump both started leaking on the same day. At that point I decided it's time to rebuild the whole engine with new seals. Since the motor is already out, I'd like to build it up, boost it. I don't need to be told its going to be expensive, I'm very aware. My truck is a much more long term project (2jz swap) so I have a megasquirt 3 ecu I can use for the accord. That being said, what internals/turbo should I be looking for to handle 350hp ish..?

Never messed with a Honda before, picked it up for cheap because why not.
    I will be posting youtube updates of the build, first one will go up after some more parts come in.
    Last edited by TwonyWon; 04-06-2017, 08:38 PM.

Mega squirt is awesome, but you'd be better off picking up Hondata. PnP is much nicer.
    '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

You can find some forged internals at raceeng.com. If you want the easy route, treadstone makes a quality turbo kit for a fair price. Then you'll just need a clutch, upgraded fuel pump, injectors, and a tune. I do agree that hondata is the more convenient option.

You should be able to hit about 400whp if all is done properly. Beyond that, the open deck block becomes a weak point.

Comment

Would I be able to use the factory wiring harness with the hondata? And whats the stock crank good for?

Many thanks!

Comment

Yes Hondata is OBD1, so it will work with your wire harness. that being said, you will need to purchase a hondata compatible OBD1 ECU. Hondata.com has a list of compatible OBD1 ECU's. For boost I would look toward a P28(equivalent) chipped ECU with boost features added.

The stock F22 crank is good for well over 4-500 WHP. it's the pistons that are the weak point in this block.
          MR Thread
          GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

$650 will get you an OEM ECU that has been retrofitted with the Hondata S300 v3 board. This is what I went with initially, and would be your best bet. It's such an intuitive bit of software. Upgrades to the engine are easily handled with drop-down options and data-logging is easily stored for review later on.
            My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Should I be looking for stiffer valve springs? I'll be replacing them with stock ones if not, and the valves as well.
              Is the cam from the A6 head worth a trip to upap? Not quite sure how its different.

Im already used to working with tunerstudio and megasquirt, and I already have one... Even has the MS3X expansion

Comment

If you are sticking with the stock camshaft, then new OEM valve springs, retainers and locks will be more than enough.

Love the MegaSquirt EMS! I have run it on two of my past vehicles and never had any issues with it. Wiring is really the only PITA. I am currently working on a 96 Accord that will be running the MS3X to control an ITB setup with dual stage fuel injection and COP ignition.
                MR Thread
                GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

The head should be fine as-is for your power goals. An a6 cam and new springs wouldn't hurt, but probably aren't necessary.

Comment

Ordered some carrillo rods/pistons. Little more pricy than I hoped but what can ya do.
                    Been looking for a manifold but only coming across a cast one and a uber cheap one that will probably crack in days. Any particular suggestions?

Comment

Noticed you're in Colorado

If you're up north, there's PFI Speed in Johnstown and Colorado Race Fab in Greeley that both specialize in Hondas. Maybe see how much they'd charge to make a custom manifold?

Last time I went to PFI, there were a couple NSXs sitting around, some big-turbo Civics, and they were running an H22 Prelude on the dyno. It was heaven. They build all makes and engines, though, including plenty of 2Js. Brent's a cool guy, too; very competent. Just don't go in through the front door expecting them to notice you by the desk they never seem to be at, haha. Go around back to the open bays.

Also, check out this build. Denver member that went to PFI for his turbo F22A. 600+hp on stock crank... hell, I think he was still on a stock head gasket at that point; I might be wrong, but I remember him saying that that gasket can handle up to somewhere around 700. He had his manifold built by Divulge Motorsports in Englewood.
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=87819
                      Last edited by CyborgGT; 04-09-2017, 04:13 AM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I'd say do it. MS3 has alot of great features, I'm itching to get my hands on one. Wonder how well the traction control feature will work with FWD.
                        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Working...
                        X