Fuck yea.

Ultimate Sleeper Nova

Watch it at 8:24
    Henry R
    Koni/Neuspeed
    1992 Accord LX R.I.P
    1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
    Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
    made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

I need one of those.
    The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

That is Fantastic!!!

Love it!

Comment

1200hp not that impressive.
        so it burns tires off the line. big deal. a lot of cars can do that.
        plus i wouldn't even call it a sleeper. it is a muscle car with big rubber that looks modded
        a stock-looking CD5 with 700+hp is much more of a sleeper (you guys know what car I am talking about)
        Last edited by rexload; 05-13-2012, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rexload View Post
          plus i wouldn't even call it a sleeper. it is a muscle car with big rubber that looks modded
          a stock-looking CD5 with 700+hp is much more of a sleeper (you guys know what car I am talking about)
          Never. That Nova IS the definition of sleeper. If you pulled up next to it, your first though would not be a 1200hp 9 second car. A 700+ hp CD5 probably isn't DD worthy.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Yeah, where's he been, anyway? I kinda miss that douchebag.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              Yeah, where's he been, anyway? I kinda miss that douchebag.
              Probably killed all his brain cells sniffing race gas!
              MR Thread
              GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

smells like cherries...

Comment

that car doesn't even look modded you would never even know it was a 9 sec car.

STANCE|WORKS

Comment

Aside from the super-wide rear tires, I'd say it's a sleeper. It's just that most of us don't see a Nova as a boring grandma car... we're mostly of an age that grew up seeing them as muscle cars.
                    Faded original paint, a dent, no apparent restoration or obvious external performance components aside from the huge wheels...
                    With that much power, the super wide wheels are necessary just to keep the tires from losing traction with the smallest throttle input!

Comment

the perfect sleeper and i mean perfect here would probably be something like this.

92-95 civic hatchback
                      coilovers set to stock ride height
                      0 external modifications

built k24 (these things make power in the 300-350WHP neighborhood)
                      3 inch exhaust with electric dump before stock axelback

theres alot more to that list but thats just a basic outline.

Comment

Why coilovers at stock height?
                        Stiffer custom springs at stock height, with shocks that can be adjusted would be better, I'd think. or even a mild drop. 1" is barely noticeable when looking, but it can have a decent effect on handling characteristics.

Comment

WTF is this guy smoking?

700 hp CD5? That guys car is a CB7 isn't it? Running on e85. I'm suprised he hasn't blown it up yet honestly. I saw one of his dyno graphs with a couple bad spikes in it before he added nitrous in the mix.

The only thing that "looks" modded is the tubbed rear end, where theres a super wide tire back there that your really not going to notice anyways. Unless you were expecting to find a old car out driving around with evil mods done to it like that.

The engine bay is crazy busy in there, its got FUEL CELLS, not a gas tank- but its not much of a sleeper. RIGHT.

The only thing Id do differently with that car is twin turbo, so its a little more quiet, but turbos are a lot more intensive to tune.

Comment

Are you kidding me? Ford LTD.

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by MortsAccord View Post
                              WTF is this guy smoking?

700 hp CD5? That guys car is a CB7 isn't it? Running on e85. I'm suprised he hasn't blown it up yet honestly. I saw one of his dyno graphs with a couple bad spikes in it before he added nitrous in the mix.

The only thing that "looks" modded is the tubbed rear end, where theres a super wide tire back there that your really not going to notice anyways. Unless you were expecting to find a old car out driving around with evil mods done to it like that.

The engine bay is crazy busy in there, its got FUEL CELLS, not a gas tank- but its not much of a sleeper. RIGHT.

The only thing Id do differently with that car is twin turbo, so its a little more quiet, but turbos are a lot more intensive to tune.
                              The one he's referring to is owned by SuperGenius (I forget if that's his name here or on CD5tuner...). He's making 600-700whp with a CD that looks practically stock.

Comment

Working...
                              X