The story of your cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess I could add to this thread.

So it's my senior year, and I really wanted a car. Not just any car though, my mother had bought a 1991 honda accord coupe brand new, in 91. So I grew up with a CB in the family. Around 2006 the car finally took a dump and died. I had always had a special place for that car so I knew, when I was getting my car. I'd most likely be getting one almost if not identical to the one I grew up with.

I searched high and low for 1990/91 Honda accord coupes, in midnight blue (Madison blue pearl) with ivory interior. To no avail did I ever find a coupe. Most were beat up sedans and the occasional wagon. So I tried to find 9091 coupes with ivory interior and sunroofs. I found one, in July of 2012 right before senior year started all for $850 but moms made me pass it up after she offered me her car.

Still all throughout my senior year I was searching high and low for EX CB coupes with ivory interior. Finally I lucked out when I graduated and found a 1993 LX coupe for the low low AND it had ivory interior, but it was Arcadia green. No probs though, it was about as close to what I wanted anyway. It had a 9091 front end. It had a knocking engine, but when I test drove it, it purred as smooth as a kitten, and shifted fine. The oil light flashed and I thought the guy was an idiot for selling it so cheap becuase it didn't have oil in the crankcase.

So I buy it, check the oil levels after I put in 2qts and I think I'm good to go. I get 15 minutes down the road and all I hear is metal on metal and a loud pop afterwards. Well there goes cylinder #1.

Fast foward a couple months, I've sourced another F22a1 for $250 and get it installed for $300. I leave for school but we couldn't get it to crank. Turns out a few ecu harnesses weren't connected. Then the fuel injector o rings were shot, replaced those, then the dizzy went bad, replaced that....with another bad dizzy, then the trans started shifting hella hard. Then I realized how much money I spent on the car and on repairs and then seat time I had with it. I decided to part ways with it sadly, I picked up a sweet 5 speed CD5 coupe a week after I sold my CB.

I'll always love my first CB, I'll eventually get back into one.

Comment

My CB7 came my way from a guy who was going to give it to his stepdaughter. She wanted more of a newer civic than an older accord, so he was getting ready to drag it to the scrapyard. I paid him the scrap value of the car and rescued it. Spent a few months rebuilding it, and made it my daily driver for a few years until I was able to afford something a little newer. Kept the old girl around, still have her to this day. I'll never give her up! The dude and I are no longer friends, but I keep the car.

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Ha! How do you revive a thread that's so old it died twice?!?!? lol

Anyways, hello to all the OG's! I've had 2 more accords since the first one and still own the last one. I know these cars very well so it's hard not to keep one as a second car.
        Knowledge is power...in EVERY sense of the word

FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" #12

Comment

I bought my first Cb7 in 2004 from an auction and I fell in love with it. It was a 1990 accord lX with 92000 miles. I customized it as a show car and as fate would have it military orders overseas forced me to sell it. 7 months ago, I saw an add on Craigslist could a 92 in good condition. I drove 2 hours only to find out that it had been in a cornfield for a year or longer had a sheep, a dog and a bunch of other critters living in it and it didn't run ( Craigslist add said it did). I didn't have the heart to leave it there so I pulled it out, fought her home and have been working on her ever since. I will always have a Cb7 from here on out..no doubt about it.
          Procrastination is a THIEF of time!!

MY MRT

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=203992

My First CB7

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/705233/1990-honda-accord/

Comment

Bought my 91 SE on Christmas day 2009 for $800. My '87 Grand Am died due to a headgasket failiure on the highway and I limped it home, and then limped it to the wreckers where it promptly seized in the parking lot.

I had a $1000 budget to buy a replacement car. Never owned a Honda in my life. Scouring the classifieds I came across a silver '91 Accord advertised for $800. Called the guy and looked at it. Test drove it and fell in love. Didn't even haggle the price, I loved the car so much I threw my money at him and drove away smiling.

Ended up having the car for about 6 months. Lowered it, put rims on it and did quite a bit of work to it. For some reason I had the urge to sell it, and for answers unknown, I traded it straight across for the worst car I have ever owned. A 1991 VW Jetta. This car looked hot. Trophy GTX Recaros, GTI front end conversion, lowered, Enkei rims. Every time I drove it, something broke or went wrong. It spent so much time being repaired that I bought a 1989 Mazda 323 hatch for $300 to drive as a spare car.

Obviously I had immediately regretted getting rid of the Accord. That was May 2010 that I sold it. From that time on, I always checked Kijiji and Craigslist seeing if it would ever pop up. Then came the fateful day I found it in September 2011 and 6 hours away. The owner was selling it due to mechanical issues he couldn't deal with and desperately needed a car. At the time, I was driving a '91 EX-R (the Granite Metallic one with the JDM 1pc lights). I offered the seller to trade straight across, and he agreed.

I drove almost 6 hours up to Edmonton to get the car. I arrived and the car was absolutely trashed. Driver seat ripped. My 18" wheels were bald, bent and 2 were in the trunk with 14" Prelude wheels on the front. Paint peeling off, front lip missing. Compared to the way I used to keep it, the car looked like junk. I was told it had electrical issues and the battery kept dying and needed the alternator replaced.

I ended up doing the trade with him and began to drive the car 6 hours back home. Not even 30 minutes into my drive the car started losing power and died on the side of the road. Luckily, CB7Tuner members are awesome, and I was able to get ahold of local member Antonio7566 who came to my rescue to get the car up and running again on the side of the road. We discovered the power wire for the alternator was frayed and not connecting, leaving the car running on battery power only. We were able to limp the car back to his house where we got it fixed up and good enough to drive home. Thanks to his efforts to help out a complete stranger, he saved me a huge headache and a lot of money for a tow truck. By the time my car was fixed at his house, it was already midnight and I decided to drive home anyways.

I got about 4 hours into my drive back and was so exhausted that I slept in the car at a truck stop for a few hours. I should mention I left at about 8am to go pick up the car and had been awake now for over 20 hours and driven over 1000km.

I managed to get the car home and immediately started getting it fixed up for round 2 of ownership. I was so happy to have it back and restore it to the way it was, if not better. Unfortunately, after 3 months, I lost my job and was forced to sell the car to make some quick money. I managed to sell it for $2500 to a local guy. A few weeks later he was involved in a minor accident, damaging the front of the car. For $500, I repaired it the best I could. He drove this car from November 2011 til just recently when I discovered it in the junk yard a few weeks ago. When I went back to the wreckers yesterday, the car was crushed and stacked in a pile sandwiched between a Ford Ranger and Dodge Ram.

RIP dear CB7. You went through hell and back. Now you can drive in CB7Heaven.

Comment

Working...
            X