No announcement yet.

ENG: Recharge A/C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn, seems like my compressor doesn't work anymore, need to waste like $80 at least just for that.
    1993 Honda Accord EX-R Coupe Granada Black Pearl
    ///Alpine CDA-9847 Head Unit
    OBX Pedals, stock air box, Ebay headers, Stock dual tipped muffler. Emblems removed, grill chrome painted black.

1993 Kawasaki EX500 Flat Black. First Bike.

Comment

So retrofitting can totally be done DIY? I've read threads all over here strongly advising NOT to do it ourselves, but this thread seems to make me more confident in the idea of DIY retrofit.

THe only part of it I think I might have a shop do is bleeding the old R12 out to make sure it is done thoroughly. Hopefully there's a service shop that is willing to bleed it. Would that be the best way to go you think?

(sidenote: my a/c is gone because thieves disassembled my engine bay including the a/c fittings, ghetto-bleeding most of the r12 already. Compressor still works and all, but I want to make sure ALL the r12 is out before I retrofit. Right?)
      My Ride (Click here)

Comment

I tried to recharge my a/c last weekend but since I have massive holes all through out my line it was useless.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

Black Pearl....

Yes it can be dont fully DIY. A shop will gladly charge you to evacuate the system

In a perfect world 100 percent would be drained, and 134 would replace it.... but we do not live in a perfect world, and to tell ya the truth, mine had most likely 90 percent of the r12 gone, and it blows super cold, even in mid day houston traffic!

King James,

I had a hole in my line as well, it was caused by the shifter linkage rubbing.

Just go to a junk yard, and grab that section of line. it is easier if there is no engine in the car (at the junk yard).

just make sure you dont kink or bend the line at all or it will not fit properly. also you need to get some new o-rings, and make sure everything it tight, but not to tight......

DO NOT pay a shop to replace lines with holes, that is a waste of money that you can save for a turbo or something!

I went to some mexi-junk yard, and they pulled the line (under my supervision) from the donor car, I removed my line and installed it, with filling the a/c back up, took about 1 hour.... cant beat that with a stick!

Comment

mjfan, if you have no r12/r134 your compressor WILL NOT kick on.

Jump the connector that is pictured in the diy, and see if it works. if not, check your fuses, if all else fails, have a a/c shop JUST LOOK at it. then replace it yourself if you have to.

Comment

Originally posted by dean_harryman
              Black Pearl....

Yes it can be dont fully DIY. A shop will gladly charge you to evacuate the system

In a perfect world 100 percent would be drained, and 134 would replace it.... but we do not live in a perfect world, and to tell ya the truth, mine had most likely 90 percent of the r12 gone, and it blows super cold, even in mid day houston traffic!

King James,

I had a hole in my line as well, it was caused by the shifter linkage rubbing.

Just go to a junk yard, and grab that section of line. it is easier if there is no engine in the car (at the junk yard).

just make sure you dont kink or bend the line at all or it will not fit properly. also you need to get some new o-rings, and make sure everything it tight, but not to tight......

DO NOT pay a shop to replace lines with holes, that is a waste of money that you can save for a turbo or something!

I went to some mexi-junk yard, and they pulled the line (under my supervision) from the donor car, I removed my line and installed it, with filling the a/c back up, took about 1 hour.... cant beat that with a stick!

I would do all that except for the fact I am one lazy son of a bitch....I have too many unfinished projects on the go as is (at last count it was 7)....Plus in a month or two I will not be using a/c anyways as its gonna become cold as fuck yet again up here in the great white north.

Maybe its a next summer project lol...plus Im going to chicago this fall so Ill pick up the retro kit while im down there.

I also have no idea where this hole (holes?) exist and that brings me back to the lazy thing of not having the energy/motivation to check.

Burrito Bandidos: It will change your fuckin life

Comment

HAHA I feel ya..... I am from southern Oregon, I know exactly what you mean.....

Another thing, you should be glad you dont have a/c, my gas mileage went down by like 7-8 mpg...... so I am at 22mpg instead of my wintertime 30....

Comment

I recharged my freon like two years ago the day I left for TX and by the the time I got to palms springs I turn it on and still blew hot air... I think I may have a leak in the line or something and I know theres a few ways to check for one and if it was my comressor would any blow at all??? I have a swap now that came with a comprosser but no belt just alternator to crank (no point in using it if ac don't work).. so I kinda wonder that was ever it or leak in the line..

93 Accord H22.. 10th anniv.edition-wrecked R.i.P

99 EM1 Boosted type R- Jacked and never found

Comment

Anyone have a general range of price(s) for collecting the R12 from my system? Am I looking at $10 or $100?

Comment

Originally posted by doylna
                      Anyone have a general range of price(s) for collecting the R12 from my system? Am I looking at $10 or $100?
                      bump?

Comment

would testing the compressor still work if the fans weren't hooked up
                        -----------------------------------------------

''It is what it is, Do what you want''
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=167905

Comment

project for me soon!
                          subbed...

Ride List
                          1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                          2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                          newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

I brought the kit and it came with this. I just want to make sure I don't have to buy the pag oil charge separate right?

Comment

Can any one tell me how many cans of 134a where used ?

Comment

Originally posted by 7beast View Post
                                Can any one tell me how many cans of 134a where used ?
                                Take the recommended capacity and multiply it by .70 and you have your answer. Seems 90-92 take 32oz and 93 takes 30oz, which puts you at 22.4oz for 90-92 and 21oz for 93 model.
                                [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Working...
                                X