Opinion on front lip/skirts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on front lip/skirts

given that my car is gray, what would look better...

a. paint the lip to match the rest of the car

b. throw the lip on and be done with it

c. paint the stock skirts black to match the lip

i want to paint it gray to match my car, but every car i see with it has kept it black... and that looks clean too when its matched with the black skirts. so im kinda in the middle right now.

i would just slap it on and stand back. you'll be surprised how well it'll match with your gray

Comment

I think the black is very cool, but in the end the painted product looks always looks better to me.
      Honda-Tech Username: Lostcb7
      The cb7tuner.com OG.

Comment

painted, I always like painted lips better than ones that don't match the color. They look more like part of the bumper than something you just stuck on there.

Comment

Grey is kind of a hard color to give suggestions on...I don't know that either option would be too dramatic of a difference on such a dark color to anyone other than the owner or a nitpicker...

What kind of lip BTW?

On my frost white sedan I had painted my Mugen style lip white to match the painted moldings and stock sideskirts... but it just didn't look right to me closeup...looked good from far away though...

so I painted the lip and sides black and IMO it looked alot better closeup but not as good from far away... and that's how I left it until I took my lip off... My reasoning was that I'd rather have it look good to me closeup than worry about what other people thought of it from far away...

strangely I got pulled over and hassled by the fuzz less with the black lip and sides coupled with the gunmetal w/ polished lip 17's than I did with the painted lip and unpainted silver 94 alloys...so that reinforced my theory about the closeup/faraway thing...
          Last edited by ZigenBallZ; 07-19-2004, 05:38 PM.
          RIP Lifsatrip7

Comment

i just want a stock lip, those greddy ones are too much for me.

Comment

Working...
            X