Clutch Master Cylinder Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch Master Cylinder Install

I’m having issues with a clutch master cylinder install. Everything is all buttoned up and put in. But when we go to bleed it we’re getting new fluid out of the bleeder on the trans. But literally zero pressure in the pedal itself. Someone help. I’m gonna burn it down.

Did you bleed it?

Comment

Update!

So we tried bleeding it. There’s almost no pressure in the lines. We can get it to bleed and fluid to come out. Tried a trick from deev about using a C clamp to hold the slave cylinder open as you bleed it. But it won’t let the gear fully engage once you press the clutch pedal. The bite point is probably a half inch off the floor. Anybody who can help it would be greatly appreciated! I’m almost so done with this car…

Comment

Ok, so you probably have pressure and bled it properly but you also have to adjust the push rod of the master cylinder. Did you do that?

(da-ja-vu to other threads this week) You must likely have it adjusted too much one way and you're not fully engaging the clutch. (assuming you have it properly bled).

see this thread:
        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=211903

Comment

Working...
        X