Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How to make 30+hp for $500 or less... (DX/LX F22A1 only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cornell25
    sorry you so uptight i was just asking a question but i see you like to be rude and think you are the best. so whatever
    rotflol!!!!!!!!!

Freekin Deev is Rude!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: sorry that was too funny!
    "Self Renewed"

Comment

the p12 is out of the prelude, right?

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

ok keeles. back on topic

Originally posted by jdm92_accorn
        the p12 is out of the prelude, right?
        yes the p12 is out of the prelude. i cant remember what year tho. its somewhere on this thread. i think with in the last few pages. but its the prelude that comes with the f22a1 motor.

Comment

sorry guys for my words last night. so anywaysi see to upgrade to the a6 ecu on the a1. if i do that first how much will that help by itself or should i just buy all the parts togther for the 30 hp

Comment

The A6 ECU by itself won't do much. Without the parts to justify the different fuel map, it might even decrease performance (which is one concern I have about the P12, as it wasn't designed to work with the A6 and H23 parts)

Comment

so the p12 would be good on a stock a1 with i/h/c but when you change the cam and intake mani. the pt6 would better.

MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=95154

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                The A6 ECU by itself won't do much. Without the parts to justify the different fuel map, it might even decrease performance (which is one concern I have about the P12, as it wasn't designed to work with the A6 and H23 parts)
                cool i bought the car from my friend(wifes old car) and the is a p3 ecu in the trunk so i quess i need to look and see which one is in it now

Comment

Hmmm thats great info deev...
                  accordtypeR aka Seve aka The Godfather.

My Old Baby
                  ....................My New Baby
                  SOLD TO
                  ..grumpy93, iceplaya123, slr_theking, tn_accords

Comment

Great info Deev, next time I go to the junkyard Im keeping my eye for this stuff

Instagram: n_buttz

The Jeepster ____ The CB7 ____ The TE38 ____ The S13

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote
                      If you want to make power for little money... hit up a junkyard, or www.car-part.com

Look for:

F22A4 header - $15 (90-91 Accord EX)
                      F22A6 camshaft - $25 (92-93 Accord EX)
                      F22A6 ECU - $25
                      H23A1 intake manifold and throttle body (from a Prelude SI, 92-96 I believe) - $45
                      F22A6 IAB "black box" (to be able to activate the secondary runners, the intake air bypass, in the H23 manifold) - no price listed... probably $10 or so.

The prices are from my local junkyard, which is average for most things.

Your stock F22A1 engine's horsepower rating is at 125. The F22A6 parts alone will bring you to 140. The A4 header should get you to 145 (the ONLY difference between the A1 and A4 is the tubular header on the A4... which is superior to both the A1 and A6, which both have cast manifolds) The H23 intake manifold and plenum should add another 5hp or more... no exact figures are set for that.

If you do the camshaft, which isn't a HUGE part, but it helps, you're going to want to replace all the gaskets and seals you come across... good preventative maintenance anyway! That'll be another few bucks... but not a whole lot.

Get a cheap short ram intake. Have a muffler shop slap a 2.25" system for you.

The stock Honda parts would run about $120. A cheap short ram can be had for $50 or less. Exhaust... depends where you go. I paid $450 for new piping, cat, and muffler. You can probably get away with keeping your stock cat. Find a cheapie muffler on ebay, maybe a used one. Pay for piping and labor only. $200 at most for everything, I'd say.

So... that's under $400, and you can gain a minimum of 30hp... that doesn't include the intake and exhaust gains.

These things have been said over and over again... but I figured I'd make a post stressing just how simple things were!
                      I was told I needed a head for my a6.. can I put an a4 head on it or it has to be an a6? None of the junk yards here have any a6 motors period lol they are all a1's. I did find ONE a4 motor but I was like wtf!!

Originally posted by Juice21
                      thnx pimpette, your car inspired me to go lower
                      Originally posted by GameChewer
                      Shiit i heard that, you heard the queen!

Comment

The A1 and A4 head are exactly the same. And yes, you can put one on there.

What's wrong with your A6 head that you need a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by TypeG
                          the only thing i don't like about it is driving on the highway. 4000rpm's @ 80mph in 5th. later.
                          lol...I know exactly what you mean, I did a 1500km trip doing that with my F20A DOHC tranny, seems to have gears as short as the H23 tranny. good times

great thread Deev, this is a definite must for the SOHC builders.
                          DEVOTE

Comment

ok sorry if this is a little off topic but u guys seem 2 know a lot about the a1 to a6 swap.ok i have the pt6 ecu instaled and i am waiting for new seals and gasket kit 2 install the cam and i/m but to control the eacv wich some call iab i connect the pnk wire with blue stripe into pin # 17 in the longer of the 3 harneses but where does the other 1 go i read something about a swtched source i wonder if they meant a switched source like the red wire for cd player? not 2 sure on this but once i figure it out i will run some tests 2 make sure everything works fine before installing. any help will make my 30hp a reallity for 100$.

Comment

to the black yellow off the distributor, or another 12v source

The H22's AIB circuit that opens the short, high-rpm runners in the intake manifold also gets added by tapping the black/yellow wire from the H22's plug to the same color wire that goes to the distributor in the Accord's harness. This simply supplies power to the AIB solenoid. The pink signal wire goes from the AIB solenoid back to the subharness/ECU at pin A17.

on the stairs, she grabs my arm, says whats up,
                              where you been, is something wrong?
                              i try to just smile, and say everything’s fine.

Comment

Contributing Member

to the black yellow off the distributor, or another 12v source

Quote:
                                The H22's AIB circuit that opens the short, high-rpm runners in the intake manifold also gets added by tapping the black/yellow wire from the H22's plug to the same color wire that goes to the distributor in the Accord's harness. This simply supplies power to the AIB solenoid. The pink signal wire goes from the AIB solenoid back to the subharness/ECU at pin A17.

oh wow geez thx for confirming that with a strong answer i had a feeling that it hooked up like that but wasint 100% sure thx i will run a function test as soon as i get a descent day outside and again thx

Comment

Working...
                                X