CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-05-2014, 10:08 PM   #1
vtecsk8r
Newcomer

vtecsk8r is cool... so far.
93 accord auto,swapping f22b2 auto help

basically a friend of mine blew his f22a1,my neighbor had a 96 accord f22b2 wrecked engine ran great before pulling.bought it thinking I could just drop engine in,just by swapping harness's and drivers mount but noticed vaccum lines and some sensors need extended.ive searched everywhere and there is no posts stating exactly what is needed in order to do this swap without headaches.as for parts I have complete engine and tranny from f22b2 the only thing missing is the exhaust manifold and the front torque mount,the bracket is there but the mount is missing. I have both dizzys.just need a little help knowing what parts to use from which engine to complete this swap thank you..
vtecsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:34 PM   #2
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
I fit were me and I was starting fresh I would have both engines out and sitting side by side. I would pull the wiring harness, fuel rail, EGR valve and distributor from the F22A1 engine and install all of those onto the F22B2.

You will also notice that the F22B2 oil pump has a small connector bolted to it. Either take it off or leave it unplugged as it's useless for what your needs are.

Use the front mount and bracket from the F22A1 engine and it will fit perfectly.

Ignore the MAP sensor on the throttle body as yours is in the black box on the firewall and will work fine once your vacuum lines are hooked back up correctly.

Once the F22A1 Accord harness is installed onto the F22B2 then it will plug into the chassis harness of the CB Accord perfectly. The F22A1's PT3 ECU is close enough to the OBD2 F22B2's ECU that you don't have to bother with swapping ECUs. This is good news for you as the '96 ECU you have is OBD2 and you'd have to source a new one. Then you would have to swap pins A6 and A11. So, if you're keeping the PT3 then disregard anything that gives you that information, not that it sounds like you're doing that much research anyway.
If you see any threads or posts of mine whose picture links are broken (there are a lot), please send me a link to the thread. I will gladly fix them. I don't see it as a fruitless burden. This site has helped give me quite a bit of my drive and passion for cars, and fixing my picture links is the least I can do to give back.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:50 PM   #3
vtecsk8r
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrett View Post
I fit were me and I was starting fresh I would have both engines out and sitting side by side. I would pull the wiring harness, fuel rail, EGR valve and distributor from the F22A1 engine and install all of those onto the F22B2.

You will also notice that the F22B2 oil pump has a small connector bolted to it. Either take it off or leave it unplugged as it's useless for what your needs are.

Use the front mount and bracket from the F22A1 engine and it will fit perfectly.

Ignore the MAP sensor on the throttle body as yours is in the black box on the firewall and will work fine once your vacuum lines are hooked back up correctly.

Once the F22A1 Accord harness is installed onto the F22B2 then it will plug into the chassis harness of the CB Accord perfectly. The F22A1's PT3 ECU is close enough to the OBD2 F22B2's ECU that you don't have to bother with swapping ECUs. This is good news for you as the '96 ECU you have is OBD2 and you'd have to source a new one. Then you would have to swap pins A6 and A11. So, if you're keeping the PT3 then disregard anything that gives you that information, not that it sounds like you're doing that much research anyway.
awesome that helps im going to use the stock ecu from the 93,and that makes sense to swap fuel rails since the fpr is on the opposite side,ive swapped engines in just about every Honda or acura but never did a full swap in an accord only changed a couple clutchs and trannys so this transplant is new to me thank you for all the help.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:54 PM   #4
vtecsk8r
Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecsk8r View Post
awesome that helps im going to use the stock ecu from the 93,and that makes sense to swap fuel rails since the fpr is on the opposite side,ive swapped engines in just about every Honda or acura but never did a full swap in an accord only changed a couple clutchs and trannys so this transplant is new to me thank you for all the help.
forgot to mention is there a pic anywhere showing the vacuum line diagram for rerouting from old mani to new mani since I didn't notice much outlets,figured I would have to put t fittings?
Old 02-05-2014, 11:43 PM   #5
Jarrett
Contributing Member

Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool... Jarrett . You'll never be this cool...
Send a message via AIM to Jarrett
I don't know of a swap diagram but there's really no magic to it. If the vacuum source was originally on the plenum, do that for the F22B2. If it was before that, then replicate that as well.
If you see any threads or posts of mine whose picture links are broken (there are a lot), please send me a link to the thread. I will gladly fix them. I don't see it as a fruitless burden. This site has helped give me quite a bit of my drive and passion for cars, and fixing my picture links is the least I can do to give back.
Jarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:27 PM   #6
vtecsk8r
Newcomer

so i have tried to swap fuel rails they do not line up,the drivers side engine mount will not line up,the thermostat housing is incorrect?any solutions
Old 04-05-2014, 03:38 PM   #7
Speedz
CB7tuner Member

Speedz is cool... so far.
i am just guessing here as i've never really looked at a f22b2. but i'd say just swap your f22a1 intake manifold onto the f22b2 head.. then you wont have any issues with fuel rails.. and sensors and vacuum lines..
Speedz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f22a1 , f22b2

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: