Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has turned out beautiful! Great work!

Comment

Now that trunk looks nice... you should get a spare 9293 wheel and polish it and put that in the rear as a spare. Just for the sake of blingness of your car. A spare polished 9293 wheel. Come on... idk even our wheels will even fit in there anyways.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
        Now that trunk looks nice... you should get a spare 9293 wheel and polish it and put that in the rear as a spare. Just for the sake of blingness of your car. A spare polished 9293 wheel. Come on... idk even our wheels will even fit in there anyways.
        Actually, it is a refinished 90-91 wheel, just face down because that is the only way the factory hold down will work. I suppose I could get some longer threaded rod to lengthen the hold down. A full size wheel will fit, but it is about an inch and a half above the floor. For Ruby, I had cut some pieces of 1 1/2 inch foam insulation to fit around it so the floor was relatively level. The wagon compartment takes away another inch or more because of the thickness of the lid, but you do get the compartments on the sides.
        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 12-07-2012, 08:44 PM.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

The wagons come factory equipped with a full size spare, mounted face down. So that is the correct way to mount it, keeps the face from getting scuffed up that way. Plus extra storage space.
          1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
            The wagons come factory equipped with a full size spare, mounted face down. So that is the correct way to mount it, keeps the face from getting scuffed up that way. Plus extra storage space.
            I know that from my wagon; it is a bit of a hassle to have to take it out to check the tire pressure. I have a full size spare for all my Accords. I could put a pad or rag on the face of the wheel to keep from scuffing it.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Added the pinstripe the other day. Tough to tell in the photo, dual silver stripes. I still have a lot of the roll left; I almost got carried away and put it along the crease in the black rub strip part of the front and rear bumpers, but was afraid it would be too much striping and might not hold up real well to bugs, etc. on the front bumper.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-02-2017, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Gorgeous outcome. I'm still trying to find my pinstripe somewhere online. It's just a standard blue, two-line pinstripe but it has a small Honda emblem within it as it goes over the doors. I've never seen it before and it's becoming a pain to find a replacement.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I've seen that on a few cars. I used 3M tape, the local (Sharonville, Ohio) KOI Paint Store had quite a selection. Have you checked with Honda? Maybe they sell the emblem and you can get the stripe tape elsewhere.

Comment

I've checked a few online Honda dealers but not too many cars come with a blue pinstripe anymore. From what Tippey tells me the pinstripe color used to denote the interior color of the car. There are no blue-interior Hondas anymore and searching gets even more sketch when it comes to a style of pinstripe that so few dealers apparently did. I haven't searched in a few months but maybe I need to.

Anyway, this thread is about your car and the amazing amount of work you've put into it. Not my quest for a pinstripe. I wouldn't want to do anymore to take away from this thread.
                    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Good Grief ...

I thought I did a good job with my wagon .. but this?
                      I'd send this thread to Honda of America so fast ...

Congradulations fleetwood .. you have litterally blown my mind with this project!
                      So far over the top .. this shot below could be from a brochure .. what a sight! Wow!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Not sure why, but I wound up with a rather large gap between the tail light housings and the body. I created a "gasket" out of the rubber lip on the lower rear window trim, attached with 3M double sided tape, so the water from the trough around the trunk runs over the tail lights instead of behind them (and possibly into the trunk as the tail light gasket seal ages). A heat gun really softened the rubber so that it could form to the body when installed.

1/13/2013:
                        Found my water leak (at least part of it) up front. The windshield seal is leaking along the left side, then drips onto the seat belt track, then the floor. Some must also run down inside the A pillar, it winds up on the floor by the fuse box. Looks like I'll get a new windshield after all.

1/28/2013:
                        Well, one thing leads to another. Windshield guy showed up at the house and started cutting, but his knife went further than is was supposed to. Stopped right there, drove it to the body shop where it was painted before completely removing the windshield. It wasn't pretty. Previous windshield replacement apparently wasn't treated properly.

For an additional amount about equal to that of the windshield, the body shop cleaned up the rust, treated it, formed some patch panels and used adhesive to install them. Windshield guy was pleased with their repair - windshield went in no problem. On the bright side, it was out in the rain last night and today - no evidence of leakage.

My complaint to Keystone about the rear bumper cover paid off (sort of). They offered to exchange the aftermarket cover for a "reconditioned" OEM bumper cover. Took a look at it today, I couldn't tell where (if) it had been repaired other than the paint being removed. I will have to foot the bill for painting it. Photos of fit problems with the aftermarket cover:

V Top edge warps inward around support .................../\ Front edge doesn't match wheel well

01/30/2013:
                        Spoke too soon. No leakage at the A pillar that I can see, but the driver footwell was soaked after another day of rain. Still looks like it is coming down in the left front corner (water on the vertical sheet metal behind the panel around the fuse box). Drying it out, then restart troubleshooting.

04/19/2013
                        I finally figured out the leak a while ago, forgot to post. I figured out that the water was coming through a seam at the base of the left lower corner of the windshield. An application of some of my remaining auto body panel adhesive has solved the leak.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197324
                        Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-02-2017, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Wow ruby looks amazing, sorry about the rust issues and the leaking from the windshield.

i know i have not been on in awhile and i am sorry, been real busy finishing up school.

Comment

Better late than never. Photo of "remanufactured" OEM rear bumper cover after being painted to match - fits much better than the aftermarket cover.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 09:42 PM.

Comment

No Good Repair Goes Unpunished

I was worried about the first ding. Got a little more than that this morning; got rear-ended. broke the bumper beam (obviously messed up the cover), pushed in the back of the trunk compartment maybe 1/2 inch, trunk lid is little high at the right rear corner, but I think that is because the latch area is pushed in. Looks like I'll get my opportunity to change to the 92-93 rear bumper (already have a powder coated rear bracket and several bumper beams). Pictures later.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                                I was worried about the first ding. Got a little more than that this morning; got rear-ended. broke the bumper beam (obviously messed up the cover), pushed in the back of the trunk compartment maybe 1/2 inch, trunk lid is little high at the right rear corner, but I think that is because the latch area is pushed in. Looks like I'll get my opportunity to change to the 92-93 rear bumper (already have a powder coated rear bracket and several bumper beams). Pictures later.
                                LAME! I'd be in jail for attempted murder by now

after all that work too.. sorry about your rear end bro

My Cars: 2006 Ford Freestyle - 1990 Accord EX - 2001 Accord EXV6 Coupe - 1967 Impala "Metallicar" (for the wife)

Comment

Working...
                                X