No announcement yet.

EXT: Painting stock accord alloys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not to worry if you got a lil bit on the tire it fades out maybe a little gasoline cloth dab here and there will get rid of that just incase you sprayed a little bit on the tire.

Comment

great job on the DIY man! i did the same thing a long time ago in gunmetal http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&threadid=1393 see? :P

i really wanted to do black, but i thought they'd jsut look like steelies when i was rolling... so gunmetal it was :P maybe ill go black this summer
      MEMBER'S RIDE

i was driving along today and the check engine light came on.
      i pulled over and looked under the hood.
      the engine was still there...
      ...silly light!

Comment

yeah, i actually got all 4 rims priced for powdercoating. a local shop that deals with metals, gave me the quote of 50.00 per wheel for sandblasting them and powdercoating them black.

the job i did is holding up fine, but i might take that offer up this spring/summer!

Comment

Does anyone have any prices on just the sand blasting? We were gonna paint them ourselves. I was just figuring on sanding them myself but my dad wants to get a price for sandblasting. It's will be a set of four that are exactly like ATX's rims.

Also do you guys know how much it would be for some like black steel wheels and tires for our bolt pattern Accords or Preludes? This job will probably take a few days so I'll still need a car that moves...would you be able to get some ok steel rims and ok tires for all 4 for like 40 or 50 bucks? They'll be my ghetto winter wheels too.
          Last edited by ProjectCB7; 02-04-2004, 10:46 AM.
          + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

those look schweet steven.. + clearcoat soon mebbe?

Comment

Originally posted by xplode
              those look schweet steven.. + clearcoat soon mebbe?
              lots and lots

Comment

Here's my quandry: I want to paint my rims with the flat black. But I want it to be FLAT. I painted my wipers and front grill with standard rust oleum with no clear coat and so far noting scratched or chipped. Could the wheels be done with no clear as long as I really coat the paint?

. Snail Squad .

Comment

hey ATX, I have the same rims as yours...but silver. You know how when you take the center caps off how you have the little gold center spindle thingy (like pictured below)? Do you paint that too or leave it? Should I cover it up with something maybe?
                  Attached Files

. Snail Squad .

Comment

dunno if this should b in appearance
                    does ne-1 think that the rims above would look good in white? im gettin em for free of my freind so im debatin white or black.............

Comment

Originally posted by ProjectCB7
                      Do you paint that too or leave it? Should I cover it up with something maybe?
                      paint it... i did at least.

wunda who: i don't think they would look that good in white. they might just look like hubcaps that way. that's only my opinion though.

Comment

Originally posted by wunda who
                        dunno if this should b in appearance
                        does ne-1 think that the rims above would look good in white? im gettin em for free of my freind so im debatin white or black.............
                        ...black

. Snail Squad .

Comment

heyy white doesnt look like hubcaps it looks really good like i have rims... I didnt do the clear coat because i messed up i did it last night in the dark.. lol but hey here is an idea of before and after.... it was worth it

Go white!!!!!!!
                          Attached Files

Comment

go with another differnt kinda white....looks kinda weird, unless that doesnt have a clear coat
                            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

egah, make it die. put them out of their misery.
                              2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
                              2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Make it die? lol Make what die? There is no clear Coat on that.. I just tested it out I think it looks good

Comment

Working...
                                X