Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXT: Custom Front Grill v. II (blacked out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whered ya get the color matched from? How much was it, cuz i asked at a local body shop, and they quoted my $69 for 2 cans or spray paint. And theres no gaurantee it would match now (car being 13 years old with 13 years of chicago winters and summers under its belt) they said it would match "off the lot" color. What do you guys think? Is it worth it, or should I just leave it black? BTW, my car is "Brittany Blue" basically a dark blue-green.

Comment

I went to my local Checker (believe it or not) and went to their rattle can section and looked in their duplicolor color guide under honda and cross referenced my color code (nh-531M) with what they had in stock, I found 2 cans of it for 5 bucks a can, they are the baby cans. I looked at the top of the can and it had my color code on it and "honda charcoal grey metallic nh-531M" at the top. So after I purchased them I was a little weary just because my car is 14 years old (didn't think it would match) and after I sprayed it, it turned out perfect....what do you guys think? Edit: I also need to spray a little clearcoat on it.
      No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

Well here's my grill that I did the DIY on on my car. I think it look really hot.

tiny bit of chrom showing inside the emblem

I like it alot...but hey...
        + '93 Accord EX - CB7 - Frost White w/ Dark Blue = teh s0ld (ilikebigbutts)

2006 Cobalt SS - 2004 Monte Carlo SS - 1990 CRX Si

. Snail Squad .

Comment

yo, very nice grills you guys have inspired me to do this DIY.
          very good turn out on them.
          duplicolor is made by who anyways? they did a good job matching our cb7's kolors lol.
          and it is found almost every where right?

COLBALT CB7 ALL THA WAY
          <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Black out grill

Black out the grill today looks good thanxs 4 the DIY'S
            93 SE sedan aka Green Lantern sold 3/14/05
            93 10th Anni. sedan sold 10/16/06
            92 Toyota Std Cab 4x4 sold 11/10/07
            92 H23 Coupe 100 shot
            94 LX Wagon
            00 Odyssey LX
            92 LX Wagon
            87 Toyota Ext Cab 4x4
            H/FSAE (H/F Series Accord Enthusiasts)"A dying breed..."#19

Comment

has anyone tried to do gunmetal color...or any other weird color...HOW DO THEY LOOK? I actually have a set from my old accord. I wonder if its worth it to try gunmetal.
              Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
              *RIP*
              1993 Accord EX Coupe
              1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
              1993 Accord EX Coupe
              Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
              JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
              I love it when VTEC kicks in!
              vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

i cant wait to show you guys the grill i have in store for jasons(accordzooms) car..
                H22 Prelude VTEC 92-96 200 161 10.6:1 87 90 DOHC VTEC 2157 JDM

190.3whp 155 wtq - with bolt ons, and a dc header

ET=14.457 @ 94mph w/ 2.173 60Fter

Comment

Originally posted by Importkitz
                  has anyone tried to do gunmetal color...or any other weird color...HOW DO THEY LOOK? I actually have a set from my old accord. I wonder if its worth it to try gunmetal.
                  it would look like the color you painted it.

if you want to see, try it out.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

LOL...wise guy...i meant how would it look on the car. Will it be eye pleasing?
                    Stolen out of Circuit City Parking Lot :
                    *RIP*
                    1993 Accord EX Coupe
                    1995 JDM H22a w/LSD Auto

New love of my life:
                    1993 Accord EX Coupe
                    Jet Black w/Tan Leather Interior
                    JDM H22A w/5 spd H22A Tranny
                    I love it when VTEC kicks in!
                    vroommmm...*VTEC*...VROOMMMMMM!

Comment

LOL...wise guy...i meant how would it look on the car. Will it be eye pleasing?
                      i guess it just seems to me that people these days won't try things out without asking.

i used a metallic black on my grill, just to be a little different. i knew the color i was getting, i liked it, i put it on... didn't ask anyone before or after i did it. some like it, some don't. the important thing is that i like it.

if you like gunmetal, then just do it. if you like purple, yellow, green, any color just do it. beauty's in the eye of the beholder. as long as you like it, and it pleases your eye, that's all that matters.

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Do you mean like the color of the car? I'm sure it would look neat. But I like the black-out look the best.

Update on grill:

No chipping or fading thus far. Next project are blacked-out rims and chrome trim.

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Well I was going to do my headlights and grill today with my friend and I was going to do the grill first. He wanted to do it and told me to start on the headlights, so i start taking off the bumper and headlights while hes working on it, then i put my headlights in the oven and all.. I came out and well... put it this way.. he did more than "rough" it up with sand paper.. I tried going over it with fine sand paper.. and it was night so it looked okay.. though I could see the scratches and stuff.. Anyways.. I think I might have to sand it down again and re do it. Do the work yourself guys!

http://www.FLAccords.com

Comment

true dat

you only want to rough it up a tiny tiny bit...barely noticible...at least that's how I did it

don't let another man bake your headlights

. Snail Squad .

Comment

Interesting DIY, guys. Nice results. You as a group have inspired me to do the same, but leave the mesh grille inserts in place. Perhaps this week it will be done.
                              Former: 90 Accord EX Coupe, 93 10th Anniversary in Frost White

1985 Volvo 245 manual [IPD lowering springs, IPD sway bars, OEM Virgo wheels, 1977 quad round headlights, 1978 grill]
                              2001 Mazda B3000 SE 4x4 extended cab [stock except for CB radio]
                              2008 Ford Escape XLT [bone stock]
                              2015 Toyota Prius Three with solar roof [rear diffuser, Vision Cross wheels... cheaper than steelies!]

Comment

I took mine a step further....

I separated the 2 pieces (90-91) and on the black piece took out my handy dandy dremel and cut out the ""slats" sanded, primed, painted semi gloss black and clearcoated it. Now for the surrounding piece I sanded it down, added some paint and clearcoated 2-3 coats. Since I didn't CC it previously it chipped a lil bit , eh well it gave me an excuse to do something else.

Pic is in my sig

Edit: Left the inside part black and painted the surrounding piece body color I duplicolor
                                No more cb7, 7 years of ownership and 196K on the ticker before she was sold

Current beast: 98 ej8 on 7psi with a 15g turbo and other goodies!

NREMT-B | 300D and some glass

Comment

Working...
                                X