Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

found CB7s, need a little help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

found CB7s, need a little help

So After searching ages, I found three cb7s

1) 93 black coupe $1000, dropped on cut springs and needs clutch replacement. (in a year if I drive casual )

2) 92 sedan $1550 obo
    http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/3054625692.html

3) 92 coupe $1200. Needs exhaust work and CV joints

Now I want a coupe with a body that is mostly in good condition ( 1 and 3 ) but I don't want cut springs, who knows what was damaged in the process. so that leaves number 3.

I searched uptop using " CV joints and fixing CV joints " and found nothing, then went to google found this
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6014340AAt61lv

seeing all types of answers. Question, what kinda work am I looking at when fixing/replacing exhaust and CV joints. (money*average shop charge+cost of parts*)

I don't want to buy number 3 only to find out it is more expensive to 'restore' when I could've bought CB7 number 2.

Originally posted by Turbo617 View Post
    So After searching ages, I found three cb7s

1) 93 black coupe $1000, dropped on cut springs and needs clutch replacement. (in a year if I drive casual )

2) 92 sedan $1550 obo
    http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/3054625692.html

3) 92 coupe $1200. Needs exhaust work and CV joints

Now I want a coupe with a body that is mostly in good condition ( 1 and 3 ) but I don't want cut springs, who knows what was damaged in the process. so that leaves number 3.

I searched uptop using " CV joints and fixing CV joints " and found nothing, then went to google found this
    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6014340AAt61lv

seeing all types of answers. Question, what kinda work am I looking at when fixing/replacing exhaust and CV joints. (money*average shop charge+cost of parts*)

I don't want to buy number 3 only to find out it is more expensive to 'restore' when I could've bought CB7 number 2.
    If it was me buying and choosing, I'd check all of them out.
    CB 1, I'll most likely pass on because I can't imagine what other damages is in the car already. CB 3 are easy fixes even you can do them yourself, if you have access to tools.
    I really dont know what they charge at the shops most of the work done on my car I've done in my backyard. Just search for prices of the parts online.
    Anything wrong with CB 2?

Comment

where is #3? i just picked up a 92 coupe that needs exhaust and 'cv joints' that was listed for $1200 in NH. paid the guy $600 cause he thought it needed a whole new ehaust. just needs to replace a section after the cat.

Comment

How bad is the rust on all of these?

Comment

CV joints = axles. Best to replace both sides at once. Expect to pay $75-$100 per side for a remanufactured part. Most autoparts stores will sell remans. I prefer NAPA, though I have Autozone axles on both sides right now.
          Exhaust... you can go as cheap or expensive as you want. Normally, you get what you pay for.

#2 also looks like it's been modified, and the seller can't seem to string a coherent sentence together. Those two things would make me want to stay away from that. To me, that says "that guy is an idiot, and that idiot modified that car!"

Comment

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
            This.. would probably be my determining factor, amongst other things

Comment

Advance $60 for one side $70 for the other. Can't remember which ones which but they are new so no core charge.

Comment

For these cars and the age, the main thing to keep in mind is structure. Try to get one with as little rust as possible. Body work can be costly. Parts are a dime a dozen (ie. junk yard, parts store, forum members, etc.), so they're easy to find/get a hold of for cheap in most cases..
                The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Originally posted by blkf22 View Post
                  If it was me buying and choosing, I'd check all of them out.
                  CB 1, I'll most likely pass on because I can't imagine what other damages is in the car already. CB 3 are easy fixes even you can do them yourself, if you have access to tools.
                  I really dont know what they charge at the shops most of the work done on my car I've done in my backyard. Just search for prices of the parts online.
                  Anything wrong with CB 2?
                  I wouldn't mind doing them myself, plus I have a family full of mechanics, and a few that specialize in hondas (they double double and triple check anything put on their cars) however I read somewhere on here, about it's good to have receipts unless they meant parts receipts.

Originally posted by biggmatt207 View Post
                  where is #3? i just picked up a 92 coupe that needs exhaust and 'cv joints' that was listed for $1200 in NH. paid the guy $600 cause he thought it needed a whole new ehaust. just needs to replace a section after the cat.
                  aw darn I think that was it, it was beige I think. All you paid was 600? sheesh I could've bought it!

Originally posted by dhill_cb7 View Post
                  All three appear to be in good condition, except number three, it looks like it has a tiny bit of rust, here's the link, sorry I didn't add it.
                  http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/3013975040.html to number three

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  CV joints = axles. Best to replace both sides at once. Expect to pay $75-$100 per side for a remanufactured part. Most autoparts stores will sell remans. I prefer NAPA, though I have Autozone axles on both sides right now.
                  Exhaust... you can go as cheap or expensive as you want. Normally, you get what you pay for.

#2 also looks like it's been modified, and the seller can't seem to string a coherent sentence together. Those two things would make me want to stay away from that. To me, that says "that guy is an idiot, and that idiot modified that car!"
                  That's exactly what I thought which is why I 'took a step back'

Originally posted by jchsmiley View Post
                  This.. would probably be my determining factor, amongst other things
                  number 3 : I guess just got sold, (good thing it was a member on here that bought it, take care of her! )
                  number 2 : definetly looks iffy
                  number 1 : it looks so perfect, and fits my liking- Black- coupe - ex- no rust-standard, but the cut springs killed it. I have a picture of it on my harddrive, Gonna attempt to upload it (I'm sorta clueless)
                  Last edited by Turbo617; 06-10-2012, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Number 3 : it's my friends friend car, and my friend told me it was a EX, but I barely see the sunroof, I hope it is. so much potential on all three and now back to square one

Comment

If you like #1 go take a hard look at it and determine how much of the suspension is worn out .More than likely , most of its gonna need replacing anyways.And if you can get it for cheaper you could buy new springs and shocks.
                      Cb #2 i like it but what a short description so im like idk

Comment

Pick the one with the best body, body work and paint is always going to be more money and alot more work to get done. 99% of the people here can change their own suspension, but a very small percent of people can change a quarter panel or have a paint booth that they can use.

Comment

Originally posted by antonio7566 View Post
                          Pick the one with the best body, body work and paint is always going to be more money and alot more work to get done. 99% of the people here can change their own suspension, but a very small percent of people can change a quarter panel or have a paint booth that they can use.
                          Damn I guess I am that 1%. Lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X