Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ABS Light possible Fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS Light possible Fix?

ABS light come on 5 minutes after driving.
    So I did a check on it, and ABS light flashes 3 times then goes away.
    1 long (2-3 seconds later) 1 long flash (2-3 seconds later) 1 long flash, then it goes away.

I was looking at his chart... Not too sure if i know how to read this diagram... Can someone help?

Sounds like a code 1. That would be the very first one there.
    I don't know anything about ABS systems to really help further than that, unfortunately.

Comment

I don't know much about our ABS system either...

But, take a look here:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21259

the codes are spelled out in greater detail there.
      Originally posted by deevergote
      These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

The problem is that you're reading the code wrong

the ABS light does not give long or short flashes like other systems

it gives a main code and then followed 2 seconds later by a sub code

it will then wait 6 seconds to flash a new code

what you just told us is code 1-1 which is not a real code. Check again and see what you get.

Comment

ABS Code 1 Pump Motor Over Run

I think you have the same issue that I've been working through lately. At first there were the 3 ABS flashes. There is no 3-0 code. It was code 1 repeating. Now after a few battery/fuse disconnects it's only flashing once.

Tried to bleed the abs system, followed instructions to short out copper terminals of ABS relay, no luck. Heard pump run, opened bleeder--nothing. Reservoir never dropped even a mm in the 7 years 120k I've had the car.

Followed the instructions on this site to remove pump and accumulator, and found it true that my pins were in fact stuck in and wouldn't slide out. I believe this will fix my issue, possibly yours as well.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2830570

Only thing that's different for our CB7s is that our unit is directly below the battery tray, way away from the modulator. Remove the battery & tray (you'll be glad you did), it's down under the AC lines etc. PITA--I removed it partially from underneath, disconnected the wires and drained the lines, and pulled it out the top after removing the bracket.

After I got the motor separated from the housing, I hooked the big wires back up and shorted the relay socket and sure enough, pump spins freely.

Major props for the well written writeup. Hopefully I'll get this back together tomorrow and it will resolve the issues and ABS light I have!
          1992 Honda Accord EX 4 Door Sedan. Granny Eddition :-).

Comment

Lol my ABS light is on all the time... I have to figure out why. Any idea where I should start first?

Comment

Originally posted by bumm03 View Post
              Lol my ABS light is on all the time... I have to figure out why. Any idea where I should start first?
              Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
              I don't know much about our ABS system either...

But, take a look here:

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21259

the codes are spelled out in greater detail there.
              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by bumm03 View Post
                lol, mine is on constant too, comes on after a few feet of driving.
                My mechanic says its better, he says, "who wants their brake pedal jumping up and down under your foot?" Been like that for 2 years and counting.

This is why I like older cars with simple mechanics, less to go wrong.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Originally posted by DanCan View Post
                  lol, mine is on constant too, comes on after a few feet of driving.
                  My mechanic says its better, he says, "who wants their brake pedal jumping up and down under your foot?" Been like that for 2 years and counting.
                  This is what I was thinking while reading this thread.

I've never owned a car with working abs [not even my legend] til I got my 2nd cb coupe, and It engaged on me the other day on some hard braking before a turn and I almost hit a curb. Can't say I care very much for ABS but it is a pesky ass bright yellow light, I sometimes think about fixing it in the Legend just to turn the light off.

Comment

ive removed abs from both of my cb's that I've owned for the fact that it tried to kill me twice. Hills with a light rain, upgraded brakes and abs dont seem to mix well on the cb. So the easiest way to turn the light off is to go in the trunk and unhook the abs control unit on the pass. side trunk, behind the carpet. That got rid on mine forever.

Originally posted by Dr.x
                    You drive an almost 20 year old car, pretty much everyone can pay it off.. you dont need to be "ballin"

Comment

Can you take a video of the light? That's what I did my first time around.
                      MRT
                      37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                      30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                      27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                      Originally posted by Tippey764
                      I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                      sneaky motherfucker

Comment

I followed that post on Honda-Tech (http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2830570) and cleaned those pins in the ABS pump, put it all back together this weekend. Viola, it fixed all the ABS Code 1 Pump Motor Over-run issues and my ABS is back to working as it should.

After fixing and reinstalling the motor, it sounded very different, raspier and slower rpm. I bled the system--it was much easier with a working pump, if only regular brakes were so easy .

I'm very happy I did fix it. As a result I found an A/C hi pressure line that had been rubbed through, so now I know why my system worked and drained overnight one day.

Ultimately, I'm not sure I want ABS all the time (I go back and forth), but I'd rather be the one to decide and disable it if I choose. Never liked it when things were broken and I couldn't fix it. I know lots of mechanics that swear by it and say it saves a lot of people's asses. Not to mention, it never looks good if you have to sell it when lights are on and things don't work.
                        1992 Honda Accord EX 4 Door Sedan. Granny Eddition :-).

Comment

Working...
                        X