Bogus company on fb trying to sell h2b in Cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogus company on fb trying to sell h2b in Cb7

So currently in argument with this bull shit company on Facebook. Just read the comments he made and me destroying them. He proceeds to tell me that the b serious trans swap and h23a vtec alone saves him 500lbs!!! Shattered that really quick. Anyway enjoy. I’ll keep adding if anything lmao

Last edited by 92smokeaccord; 04-23-2018, 10:51 PM.

my new turbo build

I don't even understand the big need for an H2B kit for the Accord since we have H-series transmissions with gearing every bit as low as most B-series. As far as dropping "500 lbs" from doing that swap.. , maybe if you did a D15 swap and took out all of the A/C, P/S,ABS, replaced the wiring harness to only include what was needed to run the engine and even then I doubt 500 lbs could be achieved.

Comment

those pics are from Brough's website, I actually contacted them about it a couple months ago, one of their employees/techs owns a CB7 and was taking on a personal project of mounting a B-series trans into it. Apparently it was never finished and never intended for production sale (I guess unless it worked, haha). Not sure who this joker is, but maybe he is the original employee who was working on it?

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

So after that exchange his only response was this. This person is claiming to represent that “company” or at the very least back it. He claimed that it’s his car that is b trans swapped. I’m just calling his bull shit lies for what they are and giving viable proof and evidence as how he is lying. I’m pretty sure this is the end of it. Told him he is looking like a fool so yeah I don’t think he is gonna come back with anything.

my new turbo build

Comment

Lol wat. Internet warrior.

I cut 500lbs swapping a heavier engine. SCIENCE! The fuck you need a b-series transmission for? That’s hecka extra work and money when the H/F bolts right up with gearing that’s perfectly fine. The only way you’re losing 500lbs is a complete accessory delete, lighter wheels, gutted interior, carbon fiber hood/fenders, no gas, and a weight watchers subscription.

He sounds like a guy who cuts springs & thinks straight pipes sound good.

Comment

Kind of funny, we haven't had such silly arguments in here in a long time
            Ya, don't waste your time with those folks. They'll turn around and spew the BS to whoever will listen. Heck, even if you correct them they will continue...

Best to let them go, focus on your own self.

Comment

Whoa! Sorry guys the pics I posted on the main post was missing one! I’m sorry I fixed it! Also still no reply. Probably not gonna get one to be honest

my new turbo build

Comment

In defense of the H2b, Rosko made one for the Prelude and no longer sells it because it is very expensive to make. Apparently the only benefits are a larger aftermarket gearset, rod shifter linkage, less weight(?). I do know the h2b Civic guys get a bit more whp so maybe it's a more efficient box?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

B series transmissions do have less energy loss from the engine to the ground. But still everything to convert it just doesn't seem worth the effort/energy when we have so many options already off the shelf from Honda.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

According to Bisi (take that as you will), the B series transmissions are stronger than the H/F transmissions.
                    The rod linkage is also a bit more direct, and doesn’t present the risk of binding that cables do. Not that binding cables has ever really plagued the cb7 community!

H2B has been done in a CB7 on at least two occasions that I’m aware of. As well as a full B swap. The cost greatly outweighs the benefit. If saving weight is a concern, starting with an Accord over a Civic is the first and biggest mistake!

Comment

Swap in a K20 if weight is your concern. Pretty much the same weight as a VTEC-equipped B.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/how...train-weights/

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        According to Bisi (take that as you will), the B series transmissions are stronger than the H/F transmissions.
                        The rod linkage is also a bit more direct, and doesn’t present the risk of binding that cables do. Not that binding cables has ever really plagued the cb7 community!

H2B has been done in a CB7 on at least two occasions that I’m aware of. As well as a full B swap. The cost greatly outweighs the benefit. If saving weight is a concern, starting with an Accord over a Civic is the first and biggest mistake!
                        bisi couldnt even answer my question on one of his own live IG video broadcasts..

I see a lot of people throw in misinformation on that cb7accords page..only legit guy on there made an actual video on how to drill out a broken stud. I thought that was cool.
                        Henry R
                        Koni/Neuspeed
                        1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                        1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                        Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                        made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

*munches popcorn*

Why so much hate?

Supposedly this kit has been used to make an awd b swap as well. There are countless done on civics many holding 700 and 800+ hp.

This attitude is what has killed this community for me. Meanwhile civic guys are running h2b and still updating and making their platforms quicker. B trans has shown to put down 10 to 15 more hp to the wheels vs straight f or h with a better shifter assembly from many civic and teg guys. They are running a cam setup and breaking 11s and some 10s with b trans.

Ive seen a number of rices videos with different stock motors and b trans and they rip.

I was going to post my swap thread but seeing this not sure it's worth it anymore. I'll find a more interested audience elsewhere.
                          My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

What hate?
                            People are skeptical, yes but hating?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Wow and bringing up a thread that was made over a year ago. If you think we are haters I’m assuming you haven’t been on Honda-tech. Like Corey said there was no hate, just trying to get proof.
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Working...
                              X