Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Would you guys do this trade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you guys do this trade?

Alright this is the deal, I'm thinking of trading my 1992 Honda Accord EX Sedan MINUS my G Square grille for a 1992 Honda Accord Coupe.

This:

For this:

I want a CB coupe so bad, but the engine kind of through me off a little. I need some opinions would you guys do the trade?

Why did the engine through u off. Its prolly a h23.
    **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
    Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
    Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
      Why did the engine through u off. Its prolly a h23.
      I was hoping on an F22 to boost. I know they're inexpensive to get anyways. i'm actually going to look at the car tomorrow.

Comment

Twin cam engines r fun to drive. Especially up hills. Goes up with ease, check it out, it really depends on the tranny also. If its a F serires trans then eh. Still nice cuz its 5 speed. Slap a lude oem shifter on it and u will enjoy the shifts even more.
        **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
        Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
        Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

You can still build an F22A for boost, while you drive that. I think your sedan looks to be in better shape, but 5 speed is a plus. Of course, I'm always VERY wary of buying someone else's project. If this is your only car, and you require it to get to work/school/etc... then I'd stick with your sedan. Jumping into someone else's project can result in endless headaches, especially if you're not familiar with what they did.
          Do you know WHY they want to trade a swapped 5 speed for a stock automatic?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            You can still build an F22A for boost, while you drive that. I think your sedan looks to be in better shape, but 5 speed is a plus. Of course, I'm always VERY wary of buying someone else's project. If this is your only car, and you require it to get to work/school/etc... then I'd stick with your sedan. Jumping into someone else's project can result in endless headaches, especially if you're not familiar with what they did.
            Do you know WHY they want to trade a swapped 5 speed for a stock automatic?
            You have a point there and this is why I'm kind of worried about.
            He told me supposedly he needs a bigger car because he has kids. I found it to be a little skeptical because as you said, he recently just did the swap and looks like he was starting on a project. Of course, he would tell me the car runs strong and all, I'll see that when i test drive it a few laps around lol

Engine has 58,000 miles
            Transmission has 100,000
            He has papers for the engine.

I still have not met up with this kid, he's on the other side of my town, so we'll meet up next Saturday so I can check what he has. We'll see how it goes, I'm still contemplating it.

I'm going to shoot for the stars on this one, and ask the dude if he wants to swap the shell and he keeps his engine and I'll keep mines.

Comment

Bigger car? They're the same size!
              My friend has 2 kids and actually preferred his coupe. The big doors made it easy to get the carseats in and out. Easier than a 4 door, actually. He picked up a CL for his wife for that reason.

I'd still be wary. I like coupes myself (had one before, as well as my main sedan), but I wouldn't take a beat coupe in exchange for a nice sedan. You already know the problems with your own car... this will be a lot that you'll discover the hard way. Worth looking, but if the car isn't every bit as good as yours, I don't think it's worth the risk.
              And low-mileage old engines can be worse than high-mileage ones that have seen regular use. That thing could've spent 10+ years rotting on a shelf somewhere, or worse, in a junkyard! Papers can be forged as well... who's going to prove it? And there are definitely some shady shops in your area...

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Bigger car? They're the same size!
                My friend has 2 kids and actually preferred his coupe. The big doors made it easy to get the carseats in and out. Easier than a 4 door, actually. He picked up a CL for his wife for that reason.

I'd still be wary. I like coupes myself (had one before, as well as my main sedan), but I wouldn't take a beat coupe in exchange for a nice sedan. You already know the problems with your own car... this will be a lot that you'll discover the hard way. Worth looking, but if the car isn't every bit as good as yours, I don't think it's worth the risk.
                And low-mileage old engines can be worse than high-mileage ones that have seen regular use. That thing could've spent 10+ years rotting on a shelf somewhere, or worse, in a junkyard! Papers can be forged as well... who's going to prove it? And there are definitely some shady shops in your area...

I'm taking your advice on this one.
                I think I'll let this one go and stick to my sedan.

Comment

Sounds too good to be true..
                  <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

your sedan is way cleaner then that coupe stick with the sedan if u want to go 5 speed it wouldnt be that hard either just my own .02
                    Last edited by 92accordkidd; 06-09-2012, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I'm actually sticking with the sedan guys...Thanks for all the feedback I appreciate them all. After looking at a couple of sedans in the member's ride section it changed my mind. Soon you guys will see my thread in the member's ride as soon as I gather more parts in my closet . Thanks guys!

Comment

i will do it hell yeah remember to take the sunroof visor off

paypal info:leonardorivera50@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                        X