Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

91 accord 5sp f23a1 need ECU help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

91 accord 5sp f23a1 need ECU help

Accord has f23 swap.... Need to upgrade ecu or chip it...... Need to now what kind of ecu is best and chip....

The best ECU? PAA. The proper ECU for that engine. Of course, it's OBD2, and you'll have to do some conversions to make it work. Some people use the F22B1's P0A, since you can get an OBD1 version of that from a 94-95.
    There is no "best chip"... A chipped ECU must be tuned properly for your application to run your engine safely. Common VTEC ECU options are a Civic EX's P28, and an Integra GSR's P72. The P28 is cheaper and easier to find, but has no IAB control (it can be added, however.)

Comment

Current ecu is an obd0

Comment

Obd1

Comment

I was told the ecu I have now is an obd0

Comment

I have a adapter harness to go from obd0 to obd1

Comment

All 4th generation USDM Accords are OBD1.

Comment

Oh OK good to know..... I've done mods before but ecu and swaps are new to me.... So what would be a good ecu to run on my accord..?

Comment

Everything I said in my first reply.
                  Honestly, there is no easy ECU solution for the F23A1. It's one of the worst swap options for that reason. Very little gain for the amount of trouble it takes to get it running properly.

Comment

Oh that I didn't know....hmmm....question I have an option to go F20b or H22 for my 2dr cb7 5sp which would be a better build...I know the H22 is good but everyone has an H

Comment

Everyone has the F20B as well. The chances of getting the weak 180ps version of it are pretty good... so why even bother.
                      Go H22A. It comes in OBD1, making swapping easier. You'll have a proper ECU, distributor, injectors... and all the documentation you could use.
                      Trust me, anyone who doesn't know these cars wouldn't even know that they're not supposed to have a DOHC VTEC engine in them. Anyone who does know usually can't tell the difference at a glance between an H22A and F20B anyway. Anyone you tell won't be impressed, because anyone around here isn't impressed by the F20B.
                      The engine is meant to move your car. Get the one that will do that the best. That would be the H22A.

The only 'different' that will impress anyone anymore will be a J series swap... V6. Only 2 have been done to my knowledge, and neither has been terribly successful.

Comment

Working...
                      X