Locate lost iphone4????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locate lost iphone4????

Anyone know how to locate a lost verizon iphone4 that does not have any locating apps loaded on it already? My wife lost hers and we think somebody snatched it off the sidewalk. Calling it gets nothing.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Try contacting Verizon they mightn't be able to

1992 Accord EX Coupe >http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...00#post3060200
    Originally posted by keepinitclean
    I give it 2 weeks before you sell it.

Comment

Sorry to tell you, that phone is gone.

Calling it gets nothing because whoever has it either A)turned it off

or

b) wiped it completely so there is no number associated with it anymore.

Verizon might help but i don't think they are going to lead you to it because if a gun fight ensues, whos to blame?

Verizon isn't in the game of gun fights na mean.

Comment

Yeah it's pretty much gone..Verizon of course refused to tell us it's last location before powering off. It makes sense they will only provide that info to authorities.

Luckily she didn't have any passwords saved, just usernames. We changed some of the passwords anyway.

Yeah now I wish I had purchased that app I was looking at last week that lets the iphone and droid locate each other.....for $5. Oh well, live and learn.
        My Member's Ride Thread

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

do you have insurance on it or anything?

I was looking at the rewards that Fifth Third bank gives you for using their mastercard to pay your phone bills and they offer you free protection for stolen or accidental damage. I am so switching banks because that's almost 5 bucks a month that i am saving.
          Last edited by Leung; 07-15-2011, 09:44 AM.

Comment

imo using that app is going to do what?

IF it is somewhere by itself and you can just retrieve it, cool.

But what if someone has it?

Are you really going to approach someone over a phone?

To me it would be such a hassle its just easier to buy another one used on Ebay or w/e

And also there was a story on the radio that a guy used the mobile me to track his iphone after he lost it, and he punched the wrong guy in the face...apparentely the app failed in its GPS capabilities....

so how are you to know that the phone you come across is actually yours?

See the dilemna?

Comment

this is what find my iphone and mobile me is for...apple packages this feature in the phone itself, and its free.....

You should have went in settings and activated it and you could have tracked it on your computer.

This is supposed to be used to show authorities when you file the report.

Also, you wouldnt have had to worry about passwords....it has a remote wipe and lock feature, wiping all your info and locking the phone COMPLETELY making it useless to them.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
              Traded with: Cb7xChun
              Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
              Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
              My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
                imo using that app is going to do what?

IF it is somewhere by itself and you can just retrieve it, cool.

But what if someone has it?

Are you really going to approach someone over a phone?

To me it would be such a hassle its just easier to buy another one used on Ebay or w/e

And also there was a story on the radio that a guy used the mobile me to track his iphone after he lost it, and he punched the wrong guy in the face...apparentely the app failed in its GPS capabilities....

so how are you to know that the phone you come across is actually yours?

See the dilemna?
                and in that story it wasnt that it failed in its gps capabilities, the guy was just a moron...saw some random guy walking by with an iphone, and punched him without even saying anything. Dude was out of his mind to begin with lol.

Bought from: TypeG,mak,CB7_ACCORD,ChampCoupe,Blackex
                Traded with: Cb7xChun
                Sold to: Rob_is_legend,DaddyO,daheavyking
                Sedan MR Thread Coupe MR Thread Prelude Si MR Thread
                My huge For Sale Thread

Comment

next time setup me.com on your iphone

you can lock, play sound, wipe, locate iphone from the web

Comment

is there a free mobileme?

Comment

Originally posted by darkfusion42 View Post
                      and in that story it wasnt that it failed in its gps capabilities, the guy was just a moron...saw some random guy walking by with an iphone, and punched him without even saying anything. Dude was out of his mind to begin with lol.
                      No.

He tracked the phone with the mobile me and the first guy he saw in the vicinity that the mobile me told him it was in, he attacked, assuming that it was his iPhone.

The software led him to the wrong phone.

Regardless, it's a waste.

The police are not going to go stake out and return your phone when there are real criminals to be caught....she wasn't robbed....she lost her phone....it's on her.

And most people don't have the balls to walk to up to someone and confront them about their stolen phone, so tracking it is useless unless you lost it somewhere like your house/car/job etc.
                      Last edited by Ralphie; 07-15-2011, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Is mobileme free? I doubt it works for the touch...

Comment

I think Mobile me is just for Apple devices.

Comment

I don't know if I would approach someone or not using the app.....could get dangerous fast. We're not sure where it was dropped. It's still possible it's still in a friend's house or truck. The friend lives in a very poor reception zone so that would explain the phone turning off after 6 hrs.

I just downloaded "where's my droid" for my droid x2 for free and tested it....works pretty well. It will detect keywords in a text to discretely activate and send gps coordinates/address. It will also detect a different phrase to force the phone out of silent mode if I lose it around the house. I can text from any phone or email. Of course, none of this would work on a serious thief who'd immediately remove the battery.
                            My Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Good thing its verizon so the phone is junk now

Tell verizon is was stolen and they will ban the ESN and it will not be able to be used on their network again.

Comment

Working...
                              X