Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

DBSharp's Turbo Fabrication thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the knock went from mild to WILD! Motor is coming apart in the next week hopefully. I am interested in what part was knocking for a year, cause Its acting more like a spun bearing now.

lol. To get my car the last 1/4 mile home the other day, I had to see boost just to make the car go anywhere. The motor was wanting to lock up bad. It was funny as hell to hear my turbo spooling and the engine screaming and knocking all at the same time.

I don't think this block is going to be reusable. Fuck it! I got a spare block and head. I'll probably get a new turbo to.
    spin city

Comment

sorry to hear about your engine.i know you will get it better than before.

Comment

Dam Danny.....good luck with the rebuild bro, give me a call when you get a chance.

Nitrous is like a hot chick with a STD..... you know you wanna hit it, but you are afraid of the consequences.....

...Zex wet kit, 65 shot, dual purge, JDM H22...pure sex! .....I owned 8 CB7's in one year...top that JARHEAD...lol
        ...this thread has been graced by the new CB7 King

Comment

Originally posted by gdout90accord View Post
          manifold looks sick bro, i wish i got a welder.
          CD-5???

LOVIN the Mig poop mani!!! Lovin the Holset love too... Looks good man!!!! :O)

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
          yea, I am pretty sure its the hotside oil seal. It only leaks when I come off the throttle after spinning the turbo hard. I think that the exhaust pressure is keeping the oil in the turbo while I'm on the throttle. It does not leak when I don't spool the turbo no matter what the rpm or oil pressure is.
          Sounds more like piston ringlands dude... sucky. Compression leakdown??? My bet is the landfs are blown out.
          Last edited by Supergenius; 01-04-2010, 02:10 PM.
          750 WHP/575 TQ CD5 Raping a street near you....
          realHomeMadeTurbo.com / Kaizenspeed.com / LSD Motorsports / Tempest Racing /SpeedFactory /ExplicitSpeedPerformance

GFI HOLLA!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

Comment

if the ring lands were blown out, I would be really surprised if the car still ran at all. All four of mine blew out and the car died, deader than dead.
            Been a long time. Still alive...

Comment

Smoke happend the first time the turbo spun up motor had good compression. I actualy used a stick welder on most of the manifold. A buddy of mine said he would go over all my welds with his tig to make it look good, but I got it back and he had just miged up a couple places and filled in a couple of low spots. but what ever the manifold worked great!
              spin city

Comment

Ok I just bought a re-manufactured he341, which is what my turbo actually is. It is very similar to the hy-35 type d turbo. I have all most every part I need to rebuild my motor and put the car back together. It might get done soon. I really wanna tune it on a dyno, well see.
                spin city

Comment

Awesome build and work man!!!!

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
                  PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
                    Awesome build and work man!!!!
                    thanks man!
                    spin city

Comment

what size piping did you use for your ram horn? also what material is it?

is your down pipe the same material as your ram horn?

and your down pipe is 3" it looks huge

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
                      91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
                      funds for swap:$000.00
                      Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
                      Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

Originally posted by megarock15 View Post
                        what size piping did you use for your ram horn? also what material is it?

is your down pipe the same material as your ram horn?

and your down pipe is 3" it looks huge
                        I used 1.5" schedule 40 mild steel for the manifold. It matches the exhaust port very well when the pipe is squished in a vice, which is not easy to do at all...

down pipe is just regular 3" exhaust pipe.
                        spin city

Comment

i must say it looks sexy

92 LX N/A rust bucket restoration RIP
                          91 DX Coupe to 9293 EX Coupe restoration
                          funds for swap:$000.00
                          Bought from:HondaFan81=My current CB7 DD ,CB7_Sleeper1 Koochologist Tommi mtnbikkerkid33
                          Traded with: Wed3k

Comment

yea I welding on the manifold and I....

JIZZED IN MY PANTS!
                            spin city

Comment

Originally posted by dbsharp View Post
                              yea I welding on the manifold and I....

JIZZED IN MY PANTS!

lol u got any updates???

Ride List
                              1990 Accord dx coupe - my baby (dsm turbo set up in progress) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3202853
                              2005 Mazda 6s - daily driver http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3171724(totaled)
                              newest 2006 mazdaspeed 6 http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4073987/2006-mazda-mazda6

Comment

should get my parts from the machine shop early next week and could have this running again in two weeks.
                                spin city

Comment

Working...
                                X