Accrdwgnguy : 1986 Chevrolet C10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about heavy duty springs!

You could always add some HD 1/2 ton springs up front to try and level it out a bit, along with the rear drop shackles.
    Originally posted by sweet91accord
    if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

just went through this and its pretty sweet man! makes me want a truck, kinda sucks to work in such a cramped Honda engine bay. I need a tuck

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
      It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Done. It'll be ready for DD duty once the headers and exhaust are on.
        1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

The Road Warrior C10 is back in action:

Comment

Sweet! Looking good man.
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

nice man
              back at it again

Comment

truck is looking good.
                I really like the older trucks.

Flashback is a beast. Damn cars/trucks, no matter what we drive, there is always something we wanna do to em.
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

Time for a front end rebuild and other things that need attention.

Half of my drop kit is here too.

Comment

Front end done! All new Moog wear parts, Western Chassis 2.5" drop spindles and rear hanger kit.

Quite a difference from what I started with 5 years ago.

Of course, like any project, it's never done. Rear axle pinion is leaking pretty bad.

Comment

Man she's lookin good! Lots of work for sure! How did you lower the rear end?

My roommate and I just bought a black '81 Silverado shortbox as a flip project and looks a lot like yours lol.

They're cool trucks, I've wanted one for myself for a while, but prices are getting stupid for them.

Comment

I used the Western Chassis 4" drop hanger/shackle kit for the rear. It was cheap at $155 US shipped to me. It's a good quality kit too, I paid a little more for the Western Chassis parts since they are made in USA, I like to support my local economy when possible.

Got a deal on the drop spindles too. Western Chassis listed them on their website for $250 plus shipping, I got on ebay and they had 2 sets listed for $239 shipped. I could not click that Buy It Now button faster. That front drop is with the stock 1/2ton LD coils.

Comment

Wow that's way more than we want to spend on lowering ours.

The truck used to belong to my roommate's dad in the 90s. He suggested we just cut a coil in front and flip the axle over the leafs in the rear or just put blocks in it.

Ours even has that same brush bar on the front from your original pic above lol.

They're such cool trucks. I love the look of yours with the matte black, black grille and the rallye's.

Comment

Thanks dude.

The axle flip is a cheap way of dropping the rear 5+ inches. Nothing wrong with that method. Cutting a coil in the front alone may not get the front down as much however, drop spindles are usually needed.

Also, be aware if you do go with drop spindles, some of the cheaper sets do not have the tie rod arms angled back to clear the stock 15" wheels. That is another reason I paid a little more for the Western spindles. My buddy had that problem, he got his spindles thru a group buy and the tie rod arms did not clear the stock steelies, so he's now running 20" Dodge steelies with adapters. Still cool.

Also, check out this guy's build, lots of low buck tech in there.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=622971

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                              Thanks dude.

The axle flip is a cheap way of dropping the rear 5+ inches. Nothing wrong with that method. Cutting a coil in the front alone may not get the front down as much however, drop spindles are usually needed.

Also, be aware if you do go with drop spindles, some of the cheaper sets do not have the tie rod arms angled back to clear the stock 15" wheels. That is another reason I paid a little more for the Western spindles. My buddy had that problem, he got his spindles thru a group buy and the tie rod arms did not clear the stock steelies, so he's now running 20" Dodge steelies with adapters. Still cool.

Tx Firefighter always has awesome build threads, lots of good info and tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by Accrdwgnguy View Post
                                Thanks dude.

Ah, good info to know! We're looking into doing the flip kit as it's easiest and cheapest. Not willing to fork out over $200 for spindles in the front. We're going to run 18 or 20" wheels on it, so clearance won't be an issue. Cost is a factor for us since we're trying to flip it. We're already $4000 into it.

Comment

Working...
                                X