c91bse7 : 1996 Honda Civic CX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

c91bse7 : 1996 Honda Civic CX

So this I what I've been working on for the last year or so?

Stayed mostly stock for oh maybe 2 months and then it all went down hill from there

B&m short shifter

Civic type r 5 lug

Engine:
    All stock d16y7
    Yonaka exhaust

Exterior:
    Civic type r spoiler
    Edm lhd power non power folding mirrors
    Oem rain guards
    Jdm thin molding (not installed)
    Ek4 bumpers with fog lights
    Jdm fenders and sidemarkers
    Edm lhd headlights

Interior:
    Currently gutted
    Evo 8 front seats
    Led conversion
    Edm clock

Suspension:
    Full civic type r 5 lug swap
    Integra type r master 1" master cylinder
    Arp wheel studs
    Legend 2 pot calipers
    Bwr subframe brace
    Asr subframe brace (not installed)
    Itr rear swaybar (not installed)
    Function 7 lower control arms
    Function form type 1s
    98 integra type r wheels
    204/40r16 kumhos
    Last edited by dj_ender; 03-18-2015, 11:52 PM.

Originally posted by Darkcloud
    Wimp go low or go home haha
    Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
    Not a single fuck was given that day.

My seat collection from this car

Comment

Most recent photo

Comment

looks good, awesome job man! Bet those brakes bring things to a halt quick..when you putting an H22a in there lol

Comment

What happened to the EK4 bumpers?
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Actually going h2b in this , with and f20b and a b16 trans

@jarrett there currently awaiting paint, I have the paint just haven't had the time or weather to get them done just yet.

Current interior

Last edited by c91bse7; 03-10-2015, 01:46 AM.

Comment

Wow just stumbled across this. Cool build. I love that color so much, looks so good with those Civics.

RIP my last two CB7s.
              New rides:
              '82 Volvo 245 drift project
              '87 Volvo 244 daily
              Born2DieApparel.com

Comment

Nice car, and the color looks great as well. I actually didn't care for these hatchbacks until recently. The coupe I've always thought was a very good-looking car (dare I say it has a whiff of E46 3-series about it?), but the hatch just had odd proportions... like the hood was too long for the body or something. They've grown on me big time in the last year or so though.

Mind my asking about your reasoning behind the F20B? I think they're the cooler engine for my own reasons, but for a 2.0 with 200hp, why not the lighter and much-simpler-to-swap B18C Type-R?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

An F20B can be had for $500 and people sell complete H2B swap kits all day long for around the same price. Let's say wiring, tuning and mounts put you at $2500 to complete the swap and tack on another $500 for a Vibrant header. You're $3000 in and you've just started to get into what it costs to do a ground-up B-series swap on these cars.

Once it's in the car it's a toss up. The F20B makes more torque, but the B18C5 is a few pounds lighter. Cost is the driving factor behind this one. People think B-series parts are made of gold.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I decided against the b series swap because I don't think there worth the asking price, around here a tired b series with trans will cost around 1200-1500. Then you need axles , few mount parts and some refresh parts and your up in the 2k range for and engine that is lacking in torque. I got the f20 for 600 bucks and a b series trans that needs a little work for 150 bucks, by the time all is said and done it will be roughly the same price but should have more torque and starting out already has roughly 40 more hp.

I coulda just got a b series and swapped it but the h2b is a little different and should be able to keep up with k series pretty easily.

Comment

I love this car. its very simple. which is why i like it so much. not huge fan of the front lip on the stock bumper but its only temp so ill let that slide lol. The F20b motors go for $500-600 in NJ. So im guessing there are the same price everywhere. People act like B-series are gold cause you can swap parts left and right and get them the same day. H-series are not so much common to civic/integra fans thats why they take so long to sell or are so cheap.

Keep up the good work. I will be watching this.

Comment

Oneoffaccord yeah I bought the lip when I first bought the car, it's better then having no lip but it's not my favorite. I have a first molding replica lip but it's for a 99-00 so I need to mod it to fit. I'm also looking for an oem sir lip or the 96-98 Mugen lip, sir lips are a little pricey for the time being and Mugen is just plain hard to find!

Comment

Love it! Really nice mods, clean look and I LOVE the colour.

Comment

Working...
                          X