Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Ideal Audio Set Up Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideal Audio Set Up Thread

Hey guys. I was just wondering if some of you could tell me what you are runnin for audio set ups...
    I am looking for best Sound quality.
    So I will say that for me right now Budget is not an issue.....let me know what you got!
    Oh and so for my goals; I want to get as close to
    a 5.1 surround sound system as possible, cost is no option...I think that a 5.1 means that I have left, right channel, a sub of some sort, and a center channel....Idk for sure though, maybe one of you has some insight on tht subject....
    Last edited by zack_odom; 06-25-2007, 09:11 PM.

JL audio - Panasonic head unit - Phoenix Gold

I am running

Head unit :Panasonic ( CQ-VD6505U ) cd/mp3/wma/dvd receiver

Front: JL Audio ( XR525-CSi ) Two way 5.25 mid and 1" tweet

Rear: Nothing the back seat is becoming an amp rack when i get the time

Sub: JL Audio ( HO210R-W3v2 ) Two 10" subs

Class A/B Amplifier: JL Audio ( 300/2 ) to components

Class D Amplifier: JL Audio ( 500/1 ) to subs

Equalizer: ( Ti EQ30 ) Phoenix Gold Titanium Digital 30 band Graphic EQ

Capacitor: ( Powercore 15 ) Phoenix Gold Titanium 15 farad Cap

And yeah we probably shouldn't steal that guys thread...

201 Whp H22a with bolt ons, see the progress from stock f22a to now HERE

Comment

Hey dude I looked at the Panasonic Decks and it looks like the Alpine is goin in my Girlfiend's Sebring lol, Cuz I was at Car Toys today and they have a Panasonic there that has a COLOR screen....like 4098 colors or something....WOW!
      I want that one...So I am gonna see if they have it on Etronics...
      Now with that Setup there
      what kind of battery do you use?
      and also how complicated is it to hook up these:
      Class A/B Amplifier: JL Audio ( 300/2 ) to components

Class D Amplifier: JL Audio ( 500/1 ) to subs

Equalizer: ( Ti EQ30 ) Phoenix Gold Titanium Digital 30 band Graphic EQ....
      I am curious about the EQ myself. Will that help my SQ? It may sound ridiculous but I want to feel like I am at a rave when I put on Escape by DJ Airbase....
      Is that possible?

Comment

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6500
        Front Speakers: Infinity Reference 6022i 6.5"
        Rear Speakers: Infinity Reference 6022i 6.5"
        Amp: Pioneer 760 Watt GM5000T
        Sub: JL Audio 10"

Comment

Head unit: Clarion VRX765VD (indash DVD) soon to be the VRX766VD

AMP to subs: Phoenix Gold 1200ti

amp to Interior speakers:Phoenix Gold ZX450

3 Subs: JL 10W6V2

interior speakers: Diamond D651i and D661i 5.25 in front 6.5 in the back (crap)

Processor: Clarion DVC940 5.1 Processor/EQ

Center speaker: Clarion SRK5 center dash speaker

Tsunami 1 farad Cap

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
          My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

System setup

The battery in my cb7 is the one i got with it... i really don't know what kind it is. I am at college right now and the car is at home 600+ miles away or i would tell you. But the system is only running 800 watts which is easily done with a normal battery. One of the advantages of going with JL Audio is that they are efficient.

As for the setup for the amps, they are done the same as any other amp. Class a/b simply means it is a multiple channel amp (so is class C). That allows you to have stereo sound in your mids and highs instead of mono. the D class is a mono block that runs to the subs. with this setup i can run 3.1 surround sound. If you want too feel like you are at a rave then you probably will eventually want to go with a 5.1 setup like they use in home theaters. If you want this make sure the deck you buy supports it. You will also need another set of speakers (rear) to get for 5.1. If you are doing this make sure to not get a 2 channel amp for your mids and highs but a 4 channel. From JL Audio this would be the 300/4. It is the same price as the 300/2 i have.

The EQ is a different story though. To tell you the truth what i have is overkill times 1000. I only bought it because i got it really cheap compared to what it retailed for, as well as the cap. A good eclipse 7 or 10 band eq is good enough for everyday tuning. And yes it can improve sound quality. This is not to say that it will make you system louder!!! The idea behind Eq and all tuning for that matter is to find the weakest point in your setup and DECREASE the rest of the system to that level.

Sorry for the book, its my 30th post so got kinda excited.

Comment

Lol yeah!!! 30 post 4 ya sweet..
              But I see that OnBBS17 has a 5.1/EQ processor what is that?
              I want to have the warm? open? big? sound that I get from my home stereo..
              I am buying things too fast I guess...And are you saying that
              I need four speakers in back?
              I was gonna run Components front and rear....7-10 band...
              okay....then will my car feel like a Rave on wheels? lol
              Alright we are gettin some where.....how about Subs?
              how do people like their subs?
              Polk or something.....
              Okay So far it would seem that I need to
              Get one 4 channel amp for the two component sets.
              Then get one Mono? Amp for the Dual Voice Coil sub I choose...
              Okay. got it.
              But then for the 5.1 Surround sound.....
              I need an EQ of soome sort..and a Center Channel
              AH HA! OnBBS17 has a CENTER CHANNEL, so where did you put that thing?
              did you put it in the uh Air Fresner spot on the package tray?
              or somewhere else?
              And what kind of music do you listen to? Not to pry, just curious...

Comment

5.1 = hard 4.1 = easy

To do an actual set up for 5.1 in a car would require a center speaker, however many processors and decks allow you to transfer that sound to display equally from your front two speakers. This gives almost the same sound as 5.1 but with a much easier set up. Once more most decks (capable of 5.1) recognize that you don't have a center speaker if one is not hooked up and will do this automatically. Unfortunately i will not have my stereo in my car for a while now so i cant tell you how 3.1 sounds with a real system. I have watched dvd's in my cb7 but i have not had my stereo in it because it rattled like none other. (hence the dynamat install) If i am on top of it when i go home in about 5 weeks i will dynamat the rest of my interior and start my stereo install.

(Just as a side note i had my stereo in a 94 ranger before my cb7 so i know how it sounds, but i didn't have the dvd player then so i don't know how it sounds with movies)

Comment

Originally posted by Ghetto_CB7
                  As for the setup for the amps, they are done the same as any other amp. Class a/b simply means it is a multiple channel amp (so is class C). That allows you to have stereo sound in your mids and highs instead of mono. the D class is a mono block that runs to the subs.
                  Not quite. Class A/B and Class D are just a fancy way of describing how the signal gets processed and amplified.
                  Class A/B works on a much broader range of frequencies than class d, thats why many people use them as component amps. The downside is that they are less efficient than the class d amps.
                  Class D are digital amps which are more efficient than class a/b but usually works on a more narrow frequency band, such as subwoofer frequencies.
                  The good thing about class d is that the technology is improving and the amp can reproduce a greater band of frequencies now than it could a few years ago.
                  one more thing, there are many multi-channel class D amps but i dont recall any mono channel a/b amps.
                  Class D is catching up to class A/B in terms of sound quality though, so you could easily get away with having an all class d amplifier set-up.
                  Last edited by sonikaccord; 06-26-2007, 04:34 AM.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by zack_odom
                    Hey guys. I was just wondering if some of you could tell me what you are runnin for audio set ups...
                    I am looking for best Sound quality.
                    So I will say that for me right now Budget is not an issue.....let me know what you got!
                    Oh and so for my goals; I want to get as close to
                    a 5.1 surround sound system as possible, cost is no option...I think that a 5.1 means that I have left, right channel, a sub of some sort, and a center channel....Idk for sure though, maybe one of you has some insight on tht subject....
                    Ok. slow down. Don't get to ahead of yourself. First, ask yourself this. Do you really know what 5.1 surround is?
                    To technically have 5.1, you would need a front left, center, front right, rear left , and a rear right speaker with a sub. (fyi the .1 is the sub )
                    Thats not all. To fully enjoy the benefits of surround sound, you need a form of media with 5.1 content on it, such as a dvd, and a decoder which seperates the signals to their own channel/speaker.
                    All of that is really, imo, overkill in a vehicle for dd.
                    What would benefit you the most is a nice deck, i recommend eclipse.
                    Some very nice components, which really depend on the kind of sound you are looking for. INSTALL IS KEY WITH COMPONENTS. It could make or break the sound of them.
                    And of course a well balanced sub... i recommend a tc sounds tc3000. sorry i like bass lol.
                    This is how you should start off, if you feel like you need more sound, add a center channel. If you need more than that... well somebody will help you. I'm tired of typing lol.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Oh well then...So much for it being "5.1" or whatever
                      I just really want Clean powerful sound dude...
                      I have to have it, I have messed up so many systems on my cars in the past just going for loudness. that I just am hoping to get this one right ya know?
                      anyways thankls 4ht ecomments....But let's keep discussing this....
                      I want to know about the Component thing some more....

Comment

This is a good read for installing and tuning comps
                        http://www.sounddomain.com/ubbthread...page/0/fpart/1

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

This is my center speaker. Its has its on amp. I saw you askin about it.

http://clarion.com/us/en/products/20...912143075.html

The Wood grippin' - Mesh spinnin' Accord
                          My Ride | Cars from my trip to Japan | Japan II

Comment

Originally posted by sonikaccord
                            Not quite. Class A/B and Class D are just a fancy way of describing how the signal gets processed and amplified.
                            Class A/B works on a much broader range of frequencies than class d, thats why many people use them as component amps. The downside is that they are less efficient than the class d amps.
                            Class D are digital amps which are more efficient than class a/b but usually works on a more narrow frequency band, such as subwoofer frequencies.
                            The good thing about class d is that the technology is improving and the amp can reproduce a greater band of frequencies now than it could a few years ago.
                            one more thing, there are many multi-channel class D amps but i dont recall any mono channel a/b amps.
                            Class D is catching up to class A/B in terms of sound quality though, so you could easily get away with having an all class d amplifier set-up.
                            Yes there are becoming higher sound quality D class amps, however I do not think D has anything to do with "digital", D class work on a system that turns on and off transistors for a % of time where A/B/C use two transistor outputs to hold an idol signal (not efficient) The reason the "sound quality is not good" is because to use the on off transistor method for high frequencies your must also turn on and off your transistors much faster, this is hard to do and why primarily D are used for lower frequencies (subs)

And this is a beginner audio thread what i told him was not wrong, just incomplete, i appreciate your input but this isn't a war over who knows more about audio its an audio setup thread.
                            Last edited by Ghetto_CB7; 06-26-2007, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Yes, yes it is...But I enjoy the discussion...
                              Okay I see...That is some detailed info on components there dood...
                              WOW! well I guess I need to get started! I gotta get an Accord first lol..

Comment

Working...
                              X