Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

93 Accord race car Build/Questions thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ukemike View Post
    Are y'all going to make it to Thunderhill in September? I know it's a long shot with all that damage you took, but we'll be there in our 1991 Accord. It'd be extra fun to have two F22A1 CB7 Accords out there at the same time.
    Not goign to make it to Thunderhill, too far I wish I was going to race with you guys though.

What about Sonoma in December? I'm going to be there with my other team (GoPro). You guys will hate me, but its a BMW E28

Comment

Also I'm looking for a lower timing belt cover. Does anyone have one? After getting dirt in the timing belt and slipping timing TWICE, I'm going to to whatever I can to protect the belt from dirt.

Comment

Last weekend, removed the smashed parts and picked up junkyard fender, hood, bumper, core support, alternator for $110

Comment

Originally posted by aventari View Post
          Not goign to make it to Thunderhill, too far I wish I was going to race with you guys though.

What about Sonoma in December? I'm going to be there with my other team (GoPro). You guys will hate me, but its a BMW E28
          Wish you luck at Sears Point in December. I have my doubts that we will be doing that one. I for one will not have the money. Thunderhill is probably our last hurrah until my wife is out of gradschool and has a job again. Racing, even crap-car racing, is not for the poor.
          Last edited by ukemike; 08-04-2015, 09:10 AM.
          ==========================
          1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
          1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
          Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
          Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
          M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
          Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

I think I saw you guys on Roadkill ep42. The Rotsun!

Comment

Holy crap that is the Accord on Roadkill..

Comment

Love it. As another option, I did 90-93 DA Integra front upper control arms. Don't have to deal with the stupid adjustable cheap crap, and I got -3 degrees camber and +4 degrees caster. $75 shipped from Rock Auto, use Beck-Arnley stuff. Re-used the Accord Anchor bolts with the DA UCA's.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

what did you mean you used da upper control arms?

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                    I think I saw you guys on Roadkill ep42. The Rotsun!
                    Ahhh thanks! That's me on the roof at https://youtu.be/gbcyi_rGdjU?t=1617

lol

As for the control arms, I wanted the adjustability, even if they are cheap. I have 3.75 degrees in the front right now and that's about perfect, I think 3 degrees would be too little.

With tack welding the balljoints on, the Civic ebay arms worked great
                    Last edited by aventari; 09-16-2015, 03:02 PM.

Comment

Roadkill episode 42 @ 26:56 and just before that you can see the car on the track. Love the build man. Can't wait to do this with my 90 DX coupe next year. Thanks for posting the cage pictures. Helps a lot.
                      Last edited by F22A1forlife; 12-18-2015, 01:55 AM.

Comment

THIS THREAD

Love it.

Someday when I'm rich I hope to get a CB7 on the track for Lemons. Gingerman and Autobahn are where I'm most likely to turn up. In the mean time I'll just keep living vicariously through you guys. Thanks for keeping up the thread!

Comment

Love this build! Nice to see you guys on roadkill! Its funny how they couldn't even do 50 laps but you managed 200+ laps. Nice going!��

Comment

aventari,

Are you going to be at Sonoma in February??? CB7 Accord showdown?
                            ==========================
                            1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
                            1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
                            Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
                            Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
                            M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
                            Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

I will have to check out Roadkill. Not sure what that is but it sounds awesome! You and your team have done a lot of work to the CB. I really commend you on all the work that you guys accomplished.

Thank the lord no one was injured in the crash. 110 for all that from the junkyard is not that bad at all.

The yards around my way really kill you on price. I try and haggle and if i am unsuccessful, I leave.

Comment

Hey all, so it's time to update the thread, I'm racing in June!
                                Chumpcar, Auto Club Speedway June 4-5
                                http://chumpcar.com/

Since the last race, I've mostly just been fixing the smashed up parts and the bent frame from the crash
                                Here's the view from the car my bro hit
                                https://www.facebook.com/faustest/vi...5662094195459/

So since then, I got the frame straightened ($370), got the car aligned again, gutted the new hood, and put all the new body parts back together.

This last weekend my friend and I
                                Installed and automatic fire suppression syste-- the 2.25 liter system here (http://www.racingfiresystems.com/Rac...d_Systems.html)
                                Fabricated a center console panel for fire system handle
                                Welded front motor mount solid as the urethane inserts I made had disitegrated.
                                Replaced cracked IAB vacuum line
                                Bled brakes and clutch with Motul RBF600
                                Welded front upper ball joints to Ebay adjustable arms, as the tiny bolts that hold the joints are quite flimsy
                                And added killswitch cable pull to center console

I didn't take enough pics but here's the fire system. Two nozzles, one pointed at the engine and one pointed at the drivers dick

I got this underdrive pulley for $38 on Ebay, it came dented in the mail so I filed the dented part back away from the belt. I'm taking it to the machine shop to have it balanced tomorrow.

Welding motor mount solid:

This plate is overkill, I should've just made both sides like the first strip of metal

I'm going to be working on the car non stop until June and I'll try to keep this thread updated.

Originally posted by ukemike View Post
                                aventari,

Are you going to be at Sonoma in February??? CB7 Accord showdown?
                                I didn't make it, how was your race??
                                Last edited by aventari; 05-03-2016, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X