Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

BB6 Dash swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any updates on this??
    to achieve a Fuck, you must first give a Fuck
    Follow me on twitter @tru_whitetrash

Comment

I was just wondering the same thing Chris lol. He's keeping us in suspense.

Comment

HURRY UP! My erection is fading. =p

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
        -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

My best guess is one of two things happened, he has a case of "Life" or he's wrapping up the finishing touches with this project
          ~~~~~~~

Comment

Pfft,... life.... Who needs that ?

-1992 CB7 EX w/H22 [sold 10/09]
            -2005 Legacy GT limited [current]

Comment

You are awesome.

Comment

looking good bro

Comment

whem put his car away for winter, project is probably on hold till it's not below zero :]

Comment

dude mad props for all the hard work. keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
                      I was just wondering the same thing Chris lol. He's keeping us in suspense.
                      Sorry for the suspense...believe me it's killin' me too!

Originally posted by pwrusr View Post
                      My best guess is one of two things happened, he has a case of "Life" or he's wrapping up the finishing touches with this project
                      Well, I've moved back onto my basement remodel...but the interior is still in the works.

Originally posted by F22HB View Post
                      You are awesome.
                      Thanks!

Originally posted by ikayto View Post
                      whem put his car away for winter, project is probably on hold till it's not below zero :]
                      Project is not exactly on hold, the good thing is that my car is being stored in a heated shop around the corner from my friend's shop where the upholstery is being done. It should be completed and ready to take photos well before I actually get it out of storage to start driving/autocrossing it again this spring!

Originally posted by reccakun08 View Post
                      dude mad props for all the hard work. keep it up!
                      Thanks! I'm thinking it'll be back to working on the engine and making more power after this project...That'll be next winter if all goes well.

Thanks for checking back on my thread guys! I appreciate all the support and motivation it gives me.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

That's gonna look totally sick when you finish it.

1992 Lx Sedan, b18 obd1 swap (swaping trans)
                        1993 Ex Sedan, f23 sohc vtech swap (totaled by an excursion )
                        1991 Ex Coupe (New Daily Driver)
                        1984 300zx Turbo (drift car)

Comment

Yo, can't wait to see the finished product! >.< It's gonna look awesome!
                          Keep up the good work, bro!

Comment

very nice! I can always look to fellow cb7tuners for inspirations.

Question: Could you tell tell me what paint you used for the door handles. i'm having trouble getting mine to stick. and also, is there a need to clear coat any interior plastic pieces?

Comment

Originally posted by jokerxfn View Post
                              very nice! I can always look to fellow cb7tuners for inspirations.

Question: Could you tell tell me what paint you used for the door handles. i'm having trouble getting mine to stick. and also, is there a need to clear coat any interior plastic pieces?
                              Well, first I soaked the chrome piece in bleach. It takes a while, but gets the chrome off. After that, I sanded it down with 240 grit to make it smooth. Then I used a red 3M scotchbrite pad to scuff it down, same with the plastic trim piece. Scuffing is a very important part of ensuring that the paint sticks. Once it's scuffed, use a degreaser to clean it well. Then spray on a coat of primer, followed by your color of choice. Flat black is what I used. If you spray on multiple (like 6 or 7) light coats, spraying from a distance of 8 inches or so, you'll get that grainy textured look that looks more OEM than just laying on one or two heavy coats. The final key is letting it fully cure for at least a day before putting it back together and using it. You don't need to clearcoat your parts, especially if you're using spray cans since it's not catalyzed anyway. But, if you want that added protection you can do it. There is also a decent selection of regular clear, matte clear, or flat clear to help you acheive the final look that you want.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by wherm View Post
                                Well, first I soaked the chrome piece in bleach. It takes a while, but gets the chrome off. After that, I sanded it down with 240 grit to make it smooth. Then I used a red 3M scotchbrite pad to scuff it down, same with the plastic trim piece. Scuffing is a very important part of ensuring that the paint sticks. Once it's scuffed, use a degreaser to clean it well. Then spray on a coat of primer, followed by your color of choice. Flat black is what I used. If you spray on multiple (like 6 or 7) light coats, spraying from a distance of 8 inches or so, you'll get that grainy textured look that looks more OEM than just laying on one or two heavy coats. The final key is letting it fully cure for at least a day before putting it back together and using it. You don't need to clearcoat your parts, especially if you're using spray cans since it's not catalyzed anyway. But, if you want that added protection you can do it. There is also a decent selection of regular clear, matte clear, or flat clear to help you acheive the final look that you want.
                                Perfect! That's exactly what I need to hear. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X