E46 ///M3 or E92 ///M3?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E46 ///M3 or E92 ///M3?!?

So what do you folks think? The new 2008 E92 ///M3 debuted a couple days ago at the Geneva show. Some people love it and some people hate it. Some say they like the new look and some say the E46 M3 is classic.

Pictures and Info can be found here:

2008 BMW E92 ///M3

Trade in my E46 M3 for one? Or keep mine and Turbo this biatch? I only have 5700 miles on my ///M3 so it's pretty much brand new. What do you guys think?

Pictures of MY car and info can be found here:

2005 Alpine White E46 BMW ///M3

Give me some feedback. Thanks a bunch!
    2005 Alpine White E46 BMW M3 - 1990 Honda Accord EX

From nothing other then appearance, I say E46 all the way, I like how its a lil bot more boxy, esp in the rear.

Nice car

Comment

i say, give me your current M3 and just buy the newer model.

it all depends on your preference really. the newer model 335i already beats out the last model M3.

CB7 --> EG2 --> ZN6

Comment

ah, get a CB!
        R.I.P.

AzN VtEc PoWeR (6:38:35 PM): im gonna go shit in someones cereal

Comment

i say drive the hell out of your e46 for another 5000miles then trade it for the e92

Comment

Originally posted by casterX
            i say drive the hell out of your e46 for another 5000miles then trade it for the e92
            i 2nd that! Nice e46 you got there.

Comment

E30

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

ill take the E46 over that bloated lookin E92 any day.

Comment

i love the looks of the e92, its nice and understated. it loos lie its saying "sure i look layed back and cool, but get on my bad side and i will bitch-slap you" its kindof the feeling im going for with my cb my favorite 3 series of all, though, is the e36 m3. bmw got it right with that one. nice and light, awesome 6 cylinder, and it looks awesome.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                  Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                  'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                  Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

the new m3 might have all these toys, V8, trick gear box, and all that, but its styling is horrible...it just looks too normal to me...even the interior looks more Jaguar that BMW....

honestly...the last M3 was killer...the I6 engine, the interior, the exterior....its well put together and well proportioned... E46 gets my vote.
                    DEVOTE

Comment

I'm amazed you guys don't like the looks of the E92. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it, and now that I've seen actual, non-photoshopped pictures of the new M3...man. The only thing I'm skeptical about is the switching from an I6 to a V8. Not sure how much added weight that makes, but I dunno. Just seems to me like a BMW should have an I6.

Comment

I'm a huge BMW fan and I saw E46 ftw if looks is a major factory but go E92 for speed. I would keep the E46 tho, I look that car or just get a alpina B10 v12
                        1993 Accord LX - Sold
                        93 BMW 525it - SOLD
                        92 Accord EX Sedan - SOLD
                        2000 Accord Coupe - Traded-In
                        2003 Accord V6 6spd Coupe - Sold
                        2001 Honda Civic Ex - SOLD
                        2013 Chevy Traverse LTZ - Kid hauler
                        2003 Acura Tl 3.2 - Daily Commuter

Comment

Originally posted by xKingDomeCB7
                          i say, give me your current M3 and just buy the newer model.

it all depends on your preference really. the newer model 335i already beats out the last model M3.
                          From Car and Driver's test, the M3 has a faster 1/4 mile. 13.1@106mph vs. the 335i's 13.5@106.

However the M3 is slower to by almost a second. That can be due to an extra shift.

Comment

Originally posted by KillerCam282
                            From Car and Driver's test, the M3 has a faster 1/4 mile. 13.1@106mph vs. the 335i's 13.5@106.

However the M3 is slower to by almost a second. That can be due to an extra shift.

You're right and wrong. The E46 M3 is no doubt faster. It does 0-60mph in 4.7 seconds and the 1/4 mile in 13.1 seconds. The E90 335i does 0-60 in 5.3 seconds and BMW NA states it at 5.5 seconds.

And when you say the M3 is slower by almost a second, it's true ONLY from 30-60mph in 6th gear!! But who on earth is in 6th gear goin from 30-60mph?? It's a stupid test imo. In EVERY aspect, the M3 is still no doubts faster. I've had first hand experience and never lost to a 335i.

To everyone else, Thanks for the input! I still like the E46 M3 much better than the newer E92.
                            2005 Alpine White E46 BMW M3 - 1990 Honda Accord EX

Comment

I think the new M3 is one of the best BMW's designed yet. Most people do NOT like Chris Bangle's design. I think they are superb, classy, and display a sublte agressiveness that no one has been able to replicate.

the E92 M3 is the new Milestone....my new goal......now I HAVE to be wealthy.
                              14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Working...
                              X