Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

DIY Black Housing for 9293 OEM Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you sir
    visit vgruk

Comment

I remember reading somewhere that spraying your bulbs is a bad idea. But then again its your high beams, you wont use it too often.

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
      My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
      Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Yes, your bulbs will burn out faster being painted. Anything on the glass of the bulb will stop the bulb from dissapating heat properly causing it to heat up too much and burn out.

Comment

Would you do the same method on 1-piecers? or do some come black housed?

Comment

I'm not sure if it's been asked before, pardon me if it has, but if I didn't want to blackhouse my headlights and only stain glass yellow the high beam side, would I only have to mask off the high beam side and spray the glass yellow?
            Last edited by JFrost7; 10-27-2012, 04:19 PM.

Comment

You never spray the glass.

And no stock CB lights come blackhoused. The procedure is the same for all.

Comment

Originally posted by erknee916 View Post
                Would you do the same method on 1-piecers? or do some come black housed?
                Yes, however if you have a set of one piece headlights i wouldnt recommend doing this DIY because one piece headlights are usually pretty dope to begin with.

but if you did want to then yes its essentially the same thing. just be watchful for the oven times, the taping, and the yellow highbeam.

taping would be a little more difficult considering you may not know what to tape exactly. Just always leave the reflective part behind the bulb chrome and you shouldnt have an issue.

also some one piece headlights have a chrome lip around them which may not be possible to remove without damaging it. Im unsure but i wouldnt mess with those.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz11 View Post
                  I remember reading somewhere that spraying your bulbs is a bad idea. But then again its your high beams, you wont use it too often.
                  ya it definitely is a bad idea which is why i said use a spare set and that it was a sketchy alternative.

i dont recommend using painted bulbs as a reliable function just because the integrity of the bulb is compromised when it heats up.

im doing it because i was so excited i finished my project that i decided to use my spares to get more of the yellow effect.

Comment

Originally posted by JFrost7 View Post
                    I'm not sure if it's been asked before, pardon me if it has, but if I didn't want to blackhouse my headlights and only stain glass yellow the high beam side, would I only have to mask off the high beam side and spray the glass yellow?
                    In your case, I think it would be easier to just apply yellow vinyl film to the high beam side, instead of opening them up and spraying them. Kinda tacky in my opinion, but it works.

Comment

Yo good DIY im actually considering doing it myself now.

Comment

Working...
                      X