• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Cold chisel it?

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
      Haha. It has been a long vigilant battle but the bolt is still the victorious one.

....God dam thing is not budging ! .... I've done everything but take a hack-saw to it and heat it. Hack saw will take an eternity a and I have no heat .

So I I sit here trying to think outside the box. .....
      Well at least you have the TSX for now. I guess make friends with someone who has heat to cut it off, but in the mean time drop the sub frame just so when you do figure it out you can cut it off and put right back in. I still vote for the upgraded Acura set up but that is more parts to source and can be expensive quick.
      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Ug, I really don't want to drop the sub frame again (gas tank replacement was the first time). Just called Honda and they do have this bolt ($16.65 +tax) and since they have super hot girls working at this dealership I'll go get that bolt today. Then I'll have to spend probably 30min under the car meticulously cutting through this bolt. & I don't think the whole hack-saw will fit in there so I'll have to just use the blade in my hand....... ohhh fun.

As for the Acura...... hmm. Got two body shop quotes for her. Both where $4800 to fix all the body work. Which is what I paid for the car, so I'm not sure what to do about that. It also needs wheels.

Comment

Do you have an air hammer? i'm betting that could drive the bolt out.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucien View Post
            Do you have an air hammer? i'm betting that could drive the bolt out.
            I do. & haven't tried it yet. But i did beat on the bolt with a 5lbs hammer for about 2 minutes straight and it didn't move 1mm.

I'll try the air hammer tonight and see what it can do. No harm as my next step is to cut the biatch...

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              I do. & haven't tried it yet. But i did beat on the bolt with a 5lbs hammer for about 2 minutes straight and it didn't move 1mm.

I'll try the air hammer tonight and see what it can do. No harm as my next step is to cut the biatch...

thanks
              Yeah, give it a shot. The super fast impacts on the bolt will break stuff loose that seem impossible to get out. Mine's saved my sanity a few times already, when i was ready to set the damn car on fire. lol

Comment

Well. Impact / chisel did not work. ..... so 3 hours and 40min of holding a hacksaw blade in my hand lying under the car. Pretty sure I'm going good to be sore tomorrow

that sucked ass. ...!

Comment

Holy crap!
                  '93 H22A 5SPD SE - MRT - DIY-Turbo Sizing

Comment

trust me ive beeeeeeeeeen there, that is not a fun experience. its always ONE side, too...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
                    - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
                    - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
                    - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
                    - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
                    Current cars:
                    - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
                    - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
                      trust me ive beeeeeeeeeen there, that is not a fun experience. its always ONE side, too...
                      Ya! And the last bolt of the 4! I swear this better be the last seized bolt on the car I have to deal with! But that was not fun, I finished it at 11:30pm. So all I have to do now is cleanup the area that is hacked to shit, throw some paint/undercoating on it and put the new arms in.

And even if I went to a shop, I'm not sure how they would get this out. Set the rubber on fire I guess.

Comment

Damn, that must've sucked something fierce. Glad you finally got it out, though!

Comment

Damn, that must've sucked something fierce. Glad you finally got it out, though!
                          Ya. When i get home I'm going to put it in a vice and see how much pressure it takes to make it pop out!

Comment

Had a cold all weekend, was sleeping 16 hours a day, etc. Hit me Friday night really hard! But managed to get some work done still...

FFC rear lower arms installed. Looks good. The one on the passenger side does hit the exhaust but no biggie.

This pic still makes me think.... something is missing...

Say fini here, but i still need a filter

I plan to have this baby running by next weekend. The day I drive her again will be a nervous joyous adventure
                            Last edited by Raf99; 09-04-2017, 07:48 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X