Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Most Powerful Naturally Aspirated CB7 List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

156whp; 146 ft/lb
    Engine: H23a1

Crower stage 2 cam
    Comp stage 2 clutch
    Skunk2 70mm throttle body
    brand new valves and high rev springs
    spectre intake and filter, soon to done away with though
    2.5" mendrel bent exhaust w/ megan racing headers, megan racing 5" carbon fiber muffler
    stock rods and crank
    Hondata S200 w/ P28
    tuned on 93 octane

Last edited by thumping_accord; 02-18-2013, 05:02 PM.

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Bravo!!!! You couldn't imagine my awe to see an H23A1 up here!!!! To be honest I didn't even know Crower made cams for the H23A1. Is it Crower or Brian Crower?
      '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

Originally posted by deevergote
      If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Originally posted by Joey GT-R View Post
        Bravo!!!! You couldn't imagine my awe to see an H23A1 up here!!!! To be honest I didn't even know Crower made cams for the H23A1. Is it Crower or Brian Crower?
        Its Crower, I had to wait 4 weeks to get the cams after I bought them. i had to order them through a race shop in town cause its not something they produce alot of, but it was well worth the wait.

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

1990 Accord EX coupe AT-MT swap
          F22a 154hp/150tq

F22a6 block bored .020" over
          Wiseco 8.8:1 85.5mm pistons
          Forged 4340 chromoly H-beam rods
          Calico coated ACL bearings
          F22a6 windage tray
          Bisimoto 1.2 turbo cam
          Bisimoto valve springs and retainers
          Bisimoto cam gear
          Si Valves stainless steel valves
          H23 intake manifold
          IAB plate with butterfly delete
          Skunk2 68mm throttle body
          3" short ram intake
          DC Sports header
          2.5" exhaust with RSX-S muffler
          Unorthodox Racing crank and alternator pulleys
          KS balance shaft delete
          ACT Prolite flywheel
          H23 5spd MT

Tuned with Hondata S300 on 91 octane

This motor will remain in NA form until I complete the turbo kit.

Sorry there is no torque curve, I had to dig through old files just to find this graph.
          RED LINE is current power output.
          BLUE LINE is mostly "stock" F22a4 with 251k miles for comparison
          Last edited by F22Turbo702; 11-15-2012, 01:53 AM.
          SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
          -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Can i just clarify, the hp numbers that are being posted in the last couple of posts are WHP or FHP?

UKDM 93 CB3 Page (1) H22A U2Q7 LSD
            UKDM 91 4ws Page (3) OEM Minter
            NOW H22A U2Q7 SWAPPED

Comment

Not to disrespect anyone's build, but there are engines out there with much more power n/a than those listed. 2point6 is a good example. The documentation is already on this forum too. You just have to search...

Not trying to be a jerk, but this isn't "official" unless all cases are there. Right now, we're just saying whoever pays attention to this thread has the most powerful CB7.

Also, deep pockets can net you huge power with relatively small knowledge...i.e. a shop built your motor.

A horsepower to dollars spent ranking would be awesome
              There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

2point6's engine hasn't been in his CB7 in a VERY long time. It only made roughly 250whp in the CB7 (which has long been my benchmark). Anything beyond that is in his Civic. The CB7 now has (or had, depending on whether or not it was sold or parted) a turbo K24.

I agree that hp/$ would be a cool thing to see. These days, it's not hard to send a $50 F22A to Bisimoto, write a 4-5 figure check, and get a beast of a motor in return.

This thread is mainly for the most powerful ACTIVE CB7tuner members. If someone hasn't posted on this forum in the past year, they're not exactly a member of the community. Until they say "hey, I'm back... and I win!" they're not really even worth mentioning. Chances are good that there are far more powerful CB7s out there that just aren't represented on this site. I know a few people are turned off by our "strict" rules... or by the simple fact that I'm a douche (no quotes there... that's obvious... )

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                  2point6's engine hasn't been in his CB7 in a VERY long time. It only made roughly 250whp in the CB7 (which has long been my benchmark). Anything beyond that is in his Civic. The CB7 now has (or had, depending on whether or not it was sold or parted) a turbo K24.

I agree that hp/$ would be a cool thing to see. These days, it's not hard to send a $50 F22A to Bisimoto, write a 4-5 figure check, and get a beast of a motor in return.

This thread is mainly for the most powerful ACTIVE CB7tuner members. If someone hasn't posted on this forum in the past year, they're not exactly a member of the community. Until they say "hey, I'm back... and I win!" they're not really even worth mentioning. Chances are good that there are far more powerful CB7s out there that just aren't represented on this site. I know a few people are turned off by our "strict" rules... or by the simple fact that I'm a douche (no quotes there... that's obvious... )
                  If this is most powerful active cb7's, then I agree. Maybe we need four distinct threads:

1) Most powerful ACTIVE N/A CB7s
                  2) Most powerful N/A CB7s of all time
                  3) Most powerful ACTIVE FI CB7s
                  4) Most powerful FI CB7s of all time

Comment

Perhaps.

That would require some digging, though. And the "all time" winners may not be around to support their claims. We had a guy from HI that said he made over 700hp and ran 9s. He was asked for timeslips and dyno charts. He disappeared.

Comment

Perhaps.

That would require some digging, though. And the "all time" winners may not be around to support their claims. We had a guy from HI that said he made over 700hp and ran 9s. He was asked for timeslips and dyno charts. He disappeared.
                      The "All time" list would have its caveats of course. If it is somewhere, anywhere, on this forum with timeslips or dynocharts, etc. then it goes up. Otherwise, it doesn't. Like you said, there might be people creeping in the darkness that don't post their crazy builds on forums...I know many guys like that....but the point is to pretend like the world is flat...and the world is this forum.

Comment

True...
                        Though you realize you may find yourself as yet another forum moderator... charged with the task of researching and maintaining those "all time" threads (unless Joey wants to give it a shot... his enthusiasm is impressive.)

Comment

True...
                          Though you realize you may find yourself as yet another forum moderator... charged with the task of researching and maintaining those "all time" threads (unless Joey wants to give it a shot... his enthusiasm is impressive.)
                          I'm a suspension moderator...though my free time will go up a good amount after December since I'm graduating....

If you give me this task, let it be known that I will be a hard ass about it. No undeniable proof? No care.

Samurai/Ninja/whatever edit: Joey should do it....don't want to steal his thunder.

Comment

I don't mind doing it...but I would have them in the post I reserved for archived builds. I don't want to steal the thunder of the active community that soldiers on. Keep in mind Deev you know my limitations at the moment, so when I am on I spend the majority of my time modding P&P and answering noobs, so it will be on the backburner until I am more enabled.

I talk to Scott on a somewhat "regular basis"; and when he means he is retired, he is RETIRED. I can barely get anything out of the guy these days. But I respect his decision on moving forward in life.

What I DON'T WANT, is a thread of 20 builds from 3-5+ years ago with nobody to talk about it. Keep in mind our cars are pushing close to the 25 year mark now, and interest will decline as newer platforms become easier to undertake. (I plan on purchasing a CS2 myself around tax time) It will be nice to relive the "glory days" but I don't want the community to rest on its "laurels".
                            '94 JDM H22A: 178whp 146wtq

If you say double dutch rudder, i'm banning you...

Comment

Checking back in since I got a retune with header and exhaust..

Comment

Ah poo I want to be a MOD too. There are some posts I just don't even look that have bad spelling and such and a few other rules that are broken!! LOL oh well I figure my day will come!!!
                                The CB7 Collector.
                                Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
                                92 LX Coupe F22A1
                                2013 Toyota Corolla S
                                92 EX Sedan F22A1
                                Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Working...
                                X