No announcement yet.

LosiRacer2 : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on the time and day, we could probably set up a mini cruise or something. Biggest issue has been the intensity of rain in the afternoons, and now we are transitioning into the fall windy season, but we could probably work it out.

Also, that road tends to be really busy this time of year. But with enough notice we could probably work something out.
    The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

holy shit dude sick build thread you got here. i love how you document everything.
      lost but not forgotten 9-11-01

Comment

Originally posted by owequitit View Post
        It will be a lot more fun, but the lack of LSD will kill the buzz quite a bit.
        yeah I really wish I had one, but for 100 bucks for a JDM tranny that shifts perfectly, I'm not complaining lol. The first week I had it, I smoked the tires by accident leaving a Best Buy parking lot. I wasn't used to the amount of power I had w/ the 5spd. It made me smile just smelling tire smoke

Does your H trans have an LSD? Yours is the US version right?

Depending on the time and day, we could probably set up a mini cruise or something. Biggest issue has been the intensity of rain in the afternoons, and now we are transitioning into the fall windy season, but we could probably work it out.

Also, that road tends to be really busy this time of year. But with enough notice we could probably work something out.
        True, it is getting colder. We almost didn't reach 100 today haha. When do you think is the absolute latest for going up there? I gotta see when I'm free. I'm sure I can schedule a weekend off or something.

Originally posted by bigluelok View Post
        holy shit dude sick build thread you got here. i love how you document everything.
        Thanks man, I document for you guys! I know there are a lot of DIYs out there, but not a lot of good ones w/ pics and stuff, so since I've got a camera handy, I might as well take a few snapshots....it doesn't take THAT much longer right?
        Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
        Mount Lemmon Highway.
        That is a badass road, I luckily got to drive it once. But on the second time, I went with this AZHT local honda club and got busted by the undercover cops, in a sorta sting operation. They had the road blocked off and pulled us over and wrote us up for the dumbest violations. So i'm never going there again.

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
          yeah I really wish I had one, but for 100 bucks for a JDM tranny that shifts perfectly, I'm not complaining lol. The first week I had it, I smoked the tires by accident leaving a Best Buy parking lot. I wasn't used to the amount of power I had w/ the 5spd. It made me smile just smelling tire smoke

Does your H trans have an LSD? Yours is the US version right?
          There is no US tranny with LSD. But yes, mine has LSD.

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
            I finally wired them up after 8 hrs of labor/modification, phewww that was tough. Worked on these from 4pm til 12am lol and its freeezing now. First had to use the dremel and cut the Lexus plastic knubs off and then use the sanding bit. Had to cut some plastic fins off the bumper in the area, so they would fit. Then soldered the two wires into the extra 16 gauge wire, grounded them onto the car. Next had to wire them from the front bumper through the firewall, up into the dash and crimp them into an Autozone switch i bought, which I also had to fasten into the dummy panel in the dash. Works really well actually. Then grounded the switch to the cigaretter lighter and ran a power wire to the #1 pin in the fusebox under the dash. Thanks to CleanJDM who told me what goes where, wire wise. Okay the LONG awaited pics haha:

This does not affect the brightness of the fogs, its just the outer glass cover, the real projectors are inside in a watertight metal casing, with not a scratch on them.

With flash^^^ didn't turn out well so i turned flash off for rest of pics

55watts of H3 POWA!

Switch i got for 6 bucks installed in the middle, making my total for this project $14.

Switch lit up, only works when all lights are off however, gotta fix that...err

^^^^ they light up the road REALLY well, but still need to be adjusted and secured with a bracket somehow

^^^with parking lights and headlights on

^^^with everything on: headlights, highbeams, and fogs
            Can you take pictures where you ran the cable for the fog and how did you get the switch and the cable on the dashboard?

Comment

Originally posted by lazeepnoy View Post
              Can you take pictures where you ran the cable for the fog and how did you get the switch and the cable on the dashboard?
              well i basically had a ground for each fog to the rad. support bolts (10mm) and then I ran both wires on the D/S fender using this sheeth I bought at Autozone, like 8 ft of it or so.

I next connected both wires from the fog and ran it up to the center part of the dash, if you look, there's a dummy switch cover, i cut a hole in that and put the switch in. I then grounded that switch to the cig lighter and then had another wire running from the inside fusebox to get power (pin 1). So total the switch (autozone rocker LED switch) has 3 wires, Ground, Power and the both fog light wires spliced together into one pin. On the switch box it should say which wire goes where.

member's ride thread
              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Just curious..whered you get your clear corners? I can never find clear corners with reflectors

Comment

Originally posted by CbCl7 View Post
                  Just curious..whered you get your clear corners? I can never find clear corners with reflectors
                  I got them on Ebay like in Nov' 2004. I got them the same time with my clear bumper lights. I think they were pretty cheap, like $27 shipped.

I found some, I think they're identical to mine:
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Clear...=p4506.c0.m245
                  Last edited by Losiracer2; 10-01-2009, 02:33 AM.

member's ride thread
                  91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Mountain season is growing to an end...

Comment

Your car looks awesome man. I looked through all 24 pages just so I can see all the pics u posted.

Comment

Mountain season is growing to an end...
                        haha mountain season? you mean good driving season? shit i better come up there soon to take advantage of the weather.

member's ride thread
                        91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Originally posted by dakiid View Post
                          Your car looks awesome man. I looked through all 24 pages just so I can see all the pics u posted.
                          wow its 24 pages now? i remember when i did my first post and everyone complained i needed a lip haha.

member's ride thread
                          91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Hey man, ar eyou gunna go to HIN at Firebird in December? some friends of mine want me to go but I am not sure and I dont want to be the only CB in attendence.

Comment

Originally posted by RagingAsian View Post
                              Hey man, ar eyou gunna go to HIN at Firebird in December? some friends of mine want me to go but I am not sure and I dont want to be the only CB in attendence.
                              Idk, isn't it just for show cars? mines really not THAT spectacular...paints faded on the roof, the hood doesn't line up flush (bad VIS mold I guess) lol.

member's ride thread
                              91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

I guess I want to bump my thread? lol. The only thing I've done recently is I finally fixed my back-up lights. I searched and eventually found CPmike's thread on how to do it.

I'm thinking about getting a Short Shifter now, even though I've got the shorter throws of the 92-96 Lude' shifter, I feel like I can improve w/ an SS. I found a guy who's making some, modeled after the Forbidden SS. He claims its slightly better, a little heavier, so it'll provide smoother, more positive shifts. Only wants 100 bucks shipped if you get it when the group buy is goin' on...which should be through Christmas.

Here's the link for the group buy: http://preludepower.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322496

member's ride thread
                                91 Accord SE 176k

Comment

Working...
                                X