F23 intake swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F23 intake swap

So i was traveling the automotive world and i came accross interesting information, apparently the F23 intake manifold yields gains upwards of 10HP on F22B motors. Honda Tech folks claim 30hp gain from F23 intake manifold, H23 throttle body and tune, as to whether this is true or not i am uncertain but one must admit that if those gains are proven then it is a pretty good cost effective mod.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

I think it's around 10hp across the board roughly over the stock F22B1 and F22B2 engines. If you port out the intake you can another ~10 hp across the board. Look into Chrisnick's thread, he's running the F23Ax in his car and ported the intake and gained 10 hp across the board.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty much the same as CB guys swapping an H23 throttle body and upper intake manifold to the F22A6 runners on any F22A cylinder head. The added HP is based on the larger plenum supplying a larger volume of air at initial cylinder filling and the larger throttle body and shorter runners for HP in higher RPM ranges.
      Last edited by GhostAccord; 02-22-2017, 07:16 PM.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Working...
      X