Quick update from me, Buzz11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick update from me, Buzz11

I haven't been active on here for awhile, maybe a few months. But just a quick update from me regarding the cb7.

I've been feeling that it is time to move on for quite some time now. And it took me awhile to figure out what to do. Since I have a 7yr old daughter (and maybe more kids in the near future) I have to move on to a newer and bigger sedan. I've been finding myself losing interest slowly in the cb7, along with little to no time to work on cars. After some consideration, it is time to move on to a new platform...
    I already bought a new(er) car, and the registration on the cb7 expires at the end of february. For the time being, I will be enjoying the last month with the cb7.
    I dont plan on leaving cb7tuner. I feel that this site is very organized and has great members and moderators to back it up. This site has taught me ALOT. And that, i thankful for.
    A part out will be happening sooner or later after the car is off the road

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
    My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
    Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Life happens and tastes change. Eventually everyone moves on to something newer or different. But ones passion for cars usually never dies.

I have never owned a CB. However, I was drawn in my the F22A and have always stuck around due to the fact that the members and moderators are really down to earth and share a common appreciation for all things automotive. No matter what the make or model.

Cheers!
    MR Thread
    GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

lol its alright, we will forgive you. a lot of members have moved on but still stayed. i havent had my cb for a really long time now.
      I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

It's always sad when people move on, but I'm glad you'll still be around here! You'll always be welcome.

What did you get to replace it?
        When my car got smashed in December 2015, I picked up a 1990 Miata to play with. TOTALLY different from the CB7. I miss the CB, and I may find myself back in one someday... but there are just too many fun cars out there to play with at the moment. Not enough time, money, or space to dedicate to such a familiar project. I, of course, will always be here regardless. I loved my car, but this community has always meant more to me than the car itself ever did.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          It's always sad when people move on, but I'm glad you'll still be around here! You'll always be welcome.

When my car got smashed in December 2015, I picked up a 1990 Miata to play with. TOTALLY different from the CB7. I miss the CB, and I may find myself back in one someday... but there are just too many fun cars out there to play with at the moment. Not enough time, money, or space to dedicate to such a familiar project. I, of course, will always be here regardless. I loved my car, but this community has always meant more to me than the car itself ever did.
          I never realized how roomy those small cars are. they are small on the outside and got a good amount of room inside.

Comment

I don't see my cb7 as a grocery getter, but I'm pretty sure others do. Some people ask and all i say is "it could of been any car really..., this is just one of the firsts and I like it".

I imagine others are thinking.... "wtf.... why did that guy spice up an old person car?"

I wish i had the $ to try other cars. I've heard of people having BMWs and missing their cb7. Right now, that blows my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
              I never realized how roomy those small cars are. they are small on the outside and got a good amount of room inside.
              Plenty of room for me, at 6'0 and 240lbs (I got fat... ) Not much room for anything else, though! We tried going grocery shopping in the Miata... not a good idea.

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              I don't see my cb7 as a grocery getter, but I'm pretty sure others do. Some people ask and all i say is "it could of been any car really..., this is just one of the firsts and I like it".

I imagine others are thinking.... "wtf.... why did that guy spice up an old person car?"

I wish i had the $ to try other cars. I've heard of people having BMWs and missing their cb7. Right now, that blows my mind.
              I always liked that my CB7 was underestimated. It wasn't a commonplace Civic. It wasn't a sports car. Your car is very close to what I'd like to have built myself in terms of appearance, honestly.
              The CB7 has a charm, for sure. I love my CTS-V. I love my Miata. I've loved plenty of cars. But I have yet to find one that feels like "home" like the CB7 did. Even the Fit didn't feel quite like home. I put about 140,000 miles on the CB7, and 390,000 on the Fit... that's twice the miles of the CB7, plus 100,000 MORE! And The CB7 still felt like home. Dunno if/when I'll get another, but it'll forever be one of my favorites. I've since driven a few friends' CB7s, and I still feel right at home (though not as much as I did in my own.)
              There are "better" cars for practically every purpose. More luxurious, more comfortable, more efficient, more "stylish", more powerful... but the CB7 captures what seems to be a rare mix of all of it. Something I have yet to find replicated in anything else.

Comment

Plenty of room for me, at 6'0 and 240lbs (I got fat... ) Not much room for anything else, though! We tried going grocery shopping in the Miata... not a good idea.

I always liked that my CB7 was underestimated. It wasn't a commonplace Civic. It wasn't a sports car. Your car is very close to what I'd like to have built myself in terms of appearance, honestly.
                The CB7 has a charm, for sure. I love my CTS-V. I love my Miata. I've loved plenty of cars. But I have yet to find one that feels like "home" like the CB7 did. Even the Fit didn't feel quite like home. I put about 140,000 miles on the CB7, and 390,000 on the Fit... that's twice the miles of the CB7, plus 100,000 MORE! And The CB7 still felt like home. Dunno if/when I'll get another, but it'll forever be one of my favorites. I've since driven a few friends' CB7s, and I still feel right at home (though not as much as I did in my own.)
                There are "better" cars for practically every purpose. More luxurious, more comfortable, more efficient, more "stylish", more powerful... but the CB7 captures what seems to be a rare mix of all of it. Something I have yet to find replicated in anything else.

The closest I've experienced this "charm" is when I had the black 92EXR coupe and for the winter drove a 2000 4 door accord (aka: "Granny Mobile", aka: "felt like your sitting at a kitchen table"). When I switched back to the 92EXR in the summer I felt that home feeling. I think the same feeling people had with the preludes. But compared to any car after this (1995+)... meh. I still miss that 92EXR. I sold it and it got wrecked.

Comment

did.
                  Thanks, and I always feel welcome at cb7tuner.

I am replacing my cb7 with a 2006 Acura TL MT w/ 62K.
                  I originally wanted to get a TSX, since it was a 4 door, 4cyl car much like an accord. I actually test drove a TL after test driving a TSX and instantly felt a difference. I pretty much fell in love right away lol. I've always liked the TSX and TL. And my GF approved of the purchase, so I went for it. A few days later, it was mine. The 6 speed shifting throws me off a little but I'll get use to it in time.

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                  My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                  Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Nice choice! I love both cars myself. The 1st gen TSX is probably the closest thing Honda made to an H22 powered CB7 in recent years. The TL is definitely more luxurious, though. It probably would have been my choice as well. I think it's probably one of the best looking cars Honda has made this century.

Comment

Originally posted by buzz11 View Post
                      Thanks, and I always feel welcome at cb7tuner.

I am replacing my cb7 with a 2006 Acura TL MT w/ 62K.
                      I originally wanted to get a TSX, since it was a 4 door, 4cyl car much like an accord. I actually test drove a TL after test driving a TSX and instantly felt a difference. I pretty much fell in love right away lol. I've always liked the TSX and TL. And my GF approved of the purchase, so I went for it. A few days later, it was mine. The 6 speed shifting throws me off a little but I'll get use to it in time.
                      I own a 2004 TSX and i agree with you. The 6 speed shifts are so close together it takes some getting use to!

Comment

I'm realizing that I don't actually love 6 speed! My CTS-V and my wife's CR-Z are both 6 speed. My Miata, my old Fit, and my old CB7 are/were all 5 speed. I much prefer 5 speed. I've had the CTS-V for 4.5 years now, and I'm STILL not quite used to the gear ratios. I could rev-match in the Fit and CB7 like I was born doing it.

Comment

I'm realizing that I don't actually love 6 speed! My CTS-V and my wife's CR-Z are both 6 speed. My Miata, my old Fit, and my old CB7 are/were all 5 speed. I much prefer 5 speed. I've had the CTS-V for 4.5 years now, and I'm STILL not quite used to the gear ratios. I could rev-match in the Fit and CB7 like I was born doing it.
                          I always thought a 6 speed would just mean faster. ie - 5th gear would still be 60mph, like the cb7 with a 6th gear for going 80mph+. But as soon as i got one i quickly realized they are just shorter gears. I find myself skipping gears alot with the 6 speed. I'd rather a 5 speed with a long 5th gear. So I agree, I don't like the 6 speed, would rather the 5 speed.

Comment

I always skip either 2nd or 3rd in my Cadillac. It's actually weird when I go through each gear! I wonder what a 7 speed would feel like. Probably feels like being in an F&F movie.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              lol its alright, we will forgive you. a lot of members have moved on but still stayed. i havent had my cb for a really long time now.
                              OP joined the site 2+ years after I got rid of mine!

I had my STi for 2 years longer than my CB and I still feel like the CB was the longest I owned a car.

Comment

Working...
                              X