EBay exedy clutch & hd flywheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EBay exedy clutch & hd flywheel

http://m.ebay.com/itm/EXEDY-CLUTCH-K...257Ciid%253A17 need a clutch and maybe wanting to but this kit my h22 is pretty stock any experiences with this kit?

I've read exedy clutches are pretty good any opinion on the flywheel too? Thanks

Comment

I'm running an Exedy clutch on my H22, it does the job. Not the best clutch in my opinion but it has not given me any issues. The clutch pedal feel is a little soft (almost like a faded clutch) but then again I prefer a stiffer clutch for the feel. I will say that even though it is suppose to be stock spec, if you catch yourself getting on it in first gear up a hill it will slip on you. I do not have any experience with the flywheel as I used a different one.

If at first you don't suceed, then skydiving is not for you.

I try not to down talk anyone, when I read my old questions I realize I was an idiot too.

Comment

Originally posted by drizzy View Post
        http://m.ebay.com/itm/EXEDY-CLUTCH-K...257Ciid%253A17 need a clutch and maybe wanting to but this kit my h22 is pretty stock any experiences with this kit?

FWIW I just had a Daiken-Exedy replaced in my TSX yesterday by my Honda mechanic who swears by them. He tells me they are an OEM supplier to Honda and my kit are a gray market product.

That said when I first tried it it felt like an on/off switch so I complained. But he insisted that after 13 years this is how my TSX felt when it was new. Over time the components gradually stiffen and eventually all clutches get harder you just don't notice.

He told me to drive it a few days and promised I would get used to it so I am. I laughed and said it feels like a Corrolla but he kept insisting I'll come to like it. So far it's only been a day and have to say I'm getting used to it.

In fact the original clutch worked fine in normal driving but would slip during hard acceleration. It also started giving me cramps in my calve muscle sometimes due to the excessive stiffness. And it was getting tough to modulate when I tried to accelerate quickly. Over the last few months it grinded when I'd go into reverse unless I bliped the throttle first, no more. The kit did come with a flywheel and compared to the original it has a raised inner diameter section compared to a recessed area on the original otherwise no difference. Guess it's not worth resurfacing these as they're way too hard. He also replaced the rear main and starter since it was acting up.

The pressure plate has fewer but wider fingers compared with the original too. So overall I remain cautiously optimistic. I trust my mechanic as he specializes and only works on Acura and Honda, has nothing but the highest reviews on Yelp and I've used him for about 10 years now. Compared with all OEM parts the Exedy kit saved me about $300 since Acura doesn't include the flywheel.

Hope this helps...
        Last edited by hiptech; 02-18-2017, 09:11 AM.
        My Collection:
        93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
        00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
        04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

Sweet just ordered it I'll do the rear main while I'm at it too

Comment

Exedy is definitely the clutch to get for most normal situations (the H22 is stock enough), although that particular auction includes a generic flywheel. Not the "best" but definitely wouldn't be worse than a cracked/worn out OE flywheel.

Agreed that Exedy pressure plates feel soft. I've heard it before, and have always felt it myself. They definitely aren't super-clamping-force like racing clutch kits would be, which would normally provide that stiff pedal - but for a daily driver, its so much nicer!

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
            - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
            - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
            - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
            - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
            Current cars:
            - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
            - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
              Exedy is definitely the clutch to get for most normal situations (the H22 is stock enough), although that particular auction includes a generic flywheel. Not the "best" but definitely wouldn't be worse than a cracked/worn out OE flywheel.

Agreed that Exedy pressure plates feel soft. I've heard it before, and have always felt it myself. They definitely aren't super-clamping-force like racing clutch kits would be, which would normally provide that stiff pedal - but for a daily driver, its so much nicer!
              All true, guess I'm getting old because I'm really feeling the softer clutch now that I'm getting used to it... sort of like driving a different car. Not better or worse, just different.
              My Collection:

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post

So... What if you drive aggressively, and planning on boosting the car in the future? What would you recommend?
                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                  So... What if you drive aggressively, and planning on boosting the car in the future? What would you recommend?
                  Exedy has direct replacement clutch kits, Stage 1 racing kits and Stage 2 Racing kits. ACT makes good clutch kits but do note that once you get into the serious racing clutch kits there is no feathering on engagement anymore, its either engaged or disengaged.
                  Last edited by Crankshaft; 02-17-2017, 09:25 PM.
                  [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

BTW forgot to post these pics...

Acura OEM Clutch Assy:

Daiken-Exedy Clutch Assy:

My Collection:

Comment

When buying clutches and flywheel kits off eBay make sure you read the description because I had typed in exedy clutch kit for 1992 accord and a lot of mix match stuff came up. Like exedy pressure plate with some no name brand friction plate and vise versa.
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=138029 <-mrt

diy whore riiittteeee here
                      [URL="http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=2208455"]
                      http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/members/pr3pg4lyfe.html

Comment

look for gripforce clutches ive had good luck with them and sachs
                        Last edited by tommi; 03-29-2017, 09:26 PM.
                        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

Working...
                        X