Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Hook a young brother up!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hook a young brother up!!!!

What's going on cb7tuner fam? Hope all is well! I need some help! Give you a lil background about myself. I live in Raleigh, NC. Work at the Honda dealership in Durham. Been a automobile detailed for a solid one year now and new to the whole "car" scene. I have a 92 accord lx. Put a used motor in it and she runs GREAT! Too good. I'm coming from a 07 Tahoe and I'm mind blown!!!! Only problem I have comes from the radiator fan....... it only comes on when the car is off completely. I'm in the process of replacing the ac compressor and fan blower!!! Give me some legit help and I'll give you as much feedback as possible as soon as possible!!! Thanks and god bless!

The radiator fan only comes on when it needs to. For normal driving, it may only come during extended idling. After shutting off the engine, the heat soak can cause the fans to come on for a few minutes after shutting it off. Do you have problems with overheating? Does your dealership still have a service manual around for a 92 Accord?
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
      The radiator fan only comes on when it needs to. For normal driving, it may only come during extended idling. After shutting off the engine, the heat soak can cause the fans to come on for a few minutes after shutting it off. Do you have problems with overheating? Does your dealership still have a service manual around for a 92 Accord?
      Yes I do have a problem with overheating. I've never let it overheat but that gauge does get pretty close! And about the service Manual I can check to see if we still have one tomorrow when I go in.

Comment

If you know your car is overheating, that's where I would begin diagnosis.

First, you'll need to let us know if it's your radiator or your A/C fan that's coming on. And have you verified with the car up to temperature that the fans are not coming on with the engine running? Also, did you replace the water pump and thermostat with the new engine you put in?

Next, check the fan switches. There are two you need to verify the condition of. One on the thermostat housing and the other on the front water neck. The wiring is old and brittle and if one of those were to break, it would cause your radiator fan not to work.

Then, make sure you don't have any oil or bubbling in your coolant system. The bubbles will only present with the car running.

Assuming all of that is in order, you could remove the radiator and flush it, check the hoses for leaks, replace the radiator cap and fill with new coolant.

Any more information you can give us would be helpful.
        My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

In the future, please make your thread titles descriptive of your problem. You'll find that many more people will help you if they have some idea of what your problem is before they even read the thread.
          That, and it's in the rules. Usually, threads with non-descriptive titles simply get deleted. The only reason I didn't delete this one is because people have already taken their time to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            If you know your car is overheating, that's where I would begin diagnosis.

First, you'll need to let us know if it's your radiator or your A/C fan that's coming on. And have you verified with the car up to temperature that the fans are not coming on with the engine running? Also, did you replace the water pump and thermostat with the new engine you put in?

Next, check the fan switches. There are two you need to verify the condition of. One on the thermostat housing and the other on the front water neck. The wiring is old and brittle and if one of those were to break, it would cause your radiator fan not to work.

Then, make sure you don't have any oil or bubbling in your coolant system. The bubbles will only present with the car running.

Assuming all of that is in order, you could remove the radiator and flush it, check the hoses for leaks, replace the radiator cap and fill with new coolant.

Any more information you can give us would be helpful.
            Yes the car is overheating and the fans are not coming on while the engine is running. Water pump and thermostat was replaced. I can check the fan switches in the morning. And now with the bubbles in coolant. How do you personally go about resolving that? It was some air it in last time I check and ran it all out for sure.

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            Hey I got that service manual btw!

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            In the future, please make your thread titles descriptive of your problem. You'll find that many more people will help you if they have some idea of what your problem is before they even read the thread.
            That, and it's in the rules. Usually, threads with non-descriptive titles simply get deleted. The only reason I didn't delete this one is because people have already taken their time to help you.
            Hey my apology man! I had no clue. I'm completely new to this whole forum thing but I'll make sure to be more descriptive in the future. Thank you!
            Last edited by Jarrett; 05-21-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

wow 07 tahoe to a cb7 gangsta.
              Yeah I would def check out those sensors and if all else fails get a compression check done I'm sure your buddy's at work can help you with that. Very simple

Comment

Originally posted by Gloman300_ View Post
                Hey my apology man! I had no clue. I'm completely new to this whole forum thing but I'll make sure to be more descriptive in the future. Thank you!
                Now would be a good time for you to look over the rules, then. Then you'll know what is expected of you.

Comment

I had this same issue with my CB when I got it. The car would never overheat but let it idle for a couple minutes and the temp would shoot up, no fans kicking on but if you shut the car off they would kick on for 5 minutes or so.

You may not be as lucky but all I did was throw in like 3/4s of a bottle of antifreeze and let it run with the radiator cap off for a few minutes.

Now it wont overheat while idling in hot weather and I can hear and feel the fans kicking on when they should. Fans still turn on after shutting the car off if Ive been doing city driving.

Check your fluid level in the radiator and let her burp any air out.

Comment

Working...
                  X