Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I realize this isn't a CB7 but... but thought you might find it interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to conclude this... bidding ended last night at US $43,300.00!

Perhaps proving ppl are looking to "invest" in different collectables besides 911s?
    My Collection:
    93SE Sedan (Cashmere Metallic)
    00EXV6 Sedan (Naples Gold)
    04TSX 6-Spd Navi (Premium White Pearl)

Comment

i was thinking the same thing, Honda should have bought this for one of their museums.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Almost $20,000 profit over the initial purchase price? Not bad!

If you want to factor in inflation... $24,000 in 1998 is roughly equivalent to $34,000 today... so even then, $10,000 pure profit.

Comment

damn 65849 views..

Comment

Its gonna be in that Honda museum no doubt.

Comment

^ yup, this most likely will never be driven

Comment

Well it's been almost 7 years ago when I posted about this 98 Integra Type R with 10k miles. It started on EB and ended on BAT where it ultimately sold for $43,300.00 which I'm sure taking inflation into account is significantly higher now in hyper inflationary 2022.

​​​​​​Fast forward to today a new winner emerges. As of right now it's not over yet since it has 1 day left but currently this 7k-Mile 2000 Acura Integra Type R is probably due for the history books. Get ready to either cheer or cringe but it's current bid is.... $111,111.000!

Personally I don't know what to think. Has the world lost it's collective mind, has money lost so much value or have so many people now become millionaires they can all drop as much coin as they like?
                Bid for the chance to own a 7k-Mile 2000 Acura Integra Type R at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #64,507.
                Last edited by hiptech; 01-28-2022, 08:47 AM.
                My Collection:

Comment

Accounting for the crazy inflation, that’s about $50,000 today. I remember thinking $43,000 was an insane price. Now that they’re going for over six figures… just… WOW!

granted, these low mileage examples are unicorns. Someone bought one of the best driving cars ever made and DIDN’T DRIVE IT. That’s just not right.

Comment

Yeah, this is just capitalization on nostalgia. It is a shame that one of the greatest fwd cars likely hasn’t been driven in the way that it was intended.

Counterpoint: it also has managed to survive the tuner wars without being crashed, modified, or stolen and stripped. So maybe the key is keeping it undefined lol.
                    http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

That's kind of been my philosophy with the 93SE. In most instances I've resisted the temptation to modify it at least to the point the small mods made can't easily be reversed. Though to be honest I've fantasized about dropping a drivetrain from a totaled CTR if that's even doable?

Any just to make it official the latest ITR just closed and the winning bid was $112,112!!!
                      My Collection:

Comment

People are dumb. That's all I've got to say about that auction result. Congrats to the seller, though.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I wonder if the seller thinks it will sell for more $$$ 10 years from now. & I hope he has good security / garage. Heck, maybe Jay Leno bought it and it will just be a collectors item.

Comment

The buyer's definitely got money to burn. Look at their history: https://bringatrailer.com/member/usausausa/

I like his taste, too! So jealous of that New Edge Mach 1.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Assuming the new owner has it insured through Hagerty (as I've done) and something catastrophic happens and it gets totaled.. then what?
                              My Collection:

Comment

I can’t see that getting totaled. It’s going to live in a bubble. Only a fool would drive that car now. Especially after paying $house for it!

this situation is extreme. I don’t think the buyer is an idiot if they have the expendable income for it. It WILL appreciate, without a doubt. And this is likely the finest example in existence.
                                if you look at other desirable imports, you’ll see similar trends. Imagine if this was an E30 M3, or a MKIV Supra turbo. Nearly new mileage, bone stock pristine cosmetic and mechanical condition… those cars would sell for even more.

If I were the buyer, I would TOTALLY troll the interwebz. I’d buy a base Integra, paint it yellow, and start slapping on horrible mods. “Hay guise! Time for some looooowwwz on my new ITR! Maxpeedingrods coilovers and some 18” XXRs! Who can recommend a good camber kit to get me dat gud stance yo?”

Comment

Working...
                                X