Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best stock ride height struts, for a good price?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best stock ride height struts, for a good price?

I want to keep my stock ride height, but I want an upgraded suspension. I'm not really looking for anything crazy, at least not too expensive! But I want something that would be a great difference from my 20 year old struts! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

If you want to keep the stock ride height, Bilstein B6 shocks are the way to go. A set of 4 will run you around $375 if you know where to shop. I've always bought my Konis at Autoanything.com with their coupons. I'll put what I want in a cart and go do something else. They'll email you for a couple of days trying to get you to buy. Eventually they'll send either a 20 or 22% coupon for you to incentivize you to buy.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

I need to look around again, as it's been years. However, a few reputable spring companies make (or at least made) springs that provided a nearly imperceptible drop (under an inch) and a spring rate a bit stiffer than stock. That would pair very well with those bilstein shocks. Your stock springs are likely pretty tired now.
      A set of polyurethane bushings would also breathe new life into your car's suspension. It's amazing how much they can tighten things up.
      Throw a good set of performance tires into the mix, and you'll feel like you're driving a totally different car.

Comment

Do you know any companies that make the springs. I'm not exactly sure what size springs to get with the struts for that right height.!

Comment

The stickies are your friend.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=139318
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
            If you want to keep the stock ride height, Bilstein B6 shocks are the way to go.
            I'll vouch for the Bilsteins. I have a set on the front of Ruby (90 LX) and will be installing rears next week. Also a set on the front of the wagon. All using stock springs.
            90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
            08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Working...
            X