X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still learning my new camera.

New brake calipers.

Wiper switch.

In the process of testing new wiper motor. Making sure there are no hidden issues before proceeding.

Cowl removed. Twas a bitch.

Old seized up wiper motor.

Part of dash removed routing wires properly.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-20-2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Windshield wipers working flawlessly. Which is a must. Power steering pump removed, have yet to remove the pulley. Replacing all belts while I'm at it.

Cowl put back on, new wiper motor installed, wiper arms and antenna back on. I adjusted the wipers a bit higher up on the windshield when in the fully down position to avoid so much snow and ice to settling on them. It actually looks like how they were supposed to be by looking at the path they take on the windshield. But that's not how they were before. They were too low.

PS pump removed. It wasn't too hard. The lines are a different story... I need to buy a new set of line wrenches as my set doesn't go up to 5/8's. Here you can see how the old pump was just pissing PSF everywhere. The previous owner told me about the pump being shot and said he had to add PSF every time he drove it. Which was about once a week in the fall for 6 years and about 30 miles each drive. So everything on that side of the engine bay is covered in PSF and debris had been sticking to the fluid for years. So once I get this thing on the road again it's going to get inspected, to the DMV for tags, and then straight to the car wash. I have some real good degreaser to use on it. So good that it will eat the bottom out of an aluminum coke can in 15 minutes if not diluted down to 50/50.

Power Steering Pump. Pulley needs to be removed in order to get the bracket off. And I need to reuse the pulley as well on my new pump.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-20-2014, 08:07 PM.

Comment

50/50 thing;using some semi truck alloy wheel "refresher" ?

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
          50/50 thing;using some semi truck alloy wheel "refresher" ?
          Damn your good! That's almost the exact shit I have. My stepmother is a trucker, has been for over 20 years. She gave me 5 gallons of the stuff from when she was driving a private rig up in Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by H311RA151N View Post
            Damn your good! That's almost the exact shit I have. My stepmother is a trucker, has been for over 20 years. She gave me 5 gallons of the stuff from when she was driving a private rig up in Canada.
            heh, its good shit, make the crusties look new even more banging when theye polished out. gets rid of almost all of the pitting even some rash
            Last edited by illinois_erik; 12-05-2014, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I use it for cleaning engine bays. Highly diluted with water of course. You have to be careful though or it will start to eat shit. But leave it on real greasy parts for a few minutes and wash it off and it will break it down really nice.

Comment

New blower motor and blower motor wheel.

Old squeaky blower motor that rattles.

Blower motor box full of leaves.

More back up in there.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-20-2014, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Remainder of the parts. Power steering belts, alternator belt, ignition lock actuator, ignition lock cylinder and keys, turn signal switch, blower motor resistor, ignition switch, power steering hose and all parking brake cables.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-20-2014, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Steering column is near done today. I got it close to put back together. I will get back out there in a little bit.

New ignition lock assembly installed.

The old turn signal assembly has to be de-pinned to be removed and the new has to be de-pinned to be installed.

Last edited by H311RA151N; 12-20-2014, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Holy crap! All that for an ignition replacement?
                      Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by XCRN View Post
                        Holy crap! All that for an ignition replacement?
                        All that for someones fuck up. They couldn't get the steering wheel off so when the turn signal switch went bad they spliced the turn signals and brake lights together. Which meant the front turn signals would light up solid when I hit the brakes.

I had to replace the ignition switch, as it was goofy, the ignition lock cylinder and key because it was super fucked up and would do 360's, and the turn signal switch because it was bad as well as dickered from who ever spliced the turn signals and brake lights together.

But it wasn't that bad to do. The steering wheel just needed some time and pressure with a puller. The last person must have got in a hurry and kept cranking on the damn puller which ripped the threaded holes out that are built into the steering wheel designed for a steering wheel puller. Took 5 mins to pull it with some PB Blaster.

Comment

Finally, got all the pics on slickpic and put back up for this entire thread. On to the next one.

I have many updates for this thread as well but I will post all that up later.

Comment

As it sits today. Awaiting the new turn signals lenses.

Parts I got at the junkyard. I got an '85 cluster from a 460 truck with the factory tach. Super nice score. About $300 on eBay. I got everything for $42.

My current cluster. Cracked cover and without factory tach.

Interior put back together.

DeeZee tool box I got give to me. Bolted down and ready to go.

Comment

Comment

I got to see how cold it can get and this thing still start.

Comment

Working...
                                X