Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Honda newb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda newb

Just a forewarning, I type A LOT and if you are kinda not for stance. You might want to click the back button because there will be stance content within the thread, so if you're cool with that then continue on

Just a little background about me, I am currently 20 years old in college right now which is kinda why I traded my car and got the current car I have now. A BMW is honestly stuck in my heart and I will probably be buying another one as soon as I get out of college. I have been into cars ever since I saw my first car and driver magazine and played gran turismo on the ps1. My family is a huge DIY'r for practically anything from home improvement to cars. The first time I did anything to a car was tearing out a transmission from my 97 BMW 328is to replace the clutch and flywheel.....if you know anything about BMW's they have very tight tolerances which means tight spaces. I learned a lot from that and gained a lot of confidence working on cars in mine or my friends garage from that experience.

I had a 97 BMW 318i for about a year or 2 years and then upgraded to my brothers 97 BMW 328is for a few more years and started getting headaches trying to work a min wage job/school/and other stuff while trying to keep up a BMW. Not saying BMW's are hard to maintain, just too much going on and one less head ache will help out a bunch.

So basically I went from this

To this (the interior was flawless with no cracks anywhere and everything except the steering wheel looked brand new and fun as crap to drive)

And now I have a 93 2dr accord (will be doing a little shoot here shortly)
    (next 2 images were done by my friend)

and doing a little patch work on the exhaust

Hope you enjoyed and that I can give a little something back to the forums in the future!
    Last edited by jtqueen; 07-15-2013, 01:38 AM.

im glad you bought that car. i saw it on craigslist. i have the ad saved, because it has every part i want on my coupe.
    COUPE K24

Comment

Nice steering wheel. Not sure what direction you will go in as far as mods but it is a good base to start from (has mods you may already want). Welcome though, alot of useful info at your disposal on this site.
      Last edited by qtipvenom; 07-16-2013, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by '93CB7Ex View Post
        im glad you bought that car. i saw it on craigslist. i have the ad saved, because it has every part i want on my coupe.
        Coming from an e36 which is just so fun to drive to a honda has been a huge change, and honestly if it wasn't for the wheels and seats. I would've probably never gotten it. It is so clean and once I get some suspension parts on there to make it ride and handle better I am sure I will enjoy the car more for sure!

Originally posted by qtipvenom View Post
        Not sure what direction you will go in as far as mods but it is a good base to start from (has mods you may already want). Welcome
        I'll be looking at finishing up the interior (basically gutted) and redoing the exhaust as much as I can to raise it up so it isn't an issue for clearance. All of that is after I get my coilovers and the suspension updated aswell as anything else needing updating.

Then once I am satisfied for the most part, I will be saving up for another car and maybe repainting this one since my friend can paint and I can get everything needed for the paint pretty cheap but with good quality through a friend.

Comment

I'm diggin that steering wheel and front lip homie! Good job

Comment

Very nice. You've got a lot of hard to find pieces on this accord. Those Hasemi wheels?
            "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

Originally posted by Damiancb7 View Post
              I'm diggin that steering wheel and front lip homie! Good job
              Thanks man, my friend had a nardi and wouldn't let it go in the trade but I got to keep the adapter hub and grip royal had a woodie in stock and that was what the nardi looked like so I got it and a quick release. And the lip was actually clear coated carbon fiber until I tore the living crap out of it pulling in my friends driveway so we repainted it haha

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
              Very nice. You've got a lot of hard to find pieces on this accord. Those Hasemi wheels?
              Luckily, minus the steering wheel and quick release and radio. That is the way I got the car was just like the way it sits in the picture, and yep. Legit, stamped 3 pc Hasemi SSR stings. I have thought about selling them, but how often do you get to hold onto wheels that are quite rare aswell as good looking on the car

Comment

Wow great find!! Love those wheels!
                Last edited by accord4me; 07-16-2013, 02:06 AM.
                <-- MRT

Comment

nice what motor u runnin.?
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  This thread is over a year old, you fucking retard.
                  i dont know why this popped up but U MAD BRO? not my fault u is FAKE! CLOWN ASS

Comment

Originally posted by jtqueen View Post
                    Legit, stamped 3 pc Hasemi SSR stings. I have thought about selling them, but how often do you get to hold onto wheels that are quite rare aswell as good looking on the car
                    Not very often at all. They look great! Having a set of ssr wheels has turned into somewhat of a cult following. http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1130174

I say keep them. Or send them my way. I wouldn't mind another set
                    "My FOR SALE thread - Click here"

MEMBERS RIDE

99 SILVERADO

WHEEL FLIP

Comment

nice fabric choice

what lip is that? looks dope.
                      Last edited by Carolinasfinest; 07-17-2013, 03:36 PM.
                      USDM EX

Comment

what lip / front grill / headlights is that?

Comment

It's a mugen lip, grill is chargespeed and headlights are 1 pieces. This CB looks very familiar, anyone have the MRT for it?

Edit: nvm found it, http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=119210. Beautiful CB!

Comment

What kind of wheels are those? They look kinda like the OEM ones but white.

Comment

Originally posted by D-rock615 View Post
                              What kind of wheels are those? They look kinda like the OEM ones but white.
                              No where near OEM, those are rare... Did you miss these posts?

Originally posted by drew12000 View Post
                              Originally posted by jtqueen View Post
                              Legit, stamped 3 pc Hasemi SSR stings. I have thought about selling them, but how often do you get to hold onto wheels that are quite rare aswell as good looking on the car
                              Reading pwns.

Comment

Working...
                              X