No announcement yet.

Gun owners post up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took my Remington Model 582 .22 rifle down to where it couldn't possibly be broken down any further. Had a really hard time getting the trigger assembly back together. After getting it back together the trigger pull is super nice and 4.5lbs. I never knew the trigger was so awesome on it. I used Frog Lube when I put it back together. Same lube I use on everything. I cannot wait to fire it and sight the scope in!

Comment

Well going to pick up my Shield 9mm Sat.

Already ordered a safe, an IWB holster, and a cleaning kit.

Been long overdue!

Comment

Originally posted by Ralphie View Post
        Well going to pick up my Shield 9mm Sat.

Already ordered a safe, an IWB holster, and a cleaning kit.

Been long overdue!
        Pain in the ass to buy in NJ?
        14 Ford Focus ST - stock(ish) - E30 Tune + Green Filter =

Comment

Originally posted by verothacamaro View Post
          Pain in the ass to buy in NJ?
          Compared to other states, Yes.

It's my first time, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I hear what others have to do, and it is a little more involved.

Any long gun/shotgun, you don't need a permit and can buy them where they are sold.

ALL handguns must have a permit for each handgun issued by the police dept in your township or city.

You only need to get fingerprinted once but its still annoying to go through the permit process for EVERY handgun purchased.

You can apply for multiple permits if you intend to buy more than one and the permits are only good for 90 days.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel lol.

Comment

Went to the range today. Took the SMLE, SKS and Mil Pro. Took videos of the SMLE and SKS in action. First shots with the SKS are filmed. Unfortunately I left the ammo bag in the way of the shot for the camera.

I was a little shaky. People... well... kids rather, next to me were making me nervous. Kids being kids of course. However I shot the SMLE really well today. Ran about 50 rounds through the SMLE and 80 through the SKS.

SMLE

And of course I had to leave a bag in front of the camera. But the sounds of the SKS are still present. Sounds so cool.

SKS

Comment

Man, watching that video makes me miss my sks. It was such an awesome rifle. Although on mine, once you put around 200-300 rounds through it the bolt would start to stick.

I should be getting a really nice colt 1908 soon here. In the mean time I picked up a s&w shield 9mm with Viridian laser for daily use. My xd40sc is a bit to bulky to carry on my bike and I got tired of worrying about my ancient .22lr pistol.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

I haven't shot the SKS much since. However I did take the SMLE out a couple more times.

I brought splatter targets the last time or two. I need a few more things to set up properly at the range. Like a rest etc.

Comment

Hey! My wife's wanting a small pistol! She told me she wanted a Walther PPK... I don't have a grand at the moment, and her birthday is in November. With our soon move to Texas, cash is... Well it's not a grand yet.

I was thinking a Ruger P9S, or a Bersa Thunder .380. What would you guys recommend for a small, reliable, easy to use concealable?

Comment

The .380 glocks look pretty awesome, though I've never shot one and I'm pretty sure they make a 9mm the same size by now. No manual safety though if that's something she'd want. The s&w shields are also pretty nice in 9mm, they have manual safeties. Both would conceal really well and are super easy to disassemble and clean.

I wish I could trade my heart for an extra liver, just so I can drink more and care less.

Comment

Originally posted by bassrock234 View Post
                      The .380 glocks look pretty awesome, though I've never shot one and I'm pretty sure they make a 9mm the same size by now. No manual safety though if that's something she'd want. The s&w shields are also pretty nice in 9mm, they have manual safeties. Both would conceal really well and are super easy to disassemble and clean.
                      I shot a small 9mm Glock 26 today actually. The grip is too small, and it didn't feel right. Wife loved it though. I've never shot the Bersa, but the Ruger is a very solid firearm. Has magazine safety too, which is a plus.

Comment

Settled on the Ruger Lc9s
                        Last edited by F22Chris; 10-08-2017, 11:03 PM.

Comment

Bought my GF the Glock 42. She's pretty excited as am I.

Side my side with my old Mil Pro.

Comment

This is my trusty friend, she just screams international spy/villain! This is for us who still grew up with a thing called metal and would definitely would not be for those who need more than 6 rounds.

Manufacturer Model Country Caliber Capacity Weight Length Hght
                            FB Radom P-64 Poland 9X18 Mak 6 22oz 6.3in 4.6in

IMG_20170812_175650 by Jesus Gonzalez, on Flickr
                            [url=https://flic.kr/p/2hFNC7Z]

Comment

Originally posted by Crankshaft View Post
                              This is my trusty friend, she just screams international spy/villain! This is for us who still grew up with a thing called metal and would definitely would not be for those who need more than 6 rounds.

Manufacturer Model Country Caliber Capacity Weight Length Hght
                              FB Radom P-64 Poland 9X18 Mak 6 22oz 6.3in 4.6in

IMG_20170812_175650 by Jesus Gonzalez, on Flickr
                              If you need more than just a couple you either need a pair of glasses or to quit gang bangin'.

I'm just playin'. But that's a nice piece you got there. I really like old pistols like these. But I haven't found a nice one.

Second post... maybe I won't mess this one up... lol

Comment

And I bought the wrong Talon grips... Stupid me. I bought Talon Grips for a Glock 19. So I'm looking for that now.

I also bought a locking hard box. My GF is starting to fly more and more and she is going to start taking her firearm with her. So I bought her a nice box. We are currently undergoing education of the TSA laws and rules etc. It seems pretty easy but we want to make sure and get everything right.

Comment

Working...
                                X