Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F20A CB7:Blk Housed Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As much as I like those, I will have to mention the lack of reflectors now makes them illegal, unless you have some other red reflective source on the rear of the car.

Comment

I'm aware, and don't care... because these lights look oem and they r.. other than the reflector being removed they still have that oem look. Red on top, aber and white underneath. Been doing blk house now since I joined. Hvnt had a issue with the law. Also when I brake its pretty bright. Ull have 2 b blind not 2 see my lights. Plus the 3rd brake lamp comes on. Thanks for looking.
      **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
      Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
      Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

How many close calls have you had of someone nearly rear ending you during the daytime?

1999 BMW M3
        2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
        2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
        2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

None, you can see my lights just fine during the day. I had it like this for years man. Started on the 2door.

Comment

Originally posted by slik90accord View Post

THIS IS HIS NEW LIGHTS HE IS WORKING ON
            Hey man those blk housed 90 tails look unreal! I was just wondering how bright do the lights look at night and are the reflectors taken out? So pretty much am i gonna get rear ended with this mod?

The start of something good

Comment

That's wat joshM was talking about...

I havnt had any issues with these tails. Yes reflectors r out, wat helps also is the 3rd brake lamp..

When a person is behind me. They can see the bulbs light up.. I had blk housed tails since my coupe.. no probs...

I've blk housed 9091 clear reds, 9091 stockers. 9293 stockers.. last pic I posted is at night with parkin lights on. Applyin the brake, is just pretty. U seeee bulbs light up, always had compliments on them.

I was pulled over several times b4. But none for the tails and reflectors.. only time was when the officer said my rear turn signals have 2 b standard yellow or red.. not clear.. I had 9091 clear red tails on. I simply colored the bulb with ornage clear paint from the hobby shop.. and that was that.

Just get a extra set at the yard. Hve fun with them.. 9091 r theeee easiest to take apart.

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                That's wat joshM was talking about...

I havnt had any issues with these tails. Yes reflectors r out, wat helps also is the 3rd brake lamp..

When a person is behind me. They can see the bulbs light up.. I had blk housed tails since my coupe.. no probs...

I've blk housed 9091 clear reds, 9091 stockers. 9293 stockers.. last pic I posted is at night with parkin lights on. Applyin the brake, is just pretty. U seeee bulbs light up, always had compliments on them.

I was pulled over several times b4. But none for the tails and reflectors.. only time was when the officer said my rear turn signals have 2 b standard yellow or red.. not clear.. I had 9091 clear red tails on. I simply colored the bulb with ornage clear paint from the hobby shop.. and that was that.

Just get a extra set at the yard. Hve fun with them.. 9091 r theeee easiest to take apart.
                thanks alot man! Ill definatly give it a go!

The start of something good

Comment

Great keep me posted

Comment

Uhgggg oooooo. Look what I got my hands on ppl.

I may blk house these. I'm itching to do so!

Comment

please do so! i wanted to see what they look like as i have them red/clears also, and was wondering how they'd look.

i want those rare rims, beautiful.

Comment

Most issues with black housing tails if seperating them. So I think ill go ahead and drill the tabs out first then warm the glue. And seperate.

Comment

People, I am not fukin around here. I took them apart took the reflectors out.. because that's wat I like.. should I paint the hosuing blk or should I leave it alone? Meeee don't no!

Last edited by F20A CB7; 03-27-2012, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Ok? Other than uber illegal.

Comment

Come on man. If u don't got nothing positive 2 say why post?

I explained this many many times. I have not been pulled over for this. Nor any1 has rear ended me.. I had this type of mod for years.

Thanks anyways mikey,

Comment

On a side note, you know how the innr tails don't signal. Only the outers.. I wanted to drill a hole in the middle of the inners and place 192 bulb in there and wire it to signal... how does that sound?

Comment

Working...
                                X