Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

MB Quartz PVI 216 won't fit my 92 Accord?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MB Quartz PVI 216 won't fit my 92 Accord?

I am looking into a pair of 6.5" MB Quartz PVI 216 component speakers for the doors in my 92 EX coup. At Sonic Electronics they have an option to see if they will fit your car and it said that they would not fit. Do I just need to put a spacer ring behind the speaker to make it fit? If so, I think I will still buy them. I just want to make sure I can make them fit before I make the purchase. I blew the hell out of my Infinities, so all I have now are Infinity 6x9's in the back and 2 10" JBL sub woofers-not the sound I'm looking for.

It might just be because they're components and you have to find a place to mount the tweeters. Otherwise a spacer might do it, they might be a tiny bit wider than your stock spacers, so you might just need a wider spacer, they're probably not too deep.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the stock door speakers are 5" which is why Sonic says the 6.5" won't fit, "as in a direct replacement".

Comment

depends on which kind of car you have. Mine had 6.5" door speakers.

Comment

yea both guys r right but wat i did to get my 6.5 to fit better was cut alittle bit of the plastic that the speakers screw into and was good to go

bought from:CBsevenTUNER

Comment

MB Quartz fitting in my car

I have a 92 Accord EX coup. The speakers that are currently in the doors are 6.5" Infinity co-axle Reference Series. I think they said it wouldn't fit do to the component tweeter. I may just purchase another set of co-axle speakers. I will see what MB Quartz has to offer. I'm not a huge fan of ear piercing tweeters anyway.
            Last edited by fly68; 10-26-2010, 05:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

If I am not mistaken the EX models did come with 6.5' speakers in the front doors. All other models came with a 4.5' or 5' speaker in the door frame. I suggest you go to the JY and look for the proper insert to make your 6.5's fit properly.

CB7Tuner Resident Gamer!
              PSN: JDMcb7TX

Comment

maybe your right but in my ex i had to cut alittle to get the 6.5 to fit better so the cover went right over it

Comment

it depends on the exact 6.5" speakers. My 6.5" Alpine Type Rs dropped right in, 6.5" Planet Audio BB625C required some cutting (wider basket)

CoAXIAL speakers are easier to install, but the loss of sound quality is just... it makes me do this

Comment

yea that makes sense i got pioneer speakers and i had to trim alittle to get them to fit better

Comment

Originally posted by cb7Jr View Post
                      yea that makes sense i got pioneer speakers and i had to trim alittle to get them to fit better
                      OK Sarthos, you win again. I installed my new system myself. To be honest, I'm just a little scared to be cutting holes in my dash for the component tweeters, but I'll be damned if I am going to pay somebody else at least $100 to do it for me. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you just run your speaker wire to the 6.5 and then run another wire from the second set of posts on the voice coil to your crossover and then to your tweeter. Christ, I still have speaker wires and RCA cables to tuck from the installation I just completed. Speaking of RCA cables, The ones Car Toy's used were crap on my old Accord. I used double shielded, gold plated one's and the signal quality to my amps was quite noticeable, and the funny thing is, the crappy one's that I was looking at at Fredy's where the same price as the high end one's at my local car audio store. WTF??
                      Last edited by fly68; 10-26-2010, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
                        If I am not mistaken the EX models did come with 6.5' speakers in the front doors. All other models came with a 4.5' or 5' speaker in the door frame. I suggest you go to the JY and look for the proper insert to make your 6.5's fit properly.
                        you've got it backwards Ex 4'', Dx/Lx 6.5''.
                        If you have an Ex you can trash the speaker pods and fit the Lx speaker brackets or just a spacer to install 6.5's
                        FA1

Comment

Originally posted by JDM_CB7_TX View Post
                          How true, why didn't I think of that? The Haynes Manual for the CB7 was the best $20 I ever spent. It has probably saved me at least $1500 in labor. I love how it gives references to a project just in case you are confused.
                          Last edited by fly68; 10-27-2010, 01:23 AM. Reason: non related inforr

Comment

Wires go from amp to crossover. The crossover should have at least 6 terminals on it. 1 set of terminals is for pos and neg input (from amp). 1 set of terminals is for pos and neg output to woofer (6.5"). 1 set is for tweeter. My MB Quarts have like 10 terminals or more though, they're kinda ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                            X