Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where can i get the insight drl module. ive been looking around and i cant really find it? any ideas. also i am insearch of a decent inexpensive hid kit.
    h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
    New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
      where can i get the insight drl module.
      ebay
      honda dealership
      classifieds section on honda websites

ive been looking around and i cant really find it? any ideas. also i am insearch of a decent inexpensive hid kit.
      ebay

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

Originally posted by uncle_el
        ebay
        honda dealership
        classifieds section on honda websites

ebay
        sweet thanks. so the insight drl module can be purchased at any honda dealer?
        h23a3 cb7 turbo sold

FS: 1 Piece JDM Headlghts blackhoused

My Members Ride !
        New ride

'07 GTI Mk5 6spd

Comment

bit of info ive found that nobody has mentioned yet, but the 5th gen prelude rubber boots from the backs of the headlights work as replacements for JDM cb7 headlights, in case you are missing one. they look different, but fit and seal properly. they should run you about 7 bucks each.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
          - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
          - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
          - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
          - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
          Current cars:
          - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
          - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by prodigymb
            sweet thanks. so the insight drl module can be purchased at any honda dealer?
            and no, the insight DRL module is made by insight, not honda, so its not available at the dealer... i think its the people who make the stock modules for mazda? anyway they are available on ebay, just search "insight DRL"

Current cars:

Comment

more info on wiring jdm headlights

absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Comment

but on a canadian car... do we just let it stock?

Comment

When i'll install them on my car... i'll let people know

Comment

Originally posted by According2Me
                    AWSOME WRITE UP... im not sure if anyone touched this yet but... The "nipple" thing... its not used to hold it during making... I am a cert. body tech and those are used with a tool.. the numbers on the headlight(not sure if you noticed them, but look) tell you what number to set the tool and the nipples are mounting points.. this is infact just a beam aiming tool... used to calibrate the "right" way ...not like comon spots on the garage door or what ever fills the road...

Just though id say if anyone actualy wounderd...lol
                    BINGO! nipples are for aiming!
                    90% of US Headlights in general have them, there's 3 of them, 1 stationary point, and 2 other points that are for horizontal and vertical compensation, they have the little numbers like he said so you know how to setup the equipment.

and p.s. nice write up!
                    The CB7 Timeline

Comment

I'll right now i'm confused, here's the deal, i justed picked up cb9 wagon front clip except for the fenders, so i have the bumper with fogs lights the the 2 piece headlights, I "Was" planing to but this on my 90 accord but it sounds like there going to be a light issue? Why isn't this going to be a plug and play issue of course keeping in mind that the wring for 9006-5 to H4-1 has to be done.
                      Not to get off topic but I didnt get the girll of the wagon but will the girll of a 92-93 accord work with the cb9 bumper and headlights with out any modifying or would it just be smart to just pick up the original girll of the wagon.
                      One last thing, I havent seen any one mention if it possible to put HID's in glass headlights? Thanks for the info guys

Comment

Originally posted by yeamans17
                        depending on what year your car is, or more specifically what year your front clip is, if you have the 90-91 headlights and bumper, then the 92-93 grill will fit funny. but if you got a 92-93 clip it'll fit just fine. and i've seen hids in the 2 piece jdm lights, check out timmyotools members ride page, hes got a link to a detailed paged to how he did it
                        i have a 90 ex, but i thought i read some where that the cb9 (us made wagons sent to japan) didn't vary from 90-93, they all had the same front clip? Thanks for the help, i'll check out timmyotools profile

Comment

Ok this thread hasn't been touched for a while and i dont know if this was covered (im pissed and cbf reading) but i have a jdm accord and it has glass two piece (i'm pretty sure) and somewhere it said the jdm 2piece were plastic. correct me if im wrong

^^ Clicky for Members Ride! ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Mealsy
                            Ok this thread hasn't been touched for a while and i dont know if this was covered (im pissed and cbf reading) but i have a jdm accord and it has glass two piece (i'm pretty sure) and somewhere it said the jdm 2piece were plastic. correct me if im wrong
                            only the onepiece were plastic. the 2piece were glass with plastic corners, but they had no nipples on the front of the lenses. of course, they also used h1/h4 bulbs instead of 9005/9006.

Current cars:

Comment

drl's are a canadian phenomenon... we in the u.s. don't have that feature on our usdm headlights. as such, we never lost it, since we didn't have it!

here's a diagram supplied by our own cpmike on how to do drl's in the jdm headlights:

make sure to click on the above picture for more information

important info from timmy0tool:

Originally posted by cp[mike]
                              timmy, my diagram is correct with having the extra GROUND hooked up to the H4, i specifically did not use the POSITIVE on purpose.

the H4 bulbs have three pins- positive, low-filament *ground*, and high-filament *ground*.

when the parking lights are turned on, all FOUR of the bulbs get a positive voltage to their first pin. they dont turn on because the other side of the bulbs, the grounds, arent connected.

when you turn the knob further so the lowbeams turn on, what that does is connects the GROUND wire to the low-filament ground. so that makes a full circuit, positive and negative are both connected, so the low beams turn on.

when you pull the lever to turn the highbeams on, it connects the second ground, so the H1's get a full circuit too.

This is called a ground-switched system, its how hondas are set up, its not the traditional US-style electronics.

so i did the diagram that way on purpose, the GROUND wire from the H1 gets reconnected to the third ground pin on the H4- turning the parking lights on gives power to the H4, turning the lowbeams on connects the first ground, and pulling the lever connects the second ground.

and kurobei, when i had my car set up according to this diagram, absolutely nothing was out of the ordinary. H4s worked as high/lows, and the highbeam indicator only came on when the highbeams were on. recheck your wiring and make sure its according to the pic....
                              uncle - el / cp[mike] - - i just recieved my one piece headlights, i'd like to see the diagram so i can go about hooking these up the right way!!
                              .............................-----------------93 Ex Coupe[/COLOR]-----------------

My CD7

Comment

Originally posted by 93cb7ExCoupe
                                uncle - el / cp[mike] - - i just recieved my one piece headlights, i'd like to see the diagram so i can go about hooking these up the right way!!
                                sure thing dudeman.

[img]http://www.****.com/www/insightDRL.jpg[/img]

Current cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X