Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

4 of July special, my new Cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Topic: cleaning out EGR ports is fun! Great job on doing that! Did you pull the plugs at all or just spray the crap out of it?
    Last edited by Grumpys93; 09-06-2018, 09:57 AM.
    ~Nick~
    FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
    MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpys93 View Post
      Wow this guy was sneaky! Spam alert!

On Topic: cleaning out EGR ports is fun! Great job on doing that! Did you pull the plugs at all or just spray the crap out of it?
      No plugs pulled, just tried my best with the cleaner. The CEL didn't go away, but I already knew that was not going to do the trick. It was more of a temporary solution; although, I did saw an increase in mpg, so it did something.

Comment

I smell potential.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

thats a nice find. good luck with it
          back at it again

Comment

Got a couple of goodies in the mail today. I've been wanting to make this happen for the longest time. Tired of just bolting on cold air intakes on every car I've owned... needed something different.

Anybody else takes their time opening packages?

Yep, 70mm!

Gotta figure out where to place that sticker on the car... #Firstworldproblems

Comment

Any guesses?

Yes, I am getting rid of the cat aka engine choking device. I thought about selling it, but I'll keep it in case I regret it later on.

I was really surprised by how nice this test pipe looks. not too bad for just $25 bucks.

2.5" inlet and outlet diameter

Just waiting on one more part that's supposedly arriving today. Stay *Tuned* for more

Comment

Update on everything so far...

got the new ECU in the mail

ordered a P28, received P06. doesn't matter, still satisfied.

Beware of emotional moment coming up: details on the chip below. I always wanted to attend a car meet. More so, it was one on my dreams since I started to works on cars, to have 2-step on my car. Street Night Takeover was going to happen in a few weeks a couple of blocks from where I live. That was the main reason I ordered this ecu. Thanks to the cb7tuner community (Moderators on this site may be harsh on you sometimes, but it's always for the better of your CB ) thanks to FaceTuned on eBay for helping me with the tune. I message around 10 or so "tuners" and none of them knew how to do ignition cut on the tune

side note: An adjustable 3-step is just like a normal 2-step. The only difference is that it can be done at any rpm after the base rpm. My base rpm is 3k, if I hold the throttle at 3k or over, and floor it, it will activate.

]

Side by side comparison of the stock tb vs the 70mm.

[IMG][/IMG]

Found out that it doesn't fit my manifold. Will have to start looking for an h23 i/m.

Comment

In the attempt to replace the exhaust manifold gasket, I broke the front bolt and had a big exhaust leak.

Ordered this one from Amazon. Not much of an improvement, more of a replacement.

Took the stock one off. Time for a little cleaning on the block.

Much better now

Final result

color, a few days later.

Note to anyone replacing their manifold with this kind of e/m. Here is the problem and the solution:

You have to remove the cat or the downpipe will hit it. the downpipe must be able to move forward and back. Fail to do this step will result in having a leak between the header and the downpipe.

Also, the header needs to be bolted to the downpipe first. The order is the header to the downpipe, then bolt it to the head, and finally to the cat.

I chased that leak for some minutes and had to take them off a couple of times. Every time I put it back on, the leak persisted, until I did it in that order. So, I'm speaking from experience here.

I took some actions to stop the leak but the silicone melted.

This gap was the problem.

View My Video

Comment

Nice work That's a pretty clean bay!

I have a question. The P06 that you received, was it pre-tuned with the base map and those features that were shown? I am lost when it comes to tuning an ECU. Thanks

Comment

Wow

Nice score!

Comment

Originally posted by MOGOTP View Post
                        Nice work That's a pretty clean bay!

I have a question. The P06 that you received, was it pre-tuned with the base map and those features that were shown? I am lost when it comes to tuning an ECU. Thanks
                        Thank you!

There are several sellers on ebay that sell chipped ecu or provide chipping services. You can buy your virgin ecu elsewhere and send it to them so they can chip it. Yes, the one I ordered was pre tuned. They ask you to list the mods that you have done to your car and go from there. The nice thing about it, is that if you ever need another tune, you can just buy another chip (around $30) and swap the one in your ecu.

Comment

Nice pipe!

Comment

Wow

Nice score! Good thing it's manual, I used to own an automatic Honda Accord and it had the worst fuel consumption. The transmission was also problematic.

Comment

Big update

Unfortunately, this journey will be coming to an end. I just got a good deal on an Acura Rsx (DC5) and since I can't keep both cars, I will be selling my cb
                              If any member here is interested, shoot me a pm. I will be keeping the H23 goodies that I bought for her and I had planned to install, because I know I will definitely be back in the CB game later on

PD: Moderators please don't take this post as an ad and delete it. I hope I'm not violating any forum rules. (Feel free to edit it if so)

Comment

Working...
                              X