Single-Din Head Unit with Tilt Face?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single-Din Head Unit with Tilt Face?

I really want a single-din head unit with a face that tilts up a bit for better visibility.

Does anyone know a model with this feature that they could recommend? I haven't seen a tilt-face in a while, save for double-din units.

I had an older Panasonic that had three tilt options, it was kind of old maybe 2007ish. I think that feature has gone extinct, best bet would goto a store and see what they have on display.

Comment

Unfortunately car dashboards are angled upward nowadays.. vont think there is nearly as much demand for early 90s cars with an angled-down dash.

One option is to mount the unit in the upper slot, but allow the rear of the radio to hang down into the lower din cavity. It provides the upward angle you want, while still leaving room for the lower storage pocket in the lower din slot.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

JVC digifine. Doubt they're so around but I had mine in...2000ish. Had mp3 capability

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
          Unfortunately car dashboards are angled upward nowadays.. vont think there is nearly as much demand for early 90s cars with an angled-down dash.

One option is to mount the unit in the upper slot, but allow the rear of the radio to hang down into the lower din cavity. It provides the upward angle you want, while still leaving room for the lower storage pocket in the lower din slot.
          Makes sense.

I did look into switching the head unit and heater control spots, but due to the shape of the vents behind the dash, the head unit wont fit there. So, you're suggesting to keep it in it's intended mounting location, but angle the back of the unit down into the area where the mounting kit typically has a pocket? I'll have to take a look at that. I imagine it would make the fit/gap around the head unit all wonky.

Comment

I figure i'll give a look around ebay for older models that had a tilt feature, barring any other possibilities.

Comment

Working...
            X