Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Been working on the F22A6 and some pics to share!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey people, I was wrong about the D15B7 distributor.

It will work, but the TDC sensor is 180 degrees out. And also TDC sensor is clocked a few degrees out from the F22 TDC sensor. So the distributor needs to be basically maxed out to full adjustment to get 16 degrees.

So I swapped in a F22 distributor and did the internal coil mod (one solder, one cut wire, and one borrowed wire from another distributor.).

Runs like a champ. Seems to be getting quicker as the days go by, and its seating in. Needs more exhaust for sure.

Comment

Crazy build!!! Great info on the intake mani, cant wait to see this thing running

Comment

Awesome build, bro. Been watching it on dseries. How do you feel about using the RAA intake on an F22A? Been comtimplating picking one up from eBay as they're going for about $85 and really designed for low to midrange torque

Comment

From what I can tell, he's using a PRB(02-06 RSX-S) intake manifold. I'd guess from the extra length and shape of the runners on the RAA intake, it won't clear the rear subframe on most Hondas.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

I know what he is using and what chassis it's going into. Our accords have lots of room though

Comment

Only one way to find out! From looking at most stock can dynos, it seems the stock intake/cam combo dies at about 5k pretty hard. It could help, but I think its more of a cam issue than intake manifold. Without knowing if the intake is pulling vacuum past that rpm kind of leaves us in the dark though.
              Last edited by Chrisnick; 01-02-2015, 04:36 PM.

'98 Prelude resto/mod thread

Comment

you just blew my mind with the intake... do coolant lines mtch up or are you plugging those? i would never do this for boost but for na and particularly h2b its great.
                My 91 Accord F22B DOHC MR

My 1996 Civic Ex H23A VTEC MR

Comment

Originally posted by 1813mdw View Post
                  Awesome build, bro. Been watching it on dseries. How do you feel about using the RAA intake on an F22A? Been comtimplating picking one up from eBay as they're going for about $85 and really designed for low to midrange torque
                  I think its worth a try. But I dont know if it would be a benefit over the OEM F22 intake manifold with its butterfly valves, etc.

Originally posted by Smokinspeeds View Post
                  you just blew my mind with the intake... do coolant lines mtch up or are you plugging those? i would never do this for boost but for na and particularly h2b its great.
                  Most everything works perfectly. I had to do a few little modifications.

I relocated the t-stat housing, so it sits by the tranny. I did this by cutting the OEM water pipe on the F22, and just using a chopped rad hose and worm clamp to extend it from the back of the block.

Then you also see I had to add a secondary water path so warmed coolant can rush over the t-stat and actually make it open from heat. That is the small 5/8ths hose, which I just routed back into the cylinder head on the side port under the distributor. And I blocked off the water port on the back of the head with a 1/2" NPT plug.

Comment

Nice ingenuity there. We're gonna a need ripper vids soon

Comment

Originally posted by FarmerD View Post
                      Hey people, I was wrong about the D15B7 distributor.

It will work, but the TDC sensor is 180 degrees out. And also TDC sensor is clocked a few degrees out from the F22 TDC sensor. So the distributor needs to be basically maxed out to full adjustment to get 16 degrees.

So I swapped in a F22 distributor and did the internal coil mod (one solder, one cut wire, and one borrowed wire from another distributor.).

Runs like a champ. Seems to be getting quicker as the days go by, and its seating in. Needs more exhaust for sure.
                      O Lordy .. I've been following this thread! We have some talented and very creative people here.
                      Congratulations so far .. I am very impressed!

Keep up the diligent work, and PLEASE keep the images coming.
                      Now, I want to watch what you do to "fine-tune" this gem of a motor, then I'm diving in lol!

Great descriptions to go with some awesome pictures ...

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Wow awesome work man! I love seeing people try new things and make them work! I can't wait to get home so I can dive into mine! Keep the good stuff coming.

Comment

sweet build!!! cant wait to see some video of this.
                          For the love of god, STOP putting H.I.D's in stock housings!!! Projectors ONLY!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X