No announcement yet.

So.Cal Mechanics Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bled it today, got some bubbles out. pedal feels much better but still not getting it to grab until near the top of the pedal stroke. Also noticed the slave cylinder does not rest against the shift fork causing an occasional rattle which goes away when the clutch is depressed, related?
    should have just bought a factory 5 speed car
    FA1

Comment

Originally posted by 2.2litrebeater View Post
      bled it today, got some bubbles out. pedal feels much better but still not getting it to grab until near the top of the pedal stroke. Also noticed the slave cylinder does not rest against the shift fork causing an occasional rattle which goes away when the clutch is depressed, related?
      should have just bought a factory 5 speed car
      Keep on bleeding, it probably takes another 20 bleed cycles from where you're at.

My swap thread
      Main relay proplems?--DIY

Comment

I have a question for the LA mechanics out there. My axles started clicking 200 miles ago, so I need to get them replaced. My CV boots have been ripped for well over a thousand miles now.
        I'm also thinking of having my bushings replaced while this work is being done. I don't have the expertise (or hydraulic press) to do these things myself, so..

1) Does anyone work at a shop in LA that could do this for me?
        2) How much would it be to have both repairs done? I'll supply the bushings (Prothane or Energy Suspension). The car is a 5-speed.
        3) I'll be using this car as my daily commuter/truck for at least another five years, so would OEM remanufactured axles or aftermarket pieces be a better idea?

I'll be back in the US late July, so it'll likely need to be done sometime then. Thanks, everyone.
        Last edited by Nurega; 06-02-2011, 06:25 AM.
        Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
        2005 Acura TSX 6MT
        2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

Originally posted by Nurega View Post
          I have a question for the LA mechanics out there. My axles started clicking 200 miles ago, so I need to get them replaced. My CV boots have been ripped for well over a thousand miles now.
          I'm also thinking of having my bushings replaced while this work is being done. I don't have the expertise (or hydraulic press) to do these things myself, so..

1) Does anyone work at a shop in LA that could do this for me?
          2) How much would it be to have both repairs done? I'll supply the bushings (Prothane or Energy Suspension). The car is a 5-speed.
          3) I'll be using this car as my daily commuter/truck for at least another five years, so would OEM remanufactured axles or aftermarket pieces be a better idea?

I'll be back in the US late July, so it'll likely need to be done sometime then. Thanks, everyone.
          You should contact Jesus in Ontario. But I know you don't need a press to do that work. That stuff is very easy to do with simple tools. Getting the axle bolt off is the hardest part of it.

My swap thread

Comment

the bushings are pretty hard to do since there pressed in and hammering them off is kinda dangerous i slammed my finger when i removed mine from my first CB... the axels in my opinion are easier to remove than the bushings.

i have remanufactured axels on my CB i paid 35 bucks each and there guaranteed for life and no problems with them whatsoever i replaced them over 4 years ago

CLICK ON SIG FOR MEMBERS RIDE
            "2SIIC"
            Authentic Jerseys for sale
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188314

Comment

Originally posted by 4CYLPOWER92 View Post
              You should contact Jesus in Ontario. But I know you don't need a press to do that work. That stuff is very easy to do with simple tools. Getting the axle bolt off is the hardest part of it.
              I've heard good things about Jesus. Do you happen to know his username so I can message him? Thanks for the recommendation!

Originally posted by Davids92Accord View Post
              the bushings are pretty hard to do since there pressed in and hammering them off is kinda dangerous i slammed my finger when i removed mine from my first CB... the axels in my opinion are easier to remove than the bushings.

i have remanufactured axels on my CB i paid 35 bucks each and there guaranteed for life and no problems with them whatsoever i replaced them over 4 years ago
              I'll take your word for it; I've heard of old bushings being a PITA to remove. I didn't realize OEM remanufactured axles would be just $35; I'll definitely go for those. Thanks!
              Original-Owner 1991 Honda Accord
              2005 Acura TSX 6MT
              2010 Mazda Miata Grand Touring

Comment

I've heard good things about Jesus. Do you happen to know his username so I can message him? Thanks for the recommendation!

I'll take your word for it; I've heard of old bushings being a PITA to remove. I didn't realize OEM remanufactured axles would be just $35; I'll definitely go for those. Thanks!
                I don't think he comes on here often anymore... his sn is blackcb7 I believe
                And I've yet to have a problem with good remanufactured axles.. just get them from a place that does good work

Comment

I'll pm you his number.

My swap thread

Comment

Working...
                  X